It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
AresJedi, can you clarify? Your bible verses seem to in no way support your argument.

Originally posted by AriesJedi
My list of Bible verses;
It will occur at noon -Amos 8v9

This verse refers not to three days of darkness, but to God's judgement of Israel as a result of her rejection of the Messiah. To put it in context:

"“In that day,” declares the Sovereign LORD,

“I will make the sun go down at noon
and darken the earth in broad daylight.
10 I will turn your religious festivals into mourning
and all your singing into weeping.
I will make all of you wear sackcloth
and shave your heads.
I will make that time like mourning for an only son
and the end of it like a bitter day. "

It will last two days and we will be revived on the third day -Hosea 6v2

This verse refers to God's restoration of Israel following that same judgement... to quote:

1 “Come, let us return to the LORD.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.
2 After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.
3 Let us acknowledge the LORD;
let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear"

Kind of ironic that the verses you quoted end with "as surely as the sun rises". Context clearly shows that this passage refers to the restoration of Israel and not to a conspiracy theory.

It will be neither day nor night
There will be no light
The luminaries will dwidle
It will be light in the evening - Zechariah 14v6/7

Zecharaiah 12-14 all refer to a single topic: the "Day of the LORD", which is something quite specific, and WILL involve scenarios like times of darkness... although again, this isn't a reference to 3 days, nor is it something that can or will occur until Christ returns. And when He does - we'll know about it...

The verses you've quoted refer to a single day, not three... and state

" 6 On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold, frosty darkness. 7 It will be a unique day—a day known only to the LORD—with no distinction between day and night. When evening comes, there will be light. "

The statement "neither sunlight nor... darkness" tends to suggest something in-between and not darkness, no?

It will exterminate sinners Isaiah 13v7

I presume here you mean verse 6? Verse 6 states:

"6 Wail, for the day of the LORD is near;
it will come like destruction from the Almighty."

whereas verse 7 refers to hands going limp, not particularly supportive of your argument. Again though, this refers to the Day of the LORD, a specific event regarding Christ's judgement upon an unbelieving world following His thousand year reign upon the earth from Jerusalem... which is clearly not any time soon, given that He hasn't returned yet.

The sun will be dark when it rises and the moon will not shed its light Isaiah 13v6

This is verse 10, not verse 6... and again, refers to the Day of the LORD and not to 3 days of darkness.

"9 See, the day of the LORD is coming
—a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger—
to make the land desolate
and destroy the sinners within it.
10 The stars of heaven and their constellations
will not show their light.
The rising sun will be darkened
and the moon will not give its light.
11 I will punish the world for its evil,
the wicked for their sins.
I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty
and will humble the pride of the ruthless.
12 I will make people scarcer than pure gold,
more rare than the gold of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will make the heavens tremble;
and the earth will shake from its place
at the wrath of the LORD Almighty,
in the day of his burning anger. "

This clearly shows that the verses you've quoted refer to God's judgement upon mankind during the Day of the LORD.

When you're trying to argue something scripturally on here, please be aware of and ensure that you retain context. None of the verses you've quoted pertain to this topic, but rather to something much more serious and important. Exclusion of the context of quoted verses inevitably leads to people misunderstanding and/or misusing scripture to support things that they simply don't discuss... which does God and the Bible no favours.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I linked to your suggested site and found this paragraph very interesting relating to the 3 days of darkness..

THE PROXIMATE SIGNS

Here are the proximate signs in their probable order of occurrence. This, to be sure, is only my own opinion, and I may be wrong for I am no prophet myself; but, after studying a large number of prophecies, this order appears to me to be the most likely:

Flouting of church laws, irreverence and immodesty in church, fall in attendance at church.
Lack of charity towards others, heartlessness, indifference, divisions, contentions, godlessness, pride in human knowledge.

Breakdown of family life: immorality, adultery, perversion of youth via the media (e.g. homosexuals giving lectures in schools), immodest fashions (e.g. mini-skirts, bikinis, see-throughs), people concerned only with eating, drinking, dancing and other pleasures.

Civil commotions, contempt for authority, downfall of governments, confusion in high places, corruption, coups d'etat, civil war, revolution. (The first four proximate signs have already come to pass, at least partly; for we are yet to see civil war and revolution in the West. But the sequence of events is not strictly chronological; there is room for some overlapping. Thus, the 5th proximate sign seems to have begun also.)

Floods and droughts, crop failures, unusual weather, tornadoes, earthquakes, tidal waves, famines, epidemics, unknown diseases (e.g. new strains of viruses).

Looks as if we are all ready at the door so to speak..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
reply to post by hawkiye

I linked to your suggested site and found this paragraph very interesting relating to the 3 days of darkness..

THE PROXIMATE SIGNS

Here are the proximate signs in their probable order of occurrence. This, to be sure, is only my own opinion, and I may be wrong for I am no prophet myself; but, after studying a large number of prophecies, this order appears to me to be the most likely:

Flouting of church laws, irreverence and immodesty in church, fall in attendance at church.
Lack of charity towards others, heartlessness, indifference, divisions, contentions, godlessness, pride in human knowledge.

Breakdown of family life: immorality, adultery, perversion of youth via the media (e.g. homosexuals giving lectures in schools), immodest fashions (e.g. mini-skirts, bikinis, see-throughs), people concerned only with eating, drinking, dancing and other pleasures.

Civil commotions, contempt for authority, downfall of governments, confusion in high places, corruption, coups d'etat, civil war, revolution. (The first four proximate signs have already come to pass, at least partly; for we are yet to see civil war and revolution in the West. But the sequence of events is not strictly chronological; there is room for some overlapping. Thus, the 5th proximate sign seems to have begun also.)

Floods and droughts, crop failures, unusual weather, tornadoes, earthquakes, tidal waves, famines, epidemics, unknown diseases (e.g. new strains of viruses).

Looks as if we are all ready at the door so to speak..

Well I take all these things with a grain of salt. All the things listed have been going on for thousands of years. The Church fathers have been preaching against it for almost as long.... ( while practising it behind closed doors.) it is a means of control of you ask me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join