It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mass grave of 2,000 ethnic Germans in Polish town

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It doesn't matter. They can not only tell you the race, they can tell you who exactly the skull belonged to. Ever heard of Ned Kelly? Ever heard of facial recognition software? The measurements of skulls can tell you everything you want to know about someone.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

It doesn't matter. They can not only tell you the race, they can tell you who exactly the skull belonged to. Ever heard of Ned Kelly? Ever heard of facial recognition software? The measurements of skulls can tell you everything you want to know about someone.

No it can't.

I'll give you a cave-man's skull.

Now tell me his favorite color.

It's impossible.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It can tell you enough to identify what nationality it is. You made a stupid statement that was false, admit it, and move on.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Fact of the matter is, large numbers of Polish, Russian, and German Jews didnt have typical "hassidic" features. Those that didn't were sometimes lucky enough to fly below the radar and remain anonymous.

Sure, it may be possible to determine whether or not a particular body may have been a Jew, but for an enitire mass grave of 2000 people... i find that hard to believe.

Anyone that says "we have excavated mass graves across europe and found no Jews" isnt digging in the right places...

Jews were brought from across Europe. French Jews, Polish Jews, Russian Jews, Baltic Jews, Austrian Jews, Jews of all shapes and sizes. I dont think there is a man alive capable of determining the religious beliefs of decaying bodys of all nationalities. And to say that they are implies some ulterior motive
edit on 30-10-2011 by ClydeFrog42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

It can tell you enough to identify what nationality it is. You made a stupid statement that was false, admit it, and move on.

I didn't.

You are claiming you can tell if someone was Christian or Atheist by simply measuring their skull.

I am disputing that claim.

link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

It wasn't about religion, it was about the physical features that a person had. Physical features that followed them to the grave.

link   
European DNA can be distinguish from jewish DNA.
That's what forensics is for.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I did not. I said that you can tell a Jew from a German. The holocaust wasn't about religion, it was about nationality. The Jewish people were forbidden from practicing their religion long before they were killed. It didn't matter what they did, the fact that they physically looked a certain way was why they were targeted.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Forgive me for interrupting, but if it wasn't about religion, but nationality, why were Catholics and homosexuals killed?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

They were dubbed abnormal. Anyone not a perfect German was killed. I guess the grave was 2,000 German homosexual Catholics now?

The point still stands, you can tell a Jewish person from a German, by nothing more than the skull. To say otherwise is wrong.

I also feel compelled to tell you, that if your nationality is German but you practice Judaism, you're a German Jew, which just so happens to be my ancestry.

edit on 30-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

It was exactly about religion... appearance had nothing to do with it. Germans knew exactly how many Jews were in their country, and where to find them. They had multiple cenus'. France handed over all their information on Jews. other countries under occupation cooperated fully to flush out the Jewish populations. The fact that some Jews had more typical hassidic features then other Jews is testament to the fact that you cant determine the religion of a corpse by studying the skull.

I call BS.

Whether or not they are Jewish shouldn't even matter, unless you so happen to happen to hold certain latent prejudices, in which case this is destined to break down into a Jew bashing thread. Which is unfortunate

Edit: It want only about religion. In total war, many people die. But the Holocaust, mass industrial killing of select groups, was aimed primarily at Jews, as well as Gypsies, homosexuals, the handicapped, and communists. But there was no group persecuted more then the Jews, which is why its such a significant case. For Hitler, Jews were the reason for Germanys defeat in WWI, and so the Jewish question was a top concern when the war machine started rolling. As soon as Germany had control of Poland in '41, it also had control of the largest population of Jews in Europe, which was absolutely destroyed.
edit on 30-10-2011 by ClydeFrog42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The point still stands, you can tell a Jewish person from a German, by nothing more than the skull.

No you cannot, jew is a religion, what about a German born jew?

To say otherwise is wrong.

no, you are the one wrong here again.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor
No you cannot, jew is a religion

explain this :
google jewish DNA project , jewish DNA studies

edit on 31/10/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The obscenity that was Hitler murdered many Germans.

These people would be Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, and anyone else he did not want around.

Germany takes the blame for Hitler, but I wonder how Austria, his birthplace, feels.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

This is the kind of thing the Holohoaxers falsely claim...ie, that "rain continues to expose jewish skulls from jewish mass graves" (eg, at Treblinka and Auschwitz). But the reality is that virtually zero mass graves of any Jews can be found - conclusively demonstrated, for example, at Treblinka (where the Holohoaxers claim some 750,000-850,000 Jews were murdered and buried in mass graves) when a team of Australian scientists conducted a detailed forensic examination of the area with ground penetrating radar and found absolutely no evidence of any mass graves.

Perhaps I'm missing out on something here...what exactly is a holohoaxer?!
By the sound of this text, the information included is nothing more than neo-nazi propaganda.
I'm german myself and I know for a fact that there have been jewish mass graves found, not only once.

I find rumors like such very disrespectful towards the victims of all nations who left their life during the struggle of liberating europe from the Nazis. Millions of jewish people, and hundred thousands of people who died due to the monstrocity of the nazis, can prove that the holocaust ACTUALLY happened.

Any source denying this CAN NOT be considered credible.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
Perhaps I'm missing out on something here...what exactly is a holohoaxer?!

"holohoax Word used by white supremacists to explain their belief that the Holocaust never happened, that Hitler and the Nazis "weren't that bad," and was all a ploy by the West to give Jews their own land or money, or something...I'm honestly not sure, their reasoning is just too stupid.

www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

ok, that's about what I was thinking.
Well, in this case I would say....due to obvious disillusional reasons...I'm out of this conversation..

I have family members who died in this war....their probably starting to shake in their graves

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
reply to post by evilaton

Well thats a great argument and all. What you have just taken up is a Nationalist Apologist stance, that doesnt hold much water.

Yes, there were 14 million civilian casualties in the Bloodlands alone (between communism and Naziism). 28 million total. as many as 50 million dead over all. It is very obvious that everyone suffered during the war.

Where the difference lies is in the Holocaust, in the difference between a concentration camp and an extermination camp. Millions of poles were killed, millions of Soviets were killed, by the Nazis, by each other, By hungarians, by Romanians, by Lithuanians. It was a war of people killing people.

But, in the end, when Slavs and Poles were sent to concentration camps, Jews were shipped from Ghettos to Extermination Camps. There was no hope for a Jew. There was no future as a Slave in Hitlers prospective Eastern European Nazi empire. They were the enemy from within.

The difference between living under oppression and dyeing without dignity should not be taken for granted. The only choice Jews were given in the end was suicide, which many took.

So, when you say "We suffered too, so why are the Jews so "privlaged"", your forgetting what actually happened. The Jews find place in our history because it is one of the most significant events of our time and has unique moral importance.

Jews died not for what they had done, but for who they were. Can the same be said for the Poles?

Granted, we should never forget the plight of any people, and maybe the holocaust does eclipse other important issues about the Second World War, but the "mines bigger" argument forgets the more important moral argument in meaningless details

disgusting elevation of the death of a child, because he/she was Jewish, over the death of a child who was Christian/atheist/Polish/German (whatever).

Trying to elevate victim over the possible name ofa "camp" is also despicable and I doubt when the Jewish child was breathing his last breath he/she felt any more the victim than a non Jewish child breathing his last.

NO ELEVATION OF VICTIMHOOD FOR ME!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
The obscenity that was Hitler murdered many Germans.

These people would be Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, and anyone else he did not want around.

Germany takes the blame for Hitler, but I wonder how Austria, his birthplace, feels.

how do British people feel over incinerating civilians in Dresden, how do Russians feel about their former leader killing millions in the 30s etc etc- probably most feel very little, I know in Britain most seem to care about X Factor, not some collective responsibility for actions decades ago

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
reply to post by spoor

ok, that's about what I was thinking.
Well, in this case I would say....due to obvious disillusional reasons...I'm out of this conversation..

I have family members who died in this war....their probably starting to shake in their graves
[/quot

No one is denying the war happened and that people died. I had relatives that died in the war. But just because people died does not mean you dont have a right to question the events..That in my mind is a healthy thing to do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join