It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween reminds us of Zombies, how are you preparing to deal with a REAL zombie apocalypse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't think that it is possible for a virus to infect people, kill them, and then take over basic brain function to make them cannibals with limited motor skills, and diminished sensory perception with an endless hunger for non-zombies.

That said, the much scarier and real zombie still has the vision, dexterity, and ability to drive a car, fire a rifle, reload that rifle, and fire again after running behind cover.

The real zombie may be wearing body armor, and have a truck load of explosives, looking for something to eat.

The real zombie is a starving human. It has been shown that most humans will indeed turn to cannibalism to avoid starving to death. Okay it might not be most, but a large significant percentage.

The Donner Party (sometimes called the Donner–Reed Party) was a group of American pioneers who set out for California in a wagon train. Delayed by a series of mishaps, they spent the winter of 1846–47 snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Some of the emigrants resorted to cannibalism to survive, eating those who had succumbed to starvation and sickness.
en.wikipedia.org...

Cannibalism has recently been both practiced and fiercely condemned in several wars, especially in Liberia[11] and Congo.[12] Today, the Korowai are one of very few tribes still believed to eat human flesh as a cultural practice.[13][14] It is also still known to be practiced as a ritual and in war in various Melanesian tribes.[15] Historically, allegations of cannibalism were used by the colonial powers to justify the enslavement of what were seen as primitive peoples; cannibalism has been said to test the bounds of cultural relativism as it challenges anthropologists "to define what is or is not beyond the pale of acceptable human behavior".[16] Anthropophagy is an uncommon act that is not illegal in most US states nor in most countries.[17] People who eat human flesh are usually charged with crimes not relating to anthropophagy, such as murder or desecration of a body.[17] Cannibalism has been occasionally practiced as a last resort by people suffering from famine. Occasionally it has occurred in modern times. A famous example is the crash of Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571, after which some survivors ate the bodies of dead passengers. Also, some mentally ill individuals obsess about eating others and actually do so, such as Jeffrey Dahmer and Albert Fish. There is a resistance to formally labelling cannibalism as a mental disorder.[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

So lets move on to a real world situation in which supply lines were disrupted, and three days later the gas stations were empty, the grocery stores were empty and possibly burned to the ground as looters battled inside the stores for the last scraps of anything.

Day four of the emp/solar storm.

Everyone still has their guns, people are 100% desperate at this point. The realization is that maybe this is not going to get better. People who are hungry have one thing on their mind. What am I going to eat, and where can I get it.

Day five, as people haven't been rescued. I believe city dwellers will do a mass exodus to the country, so as to maybe find a rabbit, deer, squirrel, chicken, hog, cow, or sheep to eat.

This is the most dangerous part. Humans with only partially diminished capabilities will be coming for your food. For the next several months, there will be an ongoing problem of starving people trying to take your food, and finally, your body because it is food.

This is the time to be in your remote bug out location. Security will need to be round the clock, and in a 360 degree radius.

What are your thoughts on this scenario? How would you behave in this situation? Have you made a family plan to escape, evade, and survive?

If your home becomes unsafe, do you have a bugout idea? Do you have the supplies to start a farm when it is all over, and peace returns?

Do you have the knowledge to start over, and live life as if it were the year 1811?

Can you keep your loved ones safe and fed for 6 months?

Happy halloween ATS.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That isn't a zombie invasion!
You can't talk about a zombie invasion and leave out zombies!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think it would take longer than 5 days before people resorted to eating each other. Happy Halloween.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Zombie outbreaks? Already have happened in history.
www.fvza.org...
Plagues among other things have caused such acts.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We already are in a Zombie Apocalypse! ... of undead, brainless people!

It's horrifying!

IRM

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Finally you will be overcome by more powerful (better weaponry, more warriors, etc.) people.
History has taught us one thing: very, very few citadels were NOT invaded. You will always need someone outside of your fortress who could support you being under siege with fresh supply, distraction attacks and so on.

Stay hidden, lowest possible profile. If you need to cultivate fruits, do it either in a secluded spot or in a pattern which resembles natural ressources. DON'T cling to your home, if the enemy is too strong. Better surrender or flee than being massacred or starved out. An enemy with superior weaponry or enough men WILL capture your fortress.

Even though I could not understand how (braindead) zombies will be able to besiege a modern bunker - doors made of 10cm steel are completely unbreakable for human powers, even for millions of them. Let them trample over your concrete roof, eventually they will run out of energy.

Another thing I never understood about zombiecalypse: how and in which way are zombies powered? By eating brains? Well, deplete them from their source of energy and even the slowest, most energyconserving zombie will be unable to move within short time..

Zombies, I pity them

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You know I'm a HUGE walking dead fan..but I wonder how long could a person survive? Wouldn't the earth go into full nuclear meltdown because no one is running the nuke facilities? How long can they stay unattended?

I don't think we will ever see a zombie survival situation..at least I hope not. I would opt out probably.

Didn't they do DNA to confirm that the donner party didn't eat each other..There was a special tv program on about it maybe a year ago or so.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Cannibalism in a post-apocalyptic world is far scarier than zombies, though zombies are more interesting, hence the outbreak (pun intended) of zombies in pop culture.

edit on 31-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Don't pity the mindless zombies...They can leave OWS anytime the want and get a Big Mac...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

Okay, you lost me at that one. Is it frowned upon eating a Big Mac under OWS-people?
edit on 31-10-2011 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I have the candy, a bowl, and a rifle if it comes to that.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Look up the symptoms of rabies.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I think the only real way to be prepared for zombies, is with explosives. Those are kind of hard to come by and dangerous to have around. Any mass ordinance is dangerous/hardtoget/illegal so if zombies were real, then we would all be in trouble because I feel certain in saying that not many ATSers have enough ordinance nearby.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Halloween reminds us of Zombies, how are you preparing to deal with a REAL zombie apocalypse?

As easily as I find the possibility of life... even intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe, it becomes increasingly difficult to accept that much of it exists here, on this little blue rock.

Zombie apocalypse. That was hilarious for a while. I mean, just how juvenile has our culture become? Have we ceased growing intellectually and slipped into some form of retrograde that attains new levels of stupid with the regularity of the hour?

And no, I don't like tossing out insults to complete strangers. But holy mother of cerebral menopause! Zombie apocalypse being taken seriously by anyone with more than two parts human DNA?

Yeah, it's Halloween and been a long day too, so... maybe I am a zombie.

Boo.

edit on 31-10-2011 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Isn't that funny. I didn't see this and just started a similar thread.

Great minds think alike.

Well for preps I have a big BOB the usual typical stuff and an electric scooter outside off my balcony.
In case I need to head to the docks.

Depending on the severity of the outbreak, will depend on what I do. If it looks bad, then I will head to the armory and try to secure it. If there are only zombies in there or if it is empty. If there are zombies in there hopefully they will not be hungry yet. So you should be able to just lead them out by the elbow like retards.
Once they are hungry, different story. Chances are the place will be empty or almost empty. It is only used for recruiting now and weapons storage and as part of the local government survival plan.

Then I will go and secure a Brinks truck. You can sleep well in a Brink's truck during a zombie apocalypse. Having your BOB in the truck means you are gonna sleep like a baby.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

As easily as I find the possibility of life... even intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe, it becomes increasingly difficult to accept that much of it exists here, on this little blue rock.

Zombie apocalypse. That was hilarious for a while. I mean, just how juvenile has our culture become? Have we ceased growing intellectually and slipped into some form of retrograde that attains new levels of stupid with the regularity of the hour?

And no, I don't like tossing out insults to complete strangers. But holy mother of cerebral menopause! Zombie apocalypse being taken seriously by anyone with more than two parts human DNA?

Yeah, it's Halloween and been a long day too, so... maybe I am a zombie.

Boo.

edit on 31-10-2011 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

I guess you just don't know do you.

Consciousness is a signal to the brain.

Haven't you seen plan 9 from outer spacE!

In 2012, the computer that is sending that signal inside the moon, as shown in that painting from 1600 will shut down for maintenance. According to the Aztec Calendar.

edit on 31-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
We already are in a Zombie Apocalypse! ... of undead, brainless people!

It's horrifying!

IRM

Nahhh, wait till the SHTF and all of the psychiatric meds are cold turkeyed.

BTW people.. a lot more appropriate instances in this context concerning cannibalism during collapse or famine. Some quite recent. One of the most horrible I read about was the Russian and Lithuanian Famine of 1571 or maybe the 1995-1997 North Korean famine stories. Pick up a book... or ya know, google is yer freend.

edit on 31-10-2011 by Advantage because: used wrong word.. no idea where it came from. LOL!

new topics

top topics

join