It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Tea Partyer/Still a Right Leaning Libertarian: Voting Obama in 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Former Tea Partyer/Still a Right Leaning Libertarian: Voting Obama in 2012
After suffering at the hands of Democrats for six years, I have decided to vote for Barack Hussein Obama in 2012. Even though I despise everything the man stands for, I am voting him into office in the next election. Obama may have done long-term damage to our nation, but the hatred he brings out in others is good for the country. As a right-leaning libertarian voter, I have never had my passions driven to the brink. I voted for Clinton, Bush, Bush, and McCain. Now, I am voting for Barack Hussein Obama. Out of all the candidates running in 2012, I would rather stick with the devil I know. Once Obama destroys what is left of our nation, the structure of our society will be ready for a new era. My thoughts have moved beyond 2012 and 2016. In order to win the future back, sometimes you have to destroy everything you love. After Obama's two terms of societal hell, I see something very different and new on the horizon. Even though many people are fearing the future, I see something unimaginable waiting for us.

Be ready my fellow Americans, for the new Renascence will arrive soon.

edit on 10/30/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter gave us Ronald Reagan. Unfortunately, as much as Obama is like Carter, there is no Ronald Reagan on the horizon as of yet.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Jimmy Carter gave us Ronald Reagan. Unfortunately, as much as Obama is like Carter, there is no Ronald Reagan on the horizon as of yet.

You might be right.

However, you have to go through hell, so that one will be forged from heaven's fires.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Thank goodness for that. It's still gonna be years before the world forgives the US for his foreign policies.

Addressing the OP, I see your point, but what if we never come out of the damage done in a second term?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Carseller4

Thank goodness for that. It's still gonna be years before the world forgives the US for his foreign policies.

Addressing the OP, I see your point, but what if we never come out of the damage done in a second term?

One of my real-life expertise is reading and predicting human behavior.

Sometimes you have to make people feel pain, so they can distinguish between heaven and hell.

Its going to happen.

Patience.

When the right conditions are in place, such as they are now, sometimes it is not good to cross the finish line first.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

I read the title, was going to come out, guns blazing.
Then I read your OP.
Hmmmmm (pauses)
Nope. Still can't do it.

Remember, we have the oppourtunity to put some good people in the House and Senate as well. As for a lack-luser POTUS?

I'd vote for Kim Kardashians butt implants over Obama. There'd be more transparency, more coherent approaches to domestic issues and foreign policy than our current president.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Well he's going to win by a landslide anyways.. why not donate your vote to a 3rd party? That's what I'll personally be doing, because I agree with you the Republican candidates are all abysmal. I haven't seen a worse collection of politicians ... ever.. But voting for a Democrat after the Obama Care fiasco .. noo .. not gunna happen. 3rd party get my vote yet again!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Be ready my fellow Americans, for the new Renascence will arrive soon

Right wingers calling for Renaissance? That is fricking hillarious, you obviously don't know what a renaissance is if you think it has something to do with right-wing politics.

And what is so terrible about Obama? Corporate America is rolling in cash, which is what republicans want, you guys should be overjoyed.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

reply to post by beezzer

We have a tough road ahead of us, and things do seem rather bleak. Regardless about which Republican candidate wins the primaries, we know Obama is going to win the 2012 election. Yeah, I will vote Republicans into the local government, but I am buying my time until the 2020 election. After Obama finally leaves office for good, another Democrat will win the 2016 election. He/she will be a one term president.

You both make some good points, and I thank you for being insightful.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Right wingers calling for Renaissance? That is fricking hilarious, you obviously don't know what a renaissance is if you think it has something to do with right-wing politics.

And what is so terrible about Obama? Corporate America is rolling in cash, which is what republicans want, you guys should be overjoyed.

I am not calling for a Renaissance.

I am here to tell you it will naturally happen, and it will all be due to Democrat policies. Democrats are bringing us back to a time before Reagan. If you do a little research into history, we were living in a Democrat controlled society.

Another Renaissance is going to happen if Democrats like it or not.

Democrats have already planted the seeds, so that a Libertarian will rise to the surface.

History has a way of repeating itself.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Be ready my fellow Americans, for the new Renascence will arrive soon

Right wingers calling for Renaissance? That is fricking hillarious, you obviously don't know what a renaissance is if you think it has something to do with right-wing politics.

(sadly shakes head) I mean no offense here, and please take it in the context it's meant. However, after having started a thread myself on trying to get the right and left to work together on even the simplest goals...and watching others try the same, only to meet total failure..I could almost cry here. This knee jerk response and what I am sure are genuine feelings behind it are precisely what is dooming our nation and has all but sealed our fate.

If we don't work together, we'll fall together...and I'm sure continue to blame each other all the way to the big splat at the bottom. It doesn't have to be this way.....but it will happen nonetheless. Those of us who are crying..no, SCREAMING for some sense to stop this before it's too late, can only sit and sigh in resignation as it just keeps accelerating.

Oh...and 4 more years of Obama will absolutely end our nation. Period. It isn't even his being liberal to the extreme...it's him as a man and a total catastrophe as a leader. We just won't survive another term of this as a nation.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Typo...and final thought.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan had something to say about this listen.

As someone who loves his country and i am tired of it being run into the ground i can not and will not cast a vote for more destruction.

Sorry.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
As someone who loves his country and i am tired of it being run into the ground i can not and will not cast a vote for more destruction.

I understand that sir, and I also respect that mentality.

Perhaps not voting in 2012 will be my best solution, so I can quietly say that I didn't pull the trigger.

Sometimes standing still can have the same affect.

Star for your post.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ .

The choice and the power to make it is yours alone.

peace

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You both make some good points, and I thank you for being insightful.

I wish I could make good points and be insightful, but you'll have to take what comes.

Once Obama destroys what is left of our nation
If by that, you mean replacing the entire political and economic system with something entirely different from anything America has ever had, then I wonder how you differ, if at all, from OWS?

I have no doubt that Obama can destroy the country in four more years, with Supreme Court picks, regulatory expansion, executive orders, and emergency powers. Do we want that? As was noted elsewhere, it is doubtful that the damage could ever be repaired. I'm not a big fan of destruction.

You describe yourself as a right wing libertarian. Would you please tell me how "right wing" is congruent with the destruction of the country? And how will liberty be advanced with four more years of Obama? You're hoping, perhaps that the changed system will have more liberty? Hope and Change? Why would you believe that?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Just means "revival" mate.. the classical term is "revival" of arts and literature. But there can be a "renaissance" of anything. Such as the 1980's was considered a renaissance of Conservatism. The Tea Party was a renaissance of classical conservatism (or Libertarianism) which ever you want to call it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You have given me something to think about.

We still have more time until the election.

*think.... think... think...*

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm... uncertain if you're just confused, or are intentionally being ironic.

"Democratic policies will take us to a time before Reagan, and there will be a Renaissance"

Well... Yeah. I mean, ideally, I have doubts about our current cops of Democrats, but... Yeah, going back to a point before Reagan would have about that effect... a resurgent middle class, rising standards of living, little to no foreign entanglements, bipartisan support for endeavors known to be a benefit to the country as a whole such as health care, schooling, and housing...

So yeah, let's go back to times before Reagan smashed the economy, instituted the era of punishing hte poor for not being wealthy, and executive control over warmaking.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Ronald Reagan, the man who preached about about small government like no other
and did the exact opposite

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Just like the current Potus funny how that works ain't it?

Meh

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join