It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Identifies Cop Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

when somebody does something wrong it is wrong, do we make up these same types of excuses when protesters throw things at police? the fight or flight thing or what it may of been like from their prospective? no we do not.

they commited a crime or did wrong and are critisied for it, yet when it is a cop we are suppose to take into account some different prespective of what it must of been like. wether your a cop or a protester it does not matter, what matters is did the person do something wrong and act in a proper manner or did they overstep a mark.

i could sit here if i wished excusing all the bad things protesters do, and suggest it is a unique situation and how things are different to police prespective etc, but i will not because that is no excuse for a start, just as it is no excuse if a police officer oversteps the mark.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Regarding the statement "First off law enforcement is not required to act." Remember a few years ago when a young girl got raped in an airport bathroom and the onlookers did nothing to help her? Yeah, that's the law - no one has any duty to help anyone else. If a cop gets shot and is laying in the street bleeding to death, no one has to do anything to help. They can stand there and watch. Maybe that's a good starting point for changing things - if you think that there ought to be some duty imposed on people to help others. Maybe we ought to put a value on human life. But for that to work, it'd have to go from the womb to prisoners, to the mentally and physically ill. As it is, it's a bizarre society we live in that doesn't value human life as invaluable.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

when somebody does something wrong it is wrong, do we make up these same types of excuses when protesters throw things at police? the fight or flight thing or what it may of been like from their prospective? no we do not.

they commited a crime or did wrong and are critisied for it, yet when it is a cop we are suppose to take into account some different prespective of what it must of been like. wether your a cop or a protester it does not matter, what matters is did the person do something wrong and act in a proper manner or did they overstep a mark.

i could sit here if i wished excusing all the bad things protesters do, and suggest it is a unique situation and how things are different to police prespective etc, but i will not because that is no excuse for a start, just as it is no excuse if a police officer oversteps the mark.

Cops are paid to stand there and take abuse. If they step over the line and shoot somebody in the skull with a tear gas canister it's their fault, not yours or mine.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Apparently police in Oakland are now breaking the law and covering up their names and badge numbers.. effectively becoming secret police who no longer have to take responsibility for their actions. Disgusting turn of events.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Its interesting to see what's happening with the "LAW" in the public's eye.
Who determines the Law? Obviously everyone knows of the court system but it's flawed.
Anonymous is a new sort of Law and its interesting to note that this online community
generally supports it.

This sort of behind the scenes public court system wouldn't have worked in other decades.

It's sad that it's come to this, but justice doesn't fit neatly within a court system box which has provided inconsistent justice at best.
This officer is another example what of this newfangled digital justice is about.
I see it only becoming more prevalent as time ticks.. 2 years from now or even sooner, anon will be a living room chat topic

b

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
People who don't think it was OK to out this guys personal information, think about this:

When you get arrested, your name is made public. Many protesters' names and mugshots were posted online by police departments(one of which posted them on FaceBook, I forgot which PD that was). So why can't we play by their rules when they commit crimes against humanity?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ok there are a few problems with what has happened here...

1) Noone has provided any proof whatsoever that this particular man is the person responsible for Scott Olsen's injuries.

2) The message that accompanies the release of this man's personal information does not definitively state that he was even responsible. "Believed to be", "or at least knows who is responsible".

3) Finally, and most importantly, the personal information is incorrect and now two completely innocent men are being threatened.

Source: Exclusive: SF Bartenders Wrongly Targeted as 'Occupy Oakland' Goes After Cop

That right there is why this type of internet vigilantism is completely unacceptable.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join