It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Identifies Cop Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Originally posted by Kali74
No, this isn't good at all and should be rejected en masse. We can't be fighting for american rights while stomping on others. Every citizen has the right to a trial and is innocent until proven guilty. Now that officer and any officer that is violated in this manor...their families are in danger and NO ONE has the right to do that. All they had to do was give the information to Mayor Quan, if it is even accurate information...where ever that is sourced from needs to be slammed with messages and emails of intolerance.

Trial? Hahahahaha! You've got to be kidding me. When the kid in my town with a cognitive deficiency was beaten to death by 6 cops, not one of them actually even went in front of a judge. They got a few months PAID suspension. There aren't any courts for men like him.

How can anyone possible hear or follow the fight against corruption if those fighting are corrupt themselves? What happened to Scott Olsen was horrific. The Mayor of Oakland promised to follow through on investigation and even if she doesn't feel that in her heart the public pressure was too great to ignore, Oaklanders did their job in demanding justice. How are any of you supporting this going to feel if a member of this cops family is hurt? How are you going to feel if he is innocent? Lead by example. Everytime a cop uses excessive force be there screaming for justice and end it there.

I support this as a route to a civil trial if not a criminal trial.
Sue the cop personally in civil court.
As far as allowing him to go untried and given anonymity because he has a badge or a family, well tough.
With great power comes greater responsibility.
You profess to be honorable enough to wear that badge and carry that gun, man up and take responsibility.
You are responsible for your actions.
If he is harrased or his family harmed those people will also be responsible for THEIR actions.

We are equal... or we are supposed to be.

That said, if the cop did nothing wrong, why hasn't he stepped forward and offered his side?
His silence is deafening.
edit on 10/31/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

All about making him accountable. Instead of going to his house trying to start trouble, what if 10 or 20 people went to the station he dispatches out of and filed a complaint, protest where it will hurt him, his job, not his family. The wife and kids are going to suffer either way. Would be nice to investigate him further, bet we could capture enough evidence on him to raise criminal charges.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Ransomitall because: uh i am just stupid

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

This is just more evidence of the mob mentality of OWS.

Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Djarums

This is just more evidence of the mob mentality of OWS.

Nothing more, nothing less.

do you not think its the peoples right to know who did this? to make sure that charges are brought on him and punished for his actions? Now that the people know who did this. There voices will cry out for justice and i hope in a just manner.

If Anonymous did not do this i fear this man would have been scott free!
edit on 31-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Yes I do.

But I don't think it's right to post an officers home address and potentially have his family injured or killed before the damned investigation is even over! What's wrong with you people?

That is called mob vigilantism.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
when my mentally ill wife was put on probation for a crime she didnt commit.the taking of money hurt the family.by depriving them .yes the children of this cop should also feel the pain.if my daughter was in school with the kids of said cop.i would have my daughter make them regret .cops need to know their place too.patience is running thin in this country.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If I have to be accountable for my actions in my life / career why should the man who shot the marine in THE FACE with a gas canister then proceeded to throw a fragmenting flash grenade into a group of people not be ACCOUNTABLE.....

Since when is ACCOUNTABILITY only for the peons......

Maybe these Police officers will start thinking twice before they over step the line........

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yes I do.

But I don't think it's right to post an officers home address and potentially have his family injured or killed before the damned investigation is even over! What's wrong with you people?

That is called mob vigilantism.

Its the goverment and the system that has made the mob the way it is. If they "the cops and goverment" acted the way they are sopose to and not step on the peoples rights, then we would not have this problem in the first place.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

well if he didn't shot someone in the face point blank and then throw a flash bang gernade at them when there on the ground then he would not have to worry about a mob coming to his house.

See what I mean?

You don't even know that THIS was the officer. Even if you DID know this was the officer you don't know that his intention was to hurt that marine kid. The investigation isn't over.

But you're more than happy to see this officers family get hurt because you hate cops so much that it's all good right?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Oh I see.

So it's ok to put a mans family in danger without even having the full story.

Gotcha.

You're disgusting and so is anyone else who agrees with you. You have solidified all the reasons I have to be against Anonymous and OWS.

edit on 31-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Oh I see.

Gotcha.

You're disgusting and so is anyone else who agrees with you.

you can see him in the videos toss a flash bang into a peaceful pack of people trying to drag there wounded out of harms way.

And i never once said the mob should seek its own justices but to make sure this man is brought in and has justices served apon him.

Your jumping to conclusions and putting words into peoples mouths. Did anonymous ask a mob to got torch this guys house. No. They just gave the info to where he lives. So those that want to see this man behind bars can go to his house and arrest him.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

And i never once said the mob should seek its own justices but to make sure this man is brought in and has justices served apon him.

Oh?

well if he didn't shot someone in the face point blank and then throw a flash bang gernade at them when there on the ground then he would not have to worry about a mob coming to his house.

I've seen the videos. I require no reminder.

But you don't seem to understand that putting a man's family in danger, which is what Anon did here, is also NOT a good thing.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I'm taking YOUR WORDS at face value.

Maybe you should think before you hit the post button.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Oh?

what is wrong with people coming to his house and either protesting and or arresting him? And again, can you please show me where anyone has said or asked the “mob” to put a hit on this guy or burn his house down or anything else that you guys “assume” will happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Oh I see.

Gotcha.

You're disgusting and so is anyone else who agrees with you. You have solidified all the reasons I have to be against Anonymous and OWS.

Danger from the gun-toting-angry-thug-criminals who intimidate innocent people, and organize to act like judge and jury?
Oh wait.. that's the cop.

Seriously..do you really think the hordes of citizens will maniacally attack the man's family?
That's utterly rediculous.
I do think he might get shunned for his actions.. and possibly face criminal or civil court, as well he should.
Covering it up is wrong, and anyone supporting a cover up of an attempted murder is a sick individual.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

A mob is nothing more than a group of people who impose their will on others.

With all the cop hate and the kind of rhetoric I see coming out of people like YOU and others who support OWS it is NOT a stretch to see them try to cause harm to the officer or to his family.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Seriously..do you really think the hordes of citizens will maniacally attack the man's family? That's utterly rediculous.

Yes I do. It is VERY possible.

And considering some of the responses on this thread, probable.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

A mob is nothing more than a group of people who impose their will on others.

With all the cop hate and the kind of rhetoric I see coming out of people like YOU and others who support OWS it is NOT a stretch to see them try to cause harm to the officer or to his family.

there you go again, your “assuming”. Maybe you should stop assuming before posting. I have never once said im for or against OWS. Im still on the fence. And maybe i used the word mob to liberally. Maybe i should have said "people" to be more PC. And again. I've never asked for blood in the streets and i keep repeating "that he be brought in and justices be served" OK

lets underscore BROUGHT IN

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Deleted - ignore me.
edit on 31-10-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I don't care that you're for OWS or not.

You are there, in your words, stating that this officer(not knowing whether it was him or not)deserves to have a mob(or in PC terms "the people") show up at his doorstep for some kind of "justice".

And you don't seem to get the fact that some people's version of justice to these events is "Burn his damned house down and kill his kids".

It is the HEIGHT of irresponsibility for Anon to do this. And they have done it before. And not just to cops, but regular folks.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I like threads like this. It identifies the violent irrational members here.

Anarchists are far more dangerous than the government could ever be and that is plenty bad.

Anonymous should be prosecuted if any harm comes to anyone from their actions. Hope they are held accountable, but most of all I hope this Officers family are not harmed.

No person in their right mind would have done this, so we can assume that there are some true criminals and punks in Anonymous.

Wow you sound like you're a right wing conservative from the 1980's.

no hes right. This cop had full rights to shot people in the face and throw gernades at them for no reason. He has a badge so its lawful. we should not question our goverments action and ask for justices. Its criminal and goes the way of anarchists.

hahaha right

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join