It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unesco gives Palestinians full membership (Israel rejects the decision)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Northern Europe?

Might wanna get rid of Queenie at some point. Just an idea.

You may want to do the same

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Unesco: “United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization “.

By what standards were the Palestinians accepted to that organization exactly?
Science ? What science? Explosives chemistry ?

Education ? Well yeah, That must be it, silly me !

Their schools and text books that teach the young generation to praise martyrdom, that call Jews pigs and apes, that omit any historical Jewish connection to the land of Israel, that erase Israel from their maps, and are obsessed with Holocaust denial.

www.eufunding.org...

palwatch.org...

These are text books officially published by the “moderate” Fatah and the Palestinian authority.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Unesco: “United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization “. By what standards were the Palestinians accepted to that organization exactly? Science ? What science? Explosives chemistry ?

The answer to your question is in the OP

Huge cheers went up in Unesco after delegates voted to approve the membership Monday. One shouted "Long Live Palestine!" in French. Israel said that the vote will harm prospects for the resumption of Middle East peace talks.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No it does not.
Try again.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Wonderful news!!! It was about time. Palestinians have rights, their rights can not be ignored forever.
Israel should stop behaving like a child, and accept that this was the right course. To my mind,
when someone has suffered so much (and Jews have indeed suffered a lot through all these years)
he should support the right thing, exactly because he knows what it's like to be wronged. I sincerely
hope that Israel will eventually see that.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I'm sure Palestine's education system would do far better if Israel stopped bombing their schools..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

No Palestinian school or hospital was ever bombed. But I'm quite used to you spreading propaganda.

It sure as hell would have been better for their education system if they were not shooting from and hiding within schools.
Need proof...again ?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

No Palestinian school or hospital was ever bombed. But I'm quite used to you spreading propaganda.
It sure as hell would have been better for their education system if they were not shooting from and hiding within schools.
Need proof...again ?

United Nations investigators say they have uncovered no evidence to support a claim by the Israeli military that Hamas fighters were holed up in a Gaza school, prompting a deadly attack by Israeli forces that killed 40 civilians, many of them children.

www.time.com...

Try getting your history from somewhere other than Israeli sites.

edit on 3-11-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Ha ha , you're so funny.

"Before Israeli bombs fell outside the school”

“Some Jabalya refugees at the school said they saw a small group of militants firing mortars near the school and running away”
Unrwa are now unbiased reliable source?
Where is the picture of that bombed school?

now let me ask you. What school was bombed in the west bank?
These school books are published by the PA from Ramallah in the west bank. Yet their texts spew hate and call for death to the Jews.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

You still stick to your comment that "NO Palestinian" school was bombed by Israel??

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It is evident that America and Israel want no peace in Palastine and I think this is the reason why..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

A school was bombed by Israel. I have seen the footage and it is sick. Not only was it bombed it was bombed with white phosphorus or something like that. People burned...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

A school was bombed by Israel. I have seen the footage and it is sick. Not only was it bombed it was bombed with white phosphorus or something like that. People burned...

Here is one of the many videos of this.

The fact that people deny this happens is pure ignorance.

ETA: Don't give me the Muslim extremist using human shields excuse either you Israel apologists.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Haven't been through this WP bull crap a 100's before?
Look at my past posts where I clearly showed what are WP shells looks like and what Smoke screen shell looks like.

I guarantee you one thing.
All those people running around in those videos would not be running an inch if these were indeed WP artillery shells.
Ask any honest soldier who ever been in the battle field. Obviously you are not, Honest nor a soldier.

So no, no school was bombed, although I wouldn't blame the IDF for doing so when being used as Hamas launching pad.

Now for my original question:
What standards did the Palestinians meet to be granted a membership in Unesco.
What Science, What Education and What Culture?
Stop dancing singing hey ya ya ya around the fire and answer the simple question.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
And just when I thought the Americans couldn't be any more obedient to Israel:

Senators predict massive U.S. withdrawal from international organizations

Following the State Department's announcement that it had cut off U.S. funding from UNESCO in response to its overwhelming vote in favor of accepting the Palestinian bid for full membership, senators from both parties predicted the United States would cut funding or even withdraw from several other international organizations the Palestinians seek to join.

As The Cable reported last month, the Obama administration is required by existing U.S. law to cut off funding for any international organization that grants the Palestinians full membership. . Membership in UNESCO also grants the Palestinians membership in the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). The United States is not a member of UNIDO, but will be forced to stop contributing to WIPO.

Israel: Jump!

U.S: How high?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Haven't been through this WP bull crap a 100's before?

Yes we have

Look at my past posts where I clearly showed what are WP shells looks like and what Smoke screen shell looks like.

Your posts have shown me nothing of the sort. Did you see my post?

I guarantee you one thing. All those people running around in those videos would not be running an inch if these were indeed WP artillery shells.

You guarantee me? Wow, that is pretty confident of you. I take it you have spoken to various victims of WP attacks?

Ask any honest soldier who ever been in the battle field. Obviously you are not, Honest nor a soldier.

How do you know this, you don't know me. Either way it is irrelevant. Your definition of soldier probably differs than mine anyways. Why such trivial deflections,? We're running in circles here.

So no, no school was bombed, although I wouldn't blame the IDF for doing so when being used as Hamas launching pad.

There are mountains of evidence from various sources that you refuse to acknowledge that prove a school has been bombed. It is right in front of you and yet you deny it. You are one of the many on here who can't be reasoned with due to your blindness.

Now for my original question: What standards did the Palestinians meet to be granted a membership in Unesco. What Science, What Education and What Culture? Stop dancing singing hey ya ya ya around the fire and answer the simple question.

The standards they met in order to be granted membership in UNESCO is"

"Unesco, the United Nations' cultural agency, has decided to give the Palestinians full membership of the body, in a vote that will boost their bid for recognition as a state at the UN. "

Who we are

UNESCO has 193 Member States and seven Associate Member States. It is governed by the General Conference and the Executive Board. The Secretariat, headed by the Director-General, implements the decisions of these two bodies.

The General Conference establishes the Organization's goals and priorities every two years and sets the budget. The Executive Board meets twice a year to follow programme implementation.

In case you're not catching on yet:

STRATEGIC PLANNING

The United Nations recognizes the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) as the “poorest and weakest segment” of the international community. They are considered highly disadvantaged in their development process and risk, more than other countries, not being able to rise out of poverty. This is why is the LDCs must receive targeted support from the international community.

UNESCO is committed to providing targeted assistance to the LDCs in all of its spheres of competence, as reflected in its Medium-Term Strategy for 2008-2013 (34 C/4). The Organization is guided by the Programme of Action for the Least Developed Countries for the Decade 2011-2020, adopted by the Fourth United Nations Conference on the LDCs (Istanbul 2011).

Your question has many answers, I have provided some of the criteria. Palestine clearly qualifies for membership. I have listed several. Now please provide me with reasons why you think they should not qualify.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hmmmmm white phosphorus

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

We can even save more than the $ 60 million earmarked for UNESCO. We can cut off aid to Israel and save an additional $ 3 billion.
sure start with the hundreds of billions we give to Muslim states then I would have no problem with that.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

It looks like a missile battery exploding to me from a failed launch igniting the ammunitions around the launch site.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here is another example of Israel throwing a hissy fit when they do not get their way:

Israel PM orders UNESCO funding halt

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday ordered a halt to Israel’s financial contributions to UNESCO after the UN cultural organisation granted the Palestinians full membership.

Awwwwwwwe pour lil Bibi didn't get his way

The Zionists in Israel are such control freaks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join