It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad predicts disaster if West meddles in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

First of all, I found this very interesting, because of the fact that Obama is bringing our troops home from Iraq. I agree that we have no business sticking our nose where it doesn't belong over there, and think we should bring the rest of our troops home from abroad. However, I can't help but notice some of the wording that Assad has used. Most likely, he is just using a figure of speech, but with all the recent earthquakes happening in various places (yes, I do realize that earthquakes happen everywhere at any time), I am wondering if he knows something that he isn't telling (like perhaps they now have capability to cause earthquakes, and the possiblilty that they are prepared to cause earthquakes. Most likely this is just saber rattling, but with the firestorm going on in the middle east, and capabilities of HAARP, it just makes me wonder.

Western powers would cause an "earthquake" in the Middle East if they intervened in Syria, President Bashar al-Assad said in an interview published on Sunday, after protesters demanded outside protection from a crackdown that has killed 3,000 people.

Syria, as Assad noted in his interview with Britain's Sunday Telegraph, sits at the heart of the volatile Middle East, where it borders Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq and Jordan. "It is the faultline, and if you play with the ground, you will cause an earthquake," he said. "Do you want to see another Afghanistan, or tens of Afghanistans?" Assad's remarks signal determination to hang onto power against a popular uprising that repression has failed to crush.

Burhan Ghalioun, a main figure in the opposition Syrian National Council, formed in Istanbul in September, is a secular, Western-educated professor. The council also includes Islamists. "We've been fighting the Muslim Brotherhood since the 1950s and we are still fighting with them," Assad said in the Sunday Telegraph interview, adding that Western countries "are going to ratchet up the pressure, definitely." NATO military intervention in Libya played a decisive role in toppling Muammar Gaddafi, the third Arab leader to be overthrown after the revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt. Western nations, which have been tightening sanctions on Syria to include the oil sector, have shown no appetite to repeat their Libyan operation in Syria, but demonstrators are increasingly calling for a "no-fly zone" to protect them.

That last sentence pretty much sums it up, in my opinion. The West is interested in that part of the world because it has oil. It doesn't seem to me that they really care about the oppression of the people. I do believe however, that there is a great firestorm thats about to erupt in the middle east, and its going to be much more devastating than any earthquake.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am certain his prediction is true. I cannot confirm but I read either on CNN or NBC a few days ago that we have two carrier battle groups in the Med, ...in that general strike area.
never the less, a strike on Assad would be a very complicated situation. Involving, Israel with nuk es.
Lebanon with its many thousands of Rockets now able to reach anywhere in Israel, and Iran with the ability to strike any US base in the Middle East and many in Africa as well as Greece and southern Europe.
Then you have China who wants the Africa oil that it appears we are now going after, and Russia who is allied to a degree With Syria and Iran. And of course don't discount North Korea..... What a mess.
Only the best of minds could reason out who would befriend whom and why.
I believe This Assad guy makes Gaddafi look like a kindergarten teacher. He has backers...and those backers have weapons... This may be a war that cannot be won by anyone if it happens.
Assad may be a tyrant, but he is a tyrant that keeps showing up, and big weapons are involved this time.
And those against us will be willing to use them. We cannot and must not continue to police and attack the world with impunity.
Sorry I meant to add, it appeared to me he was using the term Earthquake in describing the type of war/intervention and slaughter that would happen. This man does not have inside information to when a quake will happen. But he can cause one above ground through himself and his allies with WMDs and they do have chemical weapons as well as biologicals. it would be a chemical/biological earthquake.

edit on 30-10-2011 by DavidsHope because: hit post button too soon

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Interesting choice of words: "Earthquake".

Interesting to see what happens in the coming days and weeks even though Syria will end up in the "humanitarian intervention" list...

edit on 30-10-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Couldn't of put it better, you hit the nail on the head! S!

David is a hundred percent right, there would be one hell of an 'earthquake' if any shtf over there, almost every country would be involved one way or another, maybe even WWIII.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Why was this thread moved to skunkworks? It very clearly has to do with middle east situations that are much more than "speculative" at this point!!!
edit on 30-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Another example of the U.S. putting their nose where it doesn't belong. We just keep putting our young men and women into harms way for chest beating politicians.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

I do believe however, that there is a great firestorm thats about to erupt in the middle east, and its going to be much more devastating than any earthquake

"About" to erupt? It's already erupting. It started with Tunisia, then Egypt, then Libya. Syria is having trouble, but Iran is on the hit list. Iran has been cut off one by one as each nation around it has been conquered by democracy and Iran is just about isolated with their backs to the sea. Don't you think its a little odd that there are 10 nations in the middeleast in the middle of social upheavals and civil wars? Think book of Revelation/Daniel. This stuff isn't happening for no reason, someone is pulling the strings. Kinda odd that all these countries are wanting democracy when for thousands of years they have only known dictatorships. Something stinks about all this, because these are muslim nations and they are giving way to capitalism? I don't buy that at all. Before long the entire world will be under the bootheel of democracy and be united as one under one system of government, as i like to call it "Demoncracy".The one world order? Its just about here. The only cards that are left to fall into place are China and North Korea and Cuba and they will be next on the list after Iran and Syria get overturned which is gonna happen within the next year.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
Why was this thread moved to skunkworks? It very clearly has to do with middle east situations that are much more than "speculative" at this point!!!
edit on 30-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you Veritas1: I don't consider this speculative at all. Movements of our Military indicates a migration into the Med. and also off the Coast of Lebanon and Israel. Then the talk of going into Syria by a US Senator [McCain] don't like him but he is a Senior Senator and he did say it. Our intervention into Several African nations, and Libya under our feet. Note they were very quick to point out the Chemical Weapons found in Libya yesterday. It is what they don't say.....Are we to surmise that the same weapons exist now in Syria and Iran and we need to intervene now there as well. What a mess

www.foxnews.com...

Seems to me this should not be in skunkworks at all ..It appears we are making yet another move.
This appears to me not to be a skunk but a real conspiracy in the making.
Good Post...star for you
DH

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo

David is a hundred percent right, there would be one hell of an 'earthquake' if any shtf over there, almost every country would be involved one way or another, maybe even WWIII.

Thanx guess now all eyes on the Middle East and Africa. I for one will be following this very closely in the media.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I always get a queasy feeling when Syria is in the news.

"Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins." Isaiah 17-1

Assad using the word earthquake?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope

Thanx guess now all eyes on the Middle East and Africa. I for one will be following this very closely in the media.

Originally posted by DavidsHope

GREETINGS
............Nano-David,

PROVERBS 16

"I" have to love how so many Christian sheeple like U... are always throwing the BIG WW3 watcher tower L
K out and around
like a has to be a "when the dust settles... our savior(Jesus) will return with a holy dust buster" destiny... Reason being why... "I" always wonder
if the ones that do(like U
)... are in some way Schadenfreude TYPE A PERSONALitys... BUT JOINT!... Hopefully the earth will roll
out from between Ur ancient Sumarian... 'I GOT THE WHOLE WORLD
UNDER MY THUMB' like philOsOphOny... and wake up to the real... Never an end time... Always a new beginning... bible happier side of the ULTRA-NATURAL non-Transhuminist fairy tail story

GALACTIC TONE 3 QUOTE OF TODAY

For the new heaven(s) and the new earth...
which "I" will make...
shall remain before Me...
Saith HaShem... So shall your seed and your name remain.

PSALM 104

Mr X-ULTRA/ATEN... giving U... an Enoch quantum 'earthquake' prediction;...
WW3...
will never come to religious story book fruition... so keep your "I"'s L
King for Jesus to return... some where else... other than the chem-trail clouds... maybe plu
mp pumpkin BUTT's... So BO!O! to U too... and don't eat to many HFCS treats... they rot
your teeth as well as Ur soul

new topics

top topics

join