It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE/WCW predicting the future?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
An idea just came to me tonight as I "tried" to sleep. Think about the NWO of WCW, they would represent the NWO of todays world of course. But remember back when Degeneration X went to war with them?

Degeneration X = d - generation - x = The generation possibly at the end of a millenia to destroy the NWO?

Could it be that the WWE (WWF) and WCW knew this was to come and were sending a silent but important message?
edit on 31-10-2011 by Zarxx because: correction

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Much more likely just some more predictive programming sprinkled in for the masses.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

The only message we are getting is a Brainwash nothing else.....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPUP2000
reply to post by Zarxx

The only message we are getting is a Brainwash nothing else.....

Think about the two groups for a minute. NWO was cut-throat, lethal, in-charge. Where as Degeneration X liked to break the rules, cause chaos, and fight the man which was Vince Mcmahon at the time.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
so jumping the shark and pandering to something that is popular in mainstream culture (yes even back then it was) is predicting the future???!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

BRAINWASIHING = small acts so you can think...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
or shoul I write IHNFIWYTA?

link   
reply to post by Zarxx

ZOMG, so they mimicked the conspiracies of the time? why would they do that? Not to have ratings???!!

link   

Originally posted by Pastafarian
so jumping the shark and pandering to something that is popular in mainstream culture (yes even back then it was) is predicting the future???!!!!

Point well noted, however these two groups went to war with one another. All I am saying is that maybe they were portraying a future event to the masses.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pastafarian
reply to post by Zarxx

ZOMG, so they mimicked the conspiracies of the time? why would they do that? Not to have ratings???!!

Maybe they knew something we didnt, or thought we knew?
edit on 31-10-2011 by Zarxx because: changed

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Dude.... it's wrestling.... even the action itself is fictional......

Do you really think they would use this theatre, which has a decidedly limited (in numbers and in IQ) following, to condition the masses.....

Much better ways of doing it IMO.

PA

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

or maybe they were using popular paranoia to make a dollar. Not unlike certain websites.......

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
yes. and 2012 and deep impact are not so much entertainment for the masses as they are warnings about what is going to happen so we can prepare.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

well they obviously were! Because the focus in those films was about survival of humanity and not some some sci-fi cowboy mission.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Yeah, Chyna really helped put the NWO in their place

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Nah man... Vince/WWE HATED WCW... there is NO way he would have conspired with WCW in any way.. during this 'ratings war' which was wcw/nwo vs wwe it was ruthless... they each did whatever they could (especially wcw) to ruin each other. I kind of get what you are trying to say, but if that was to be true they would have had to be in alliance, which they were not.. my view.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Its a good thought. But i don't think the wwe is on the side of the people. The yare making money out of the conspiracy market at the mo with some of their story lines. and they make out the the conspiracy theorist( R Truth) is crazy and has an imaginary friend named little jimmy.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Nah man... Vince/WWE HATED WCW... there is NO way he would have conspired with WCW in any way.. during this 'ratings war' which was wcw/nwo vs wwe it was ruthless... they each did whatever they could (especially wcw) to ruin each other. I kind of get what you are trying to say, but if that was to be true they would have had to be in alliance, which they were not.. my view.

the NWO was in the WWE and vince owns both company's now plus ECW doesnt he?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
Dude.... it's wrestling.... even the action itself is fictional......

Do you really think they would use this theatre, which has a decidedly limited (in numbers and in IQ) following, to condition the masses.....

Much better ways of doing it IMO.

PA

You do realize EVERY damn tv show and movie you watch i theater, right? (by the way, learn to spell before you judge others IQ)... By your "logic" anybody who watches "THEATER" aka-- ALL movies, and tv shows, is low on IQ... stop judge pro wrestling fans as being idiots, when the highest rated show on TV is American Idol and Jersey Shore.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

Originally posted by ReadyPower

the NWO was in the WWE and vince owns both company's now plus ECW doesnt he?

He owns them both at this moment, yes. But back during the "Monday Night Wars' Ted Turner owned WCW- Paul Heyman owned ECW, and WWF/WWE was owned by Vince.

WCW/ECW eventually went bankrupt because they did not know how to handle money, so Vince bought them out cheap.

Oh, and the nWo was BORN when Ted Turner owned WCW... the nWo was what caused the "Monday Night Wars"... the nWo in WWE was a watered down nothing version of its original self.
edit on 31-10-2011 by ReadyPower because: added text

<<   2  3 >>

join