It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesbians named Homecoming King and Queen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Hi, half,

My friend from many posts, or maybe you think you are my foe.

Let's get real - a gay couple would be a king and a queen - and I am thinking of my great friend Carlos from Mykonos here - he would have made the most brilliant queen the world has ever seen! RIP, my Carlos.

And I am thinking of my friend John, from King's Cross, Sydney, Oz, as the most handsome king. RIP, my John.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Okay guy.
Thanks for finding me a definition. I meant that it's nothing new. Stuff like this happens.
Doesn't change the fact that it isn't really relevant to ATS. There is BTS you know?

If the type of post I made is of such a lowly order, what does that make a post like yours replying like a jerk because you felt personally offended that someone would question the necessity of a news story you copied the link to and pasted here?

Below Top Secret exists for a reason. Use it?
edit on 31-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Hi catwhoknows, no I do not think you are my foe at all!

I was just giving my view on the topic, while realizing that everyone comes from a different position.
I just have a problem with a long history of stereotyping gays as either the husband or the wife; or the butch and the fem, or other "types" imposed on gay people by the hetero-normative gaze.

There is something titillating and almost mocking about this.
After all, male/female or king/queen roles also point to bedroom activities (perhaps even more so for lesbians, because they seem less socially threatening than gay men).
Although a lot of times people guess wrong.

I mean I can be a queen, but at any semi-official function I'd like to be seen as a man with my male partner.

But maybe the wording of their competition stated that they must choose a king and queen?

edit on 31-10-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Thanks for that, half,

But I have to say, these kids are experimenting.

They don't know who they are yet.

One or both of these 'lesbians' will be married to a man, given a few years, or maybe not.

What I am saying here is that no-body should be sterotyped.

Growing up is all about discovery.

So everyone should let people discover their own truth, and above all, people, please do not interfere in someone else's life.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I certainly agree with that!

I can only say that imagining the situation for me seems awkward.
Imagine I was at a function with my partner and we're both wearing tuxedos, and next they announce that we are the King and Queen!
I'd probably have to be the queen, and have the tiara put on my head, with my beard and all!
Oh the shame...

It might have worked on this occasion, but I wouldn't advise it as a general approach to same-sex couples.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I was not personally offended, my friend, but sincerelly irritated by such posts as yours. The "this isn't news" responses - even when not directed at me - are very non-productive and irritating.
I have the right to be irritated by your post, and I was. The post was placed in 'alternative news,' and news doesn't get much more 'alternative' than this.
We can just agree to disagree. Carry on...

PS - If, in fact, I posted this story to the wrong thread, I apologize for the error. Please advise as to where such posts should be placed, and I'll "do better" in the future. Thanks!
edit on 31-10-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Cool, I think it rocks. Why not. Should the king/queen be a couple. Not ust the two most popular people, but maybe the most popular couple. Hey, if they are popular, and voted in by the majority, then to me it matters not. I just hope that their peers know that now they have opened pandoras box, and there may be soon two guys voted in as king/queen. I'm sure there wont be as many supporters then. I'll still say hey, its cool. I don't thinks its as cool, but still cool.
Congrats lipstick lesbians!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This just shows how dumbed down and pathetic our society has become. Someone can simply call an apple an orange and it is then accepted as such. How anyone could make such a notion or support said notion with a straight face is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
This just shows how dumbed down and pathetic our society has become. Someone can simply call an apple an orange and it is then accepted as such. How anyone could make such a notion or support said notion with a straight face is beyond me.

And how someone can be so blatantly knee-deep in quick assumptions like your redneck euridite the south will win again BS, is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Like I have said before...everything that is not
good for school students starts out in california.
Flame away,I don't feel well enough to say anything
else.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satanictoapoint

And how someone can be so blatantly knee-deep in quick assumptions like your redneck euridite the south will win again BS, is beyond me.

Oh the irony....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
From a masculine gay point of view I wonder if by the same process a male-male couple will ever be crowned the "Homecoming Queens", or perhaps also "King and Queen"?

I think non transgender same-sex couples should both keep their mark of gender.
Two women should be queens, and two men should be kings.
So, while I applaud and wish them the best, the notion of variety in gender should be expanded, rather than forced into a hetero-normative paradigm.
edit on 31-10-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

If that where to ever happen I can imagine the all girls club would freak out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join