It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is NYPD Sending Drunk Homeless People to Occupy Wall Street?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
This is ridiculous. Occupy Wallstreet is a protest, not a social service. It should be represented by genuine protestors who believe in what they are fighting for.

If NYPD recall is directing these types towards the protests, then that is despicable. As far as delegitimizing OWS goes, i think its working. All i hear lately are stories of people injecting heroin and homeless people bogarting food.

Kind of hard to throw your support behind something like that.

OWS is being funded. People are paid $350-$650 per week to protest. You didn't see the NY Craigslist ad recruiting them like the Obama health care bill recruited college students to lobby for the health care bill? I have to admit that I nearly peed my pants laughing when the new health care bill included student loan CUTS and making it all a Federal government arrangement. After watching their ignorant, greedy little faces unable to answer a question about why they lobbied for health care.......I could only laugh when they were screwed by their own greed and ignorance.

Are you kidding me?

You really need to wake up, my friend.
This isn't Disney Land.............

edit on 31/10/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

I highly doubt that everyone protesting is getting paid. Hell I know people who went down to the Seattle protests. It's a really weird movement.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I highly doubt that everyone protesting is getting paid. Hell I know people who went down to the Seattle protests. It's a really weird movement.

Excellent point.I didn't mean everyone....it's just that some people are. It's funded. That doesn't diminish it's significance. People are tired of a system that's stacked against them. Will their good intentions be misdirected by media spin towards enslaving us further? Or will we finally throw off the chains of control?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think it's kinda funny and ironic, the OWS complaining about freeloading their free meals paid for by donations while demanding their student loans be paid by Wall Street. How much more of a circus can it be? I do feel for the homeless though. It always makes me feel grateful for what I have.
edit on 1-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

What's really frightening is that half the country voted for that Kenyan imposter, and that he is not impeached for his high crimes against this Republic.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
doesnt sound ridiculous to me, why shouldnt the homeless be allowed to be there. Afterall they may be homeless because the govt wont give them jobs, thats what the protest is about isnt it? give the people jobs

Apparently there was also a table set up in DC filled with applications for jobs in the DC area.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

reply to post by HauntWok

I'm a staunch supporter of the police but I wouldn't be surprised if they were sending in the homeless to irritate or instigate. It really does make the OWS folks lose credibility with many people.

Are the buses free? Who is paying for that? Im inclined to think that the homeless have found their way to free food by word of mouth.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Is NYPD Sending Drunk Homeless People to Occupy Wall Street?

gawker.com

The increased presence of homeless drug addicts and drunks has been causing tension in Zuccotti Park. Apparently the amount of "freeloaders" caused the Occupy Wall Street kitchen to scale back operations for a few days in protest. The Daily News today reports that the place has basically become divided between "real" occupy wall street protesters on the east, and the homeless riffraff on the West: There is now a "wrong side of the tracks" at Zuccotti Park.

According to Daily News op-ed contributor Harry Siegel, this shift has been helped along by friendly NYPD officers:

The NYP
(visit the link for the full news article)

Why do homeless people have to be drunks or drug addicted?

What if they just lost their job?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I have heard the OWS folks take good care of these poor people....yes, the NYPD unloaded a bunch of "homeless drunks"....gee....seems like they are DEFINITELY 99%, don't you think???.(many are drunk BECAUSE THEY ARE HOMELESS...not the other way around)..they have been dealt the rawest of hands....of course they will be sheltered and fed.....we, the 99% are kind, and we HELP each other.....especially the weakest among us....if not, then we stand for nothing...just like our present group of babblers running for "office"....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Does the OWS not want to support the bottom 1%?

Words from someone who doesn't have a clue about what OWS is about... it's not about supporting people... it's about playing by the Flippin RULES instead of deregulating the very thing we all need....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm a staunch supporter of the police but I wouldn't be surprised if they were sending in the homeless to irritate or instigate. It really does make the OWS folks lose credibility with many people.

I would. I would be very surprised. The police aren't the homeless person's friend. The police tend to assume that anyone who is homeless is automatically a drunk or a drug abuser (something that the homeless themselves don't help, especially when many of them ARE drunks and or drug abusers)

But it doesn't take a genius to figure out where the free food is. One thing about most places in America, you won't starve. But if a homeless person finds a free venue to get something fresh to eat at, it won't take long before the place is overrun with the homeless looking for a meal. The homeless community tends to be a tight nit group. Friends tell friends etc and before you know it, there's a line.

A fun experiment to prove this is, go to any door in a city where there is homeless at. take 4 or 5 guys with you, line up at that door, within a half an hour you will have a huge line and no one there will have any idea what the line is for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join