It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean Absorbed 79 Percent Of Fukushima Fallout !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is not good,

About 19 percent of airborne fallout from the Fukushima nuclear disaster was deposited in Japan, and only about 2 percent made it to other land areas in Asia and North America, according to a study published this week by the European Geosciences Union. The bulk was absorbed by the Pacific Ocean.

Here is the link to the full story.,

www.forbes.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I just wonder if there has been any affect on the Bering Sea as well.

I can not live without my king crab.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Japanese...

Radioactive..

Waters...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oh no...

I knew it was bad. I kind of stopped my strict dieting because of this.

There really is no point when all foods are now contaminated with radiation.

Glad I am taking potassium iodide everyday though.

I don't know what to say...

Well...cancer here i come...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Ga dizla

But seriously that sucks, we done f*ed this planet. Nuclear power only powers 19% of America and we have the most Nuclear reactors in the world. Really all this for 19% of power, cancer, two headed babies, millions of deaths, basketball sized tumors. Good call guys, really, of all the ways to make energy.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I read this last night i thought it would fit well in your post

Japan nuclear reactors need 30-year fix

www.cbc.ca...

Only 30 more years to go before they fix this messy leak,

Radiated seeweed, seafood, fish, rice, there whole diet is probably now contaminated...

good luck you

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

I want to thank you for your post and information in regards to the leak and aftermath that is still ongoing. I can only say that this is something that can make a person feel powerless. I was thinking about the numbers they had reported.The %'s and even if the stats are correct, I wouldn't want to eat anything swimming in the Pacific for awhile.. For those who may feel like saying its perfectly safe.. Then you can have my fish dinner anytime you want it. I'm not eating seafood for awhile. Thanks again..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
thats just great isnt it....and just think only another 30 or so years of radiation spewing out of those broken reactors....im going to take the positive on this one and say that our childrens children(asuming they survive)should be pretty imune to radiation or at least have higher tolerances.......actually no i cant... lets face it we be doomed ..with retarted goverments like we have what does on really expect?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So the amount of cesium (some radioactive stuff) was actually twice as much as was reported.

It finds that twice as much cesium 137 was released at Fukushima than originally reported.

Is this classified information? Do we not need to know? Why the hush hush? Afraid we'll panic? And run where? Stocks will crash? Why the secrecy?

Same as BP in the gulf. Have to hunt to know or know someone to know. That's not right. All this wanton drilling and nucleating is making a mess of the seafood. I don't think it's necessary. I say shut it all down.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Yes I wonder when this monster is going to raise it's ugly head. It's so typical with so much of humanity, to ignore the danger to come until it's on the doorstep. :It's like Scarlett said in Gone With The Wind " Oh I will think about that tomorrow" 79% in the ocean, what a joke. Truth is, everytime your lied to, they are killing people as they withhold the truth..

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thank god!

Wiuth various forms of radiation being present naturally on earth, the ocean was probably the only part of earth that can deal with a, on our scale, massive influx of radiation.

I'm not saying that this won't hurt the ocean, I'm just saying the teams best player got the ball.

Just my armchair thoery

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Most if the radiation emitters will sink straight to the bottom and into the mud.

These are heavy elements

Only the radiation emitters in coastal areas are continually stirred up and the currents will take them to deeper waters over time.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I don't understand. You sound like you can have it both ways. If the omitters sind straight to the bottom.and into the sand, how do they get out to sea? Then one other thing. This has never happened before. How do we know with any certainty that this radiation is going to sink and be burried in the sand before it contaminates everything on its way. whats gonna clean the water its polluted?

top topics

join