It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Those Who Doubt 2012 Will Be Change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
While nobody can guarantee something will happen, I find the pre-assumptive disbelief to be a little ridiculous.

I hear it every day. . "All the doomsday predictions before never happened, why should I believe this one?"

Well, we have fabricated all of our modern "doomsday" predictions out of pure fear. In 2000 we worried about computers crashing, that fear was manifested by us. Almost every other prediction was created by some religious nut job who typically use it for financial gain. Others are rumors that blow incredibly out of proportion based on minimal facts.

So why is 12-21-2012 any different?

The Mayans knew SO much about our cosmos, some will debate that they even knew more then we do now days even with all of our technology!!! To blatantly disregard a whole civilizations phenomenally advanced knowledge and understanding of the universe is sheer ignorance. They claim its a shift in ages, not the "end of the world."

Science even backs up the fact that we are drifting to the "dark rift" (mid point of our Galaxy disk) What will happen when we drift to the other side? Is it possible that we may encounter a subatomic and magnetic polarity flip?

Other science additionally proves that we are drifting into ribbons of plasma in the universe. Plasma ribbons can essentially act as bridges for solar radiation, creating a steady bombarding of flares powerful enough to wipe out earths power grids.

But 2012 goes beyond just the Mayans, if only one civilization came up with a random date, even that is worth looking into. What happens when multiple civilizations come up with the same date before any of them even knew of each others existence? the plot thickens.. its credibility grows.. its no longer just one lone man or a manifestation of fear. It becomes something more concrete once you realize the vastness of the multiple civilizations knowledge.

The I-ching, "The book of changes" .. the oldest known book to mankind! When the I-ching is placed on a graph it reflects our history, this graph ends on 12-21-2012...

Other prophets in history such as Nostradamus have also made similar predictions (as vague as they may be)
We are shifting to the age of Aquarius. I'm not saying in any way shape of form that humanity will end.. All I am saying is that its pure ignorance to look at this date as "just another prediction" ... The coincidences are the evidence... Change is possible and would be welcomed. Time will tell..

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Mayans never got out of basic metallurgy right?

I would also like to say, has anyone seen Phage? Perhaps he found a theory even he couldn't debunk and went underground for the big bang?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What it comes down to is: No one knows what will happen.

But that can be said about any day. Who knows, what if some rogue comet comes out of no where and destroys the Earth tomorrow? What if someone starts a nuclear war next month? No one knows the future.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The mayans build huge pyramids with multi-hundred tonne rocks.. how did they move them?
Not by hand.
So did the inca
So did the egyptians
So did the olmec and aztek.

Coincidence? I watch too much ancient aliens..
"As ancient astronaught theorists believe..."
edit on 30/10/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I totally agree with you aye.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Mayans never got out of basic metallurgy right?

I would also like to say, has anyone seen Phage? Perhaps he found a theory even he couldn't debunk and went underground for the big bang?

I do believe your correct. Perhaps they never found the need for it? Perhaps all of their efforts where to the stars for a reason?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

But that can be said about any day. Who knows, what if some rogue comet comes out of no where and destroys the Earth tomorrow? What if someone starts a nuclear war next month? No one knows the future.

The unknowable is a constant element of our fragile existence. But why all of the efforts pointing to the same period of time?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If that's the case, and they predicted it would come now, they were a bit overconfident in themselves don't you think? These are the same people that could not conquer the Apache tribes btw.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You know it's very possible that the Mayans simply got tired of making the calendar and said , screw it , 2012 , that's far enough for now ...

And where does it say the world is gonna end in their predictions ? Ending the calendar and the world
are two different things.

Anyway , thanks for posting,I personally hope 2012 will end this world as we know it.
This earth needs to be recycled so humans can start anew.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

The unknowable is a constant element of our fragile existence. But why all of the efforts pointing to the same period of time?

I can't honestly begin to answer that question.

I can honestly say that I do feel like something big is coming our way. The state with in which the world is currently in won't last much longer, I think anyone could agree that we're in for some enormous changes in the not so distant future. It is eerie that they seem to be aligning with these 2012 prophecies.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't doubt that something will happen come 21/12/2012..

There's been too much hype & build-up for it merely to be another failed prediction or marketing ploy.

It's just that people's opinions on what is gonna happen varies quite a bit, & that is part the cause for a lot of scepticism & dismissal.

I wonder what'll happen come crunch time, if these "changes" benefit mankind..As I truly don't think the world will end..But it will get interesting to say the least.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Yes I understand that. If you focus more on one element, you will inevitably slack off on another element, in their case it was defense traded for knowledge.

@ evilaton I specifically said, they DIDNT say it was the end of the world =)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies in Crystal River, Fla. To render Dec. 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

source

I think it's also worth noticing that the Mayans in no way said anything bad would happen, it's just the end of a time period. How do we know how many times the Mayans reset their calendar before we got here? Maybe it has something to do with keeping it accurate?
edit on 30-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Most people believe at some point there is going to be a reckoning on this planet. This little blue ball has burped in the past, and without a doubt it will burp again. We just don't know when it will happen. Whether it be the Mayans the book of Revelations, They all hit the same nerve. This planet will burp. I think the gas is building now, but I believe one of the safest days in 2012 will be Dec. 21st.
When I see dates set by anyone, even the Mayans I look forward to a day when I will be able to relax, sit down and drink a nice potent cup of Sumatra bold, and pull out a good movie or two. I never fret over a set date, ...those are the days I relax on because that is Not when it will happen.
Do I believe in a change in 2012? O yea, but even a little sooner..I hope I am wrong, but suspect I am not.
I expect to see major changes begin near the end of this year, and throughout 2012 some very naughty things are going to happen. But I will rest easy on December 21st 2012 because x never ever marks the spot and date setting never works..and even if it a date setting does work..... will it really matter when the ground opens up?.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

aaahhh ....sorry ..slight ADD on my part ...i tend to unintentionally 'skip' verses or sentences here and there.
right on , thanks for correcting me.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

If that's the case, and they predicted it would come now, they were a bit overconfident in themselves don't you think? These are the same people that could not conquer the Apache tribes btw.

Why does them not being able to conquer somebody else by way of violence discredit what they knew astronomically? If anything, it makes me trust them more.. evidence shows that they were so concerned with cycles, calendars, and the stars that their obsession may have contributed to the dissipation of their society.. why should I care if they didn't invent the wheel or inflict violence on another people?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
So because fearmongerers have been wrong EVERY single time we are rediculous if you disbelieve yet another attempt at fearmongering without any actual evidence.

The I-ching does not end on 12-21-2012. Show me conclusive proof. That is an interpretation not founded in any sort of fact. Show me the proof it ends on the 12-21-2012.

I do not agree the Mayans were phenomenally advanced, that is your opinion, show me conclusive proof, I bet you cant.

As far as the dark rift, you are absolutely right, and it is terrifying! Oh wait, no it isnt. We will "drift to the dark rift" on roughly this same date for the next 60 years or so, and it has been happening since the 1970's. So if you do not know what will happen that is because you are an uninformed fearmongerer who Denies Truth. This alignment has been going on for about 40 years and will continue for another 60.

We are drifting into ribbons of plasma, confirmed by "other science". Source please so I can understand what you are talking about?

It's easy to make these claims, you offer no evidence. No other civilizations mention this date, there is no terrible alignment occuring on this date with the dark rift (oohhh scary), only the fear you spread.

Deny Ignorance, and Namaste.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
I don't doubt that something will happen come 21/12/2012..

There's been too much hype & build-up for it merely to be another failed prediction or marketing ploy.

It's just that people's opinions on what is gonna happen varies quite a bit, & that is part the cause for a lot of scepticism & dismissal.

I wonder what'll happen come crunch time, if these "changes" benefit mankind..As I truly don't think the world will end..But it will get interesting to say the least.

I find myself 100% in agreement something will happen. I will wake up, have my coffee. Probably play a game, watch some TV. I might have to work that day, that would be doomsday for sure. Then I will go to bed. Is that day a Sunday? Maybe the Mayans knew the Patriots would lose a football game, that would sure be miserable to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Why does them not being able to conquer somebody else by way of violence discredit what they knew astronomically? If anything, it makes me trust them more.. evidence shows that they were so concerned with cycles, calendars, and the stars that their obsession may have contributed to the dissipation of their society.. why should I care if they didn't invent the wheel or inflict violence on another people?

They did inflict violence, they just were not strong enough to inflict enough. They tried, and failed. The Mayans did not think anything would happen on this date, this is a modern invention. I hope you guys wake up from your delusions when this turns out to be nothing.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Predictions or not. There are so many individuals and groups putting so much time and energy into 2012 something is bound to happen. Either way, I could care less. I am just saying that if you get enough people focusing on one thing, that thing will change sooner or later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join