It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music For the ATS Crowd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hello ATS Community,

I recently became a member on here, after strolling in the dark for years I finally decided to join.

There are numerous subject lines brought up on here everyday, which I love. I especially like the bold "end of times" predictions we keep unraveling.

My buddy and I have been making music for some time and the concepts behind them fall into many of these categories. I figured I'd give them a shot on here, see what feedback I receive.

Our link is www.reverbnation.com/awokenonez

I'm sure I probably screwed this post up somewhere
Hopefully you will all check it out.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Must. Wash. Ears.

No S/F for you!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

You are too sweet... thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
you should probably start by linking your best/favourite song that you really think describes you as a band. I've listened to a little but so far nothing that really caught my attention, also because for some reason it is buffering your songs super slow. Anyway, point out one that I should listen to first.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Ghandi because: sp

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Hmmm.. I appreciate the feedback... the tune I would ask for is TRIP... I'll see if there is something from my site lagging it, its loading real fast from my end..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

Regardless.... I LOVE your avatar! Brings me back to the days of following Manson around... ahh... the 90's kicked some tail...

Be well!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That just earned you a S/F!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I wonder why there are so many amateur musicians who think they're this good to spam chat rooms and message boards with their 'Hey, my mum says i'm very special and awesome and my music is great so listen to it...love it and don't critisize it!" behaviour.

And the music is really awful, badly produced, badly made, it's third rade if anything. If you think you have what it takes to be a musician, at least invest some money in a proper record studio deal to make something good and not homecoooked bull#

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Thanks Shadow!

I don't recall saying not to bash it.... hmmm...

At least I'm not trying to sell anything! I appreciate your honesty, although i wonder if you would compare a painting with the same intensity. Art is art my friend, the quality may not be top-level but the inspiration is.

And by the way, looooved the british take "my mum thinks its really good"... Classic...

I'm still actually chucklin about that one. Image of Ringo begging his mum to let him join the Beatles... "please mum... all I have to do is drum!"

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I appreciate the response. Alas, I am not whining. You see, I am of an age considered to old to rock, have too many commitments to chase this dream. In fact, I'm not even trying to sell myself. This music was made simply for the reason I love making music. I've been bashed, called third rate music, told how horrible it is, but I continue to make because I do enjoy it. And believe it or not, I actually have a fair number of fans who continue to enjoy what I do.

Regardless... I don''t even mind the negativity, as proof I push forward. Took a gamble to see if anyone on ATS would enjoy and learned that the ones who responded aren't receptive... Oh well, the great gift of life keeps giving, my kids rock out to me... and that alone is worth more than gold!

Peace, be well my friends...

new topics

top topics

join