It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't people accept there are other religions....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Originally posted by avatar22

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Something in my soul tells me your wrong and God will accept me for who Iam.
No point trying to scare me with Hell, I really believe it doesnt exist.
Heck I may just imagine a different god than yours and with the power of the Human spirit *poof* he just became real...
All praise Bod for Bod is God

www.youtube.com...

there I have done what leaders of religion have done since time began...made up a God...now I just need disciples (only Red headed female ones please. lol)

damn
I'm not a natural red-head, but I do have a few red streaks... will that count or am I to be excluded because I am not born the right color...

Ok it could also depend on boobie size as well

I guess I'm not chosen then
(Walks softly into the night, head hanging low....)

Didnt say if they have to be big or small did I? lol
Ok sod it you are my 1st disciple welcome to the church of Bod
spread the word and adopt the theme tune into your daily life

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

WHOOO HOOOO!
And what shall be our first order of business???
I vote for making it against Bod to work on mondays...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

You can make it up as you go along as long as it hurts no one
thats it (Bod's 1st commandment is.. deliver nicole kidman to BM's house every friday night

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
and as expected, here came several religious fundamentalists to spit verses at you which also proves your claim to be true.
you want to know why they dont acknowledge other religions? their mind set doesnt allow it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by peachez
and as expected, here came several religious fundamentalists to spit verses at you which also proves your claim to be true.
you want to know why they dont acknowledge other religions? their mind set doesnt allow it.

The reason their minset don't allow it is Ego. They have to be right because the have not understod that god has no ego and do not care if they worship him in any special way. They have to be right or they think they will be judged.

In my mind I think to god how wonderful nature can be, what a marvolous thing he has created when he created our mind that have the possibility to question learned things and experiances and your own thoughts.

I was batteling god a lot because of the crap that have happened in my life and the way this planet is being run. I am a person that makes demands on god. You might feel that this is wrong but my demands are not service to self related but service to all related. God have to work from very high ideals and putting people in hell for all time won't be allowed by me, whatever they have done. Put souls where the can grow the most, help the most and do the least harm. I would be the first to rebel against him if he is sadistic. If god did not feel like me then I would have been dead today from my depresion and he would not have given me the gift of pushing chi.

What I belive god to be don't matter. What I am is what matter. I now feel love for this planet, for nature and for god. It's us humans with our "service to self stupidity" that I have a problem loving. Namaste

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Well said fella and the post before stars for you both

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by steveknows

And of those who aren't Christian?

The preaching of "my way is the right way" continues.

Christ's way IS the right way my friend. The problem is that many do not know how to discern his followers.

A true follower of Christ carries the good news of the Kingdom of Heaven, that they come in peace, that they are here to heal the sick, feed the poor, and render all their useful service unto God.

That is what Christ did and taught and what his followers were commanded to do in his absence and in his name.

So do not judge Christians, but instead learn to properly discern the followers of Christ. Do some separating of the wheat from the chaff of your own. Just remember to look at yourself first, and be sure you are living up to the standards you expect of others.

This message brought to you in Christ's name.

With Love,

Your Brother

No it's not and that is a very arrogant statement. You say love and brother while at the same time telling people that they follow a false religion. like some kind of smiling assassin.

edit on 1-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

No what isn't?

What is an arrogant statement?

A little elaboration on your points would be helpful.

I really need to explain that to you? Or are you trying to draw me into something? Actually you usually pop up when there's a debate on religion but I didn't see you post on the dreaded thread that was a malicious attack on Wicca. Another profile you've got happeneing perhaps? Hmmm. I wonder.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

He might mean that all "religions" have their own truths, but Christs teachings were fully "truth"...

If that is what he meant, i agree...

Though im sure he'll clairify for himself

edit on 1-11-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I really need to explain that to you? Or are you trying to draw me into something? Actually you usually pop up when there's a debate on religion but I didn't see you post on the dreaded thread that was a malicious attack on Wicca. Another profile you've got happeneing perhaps? Hmmm. I wonder.

Yes, I do need you to explain your point.

I did not pop into the wicca thread for one reason.

I was initiated into several covens in my youth.

I was high priest, caller of the four winds, and a rune master.

Whipty dooo

I fought in the Marine Corps for Wiccans to have the right to form circles and to practice their faith in combat zones.

I am on record in Djibouti Africa as having formed and lead as a senior SNCO, religious forums involving religious freedoms with higher echelons of the chain of command.

So what.

I have done my service assisting those of the craft.

I count them as under my umbrella of protection.

So what is YOUR point?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

my appoligies for speaking for you...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Lastly, under Christ's way, I can accept wiccans as my Brothers and Sisters for I know we are all children of God, and that he will reveal himself to you in a way that you will understand.

If that is wicca, then it is wicca.

Christ is all inclusive.

Thus it is the right way for all are created or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by IAMIAM

my appoligies for speaking for you...

No apology necessary my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Another profile you've got happeneing perhaps? Hmmm. I wonder.

I just noticed that Revelationgeneration is the author of the thread you referenced.

Do you realise that only 3 people have foed me the whole time Have been here?

The author of that thread is the last to foe me.

Do you really think I create personas to foe each other?

Take some time to review what I have been saying on this forum before you judge me my friend.

The word "Christ" has caused you to make many false assumptions about me.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
I believe that all religions are connected somewhere no matter how different they may be but i think its the slight moral differences that make people rolls their eyes at other beliefs.

They are, especially the book religions. Trace them back in history, and you will always come to Egyptian Sun worship. And to my mind, Wiccans and Pagans are a lot more moral than any Christian.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Actually you usually pop up when there's a debate on religion but I didn't see you post on the dreaded thread that was a malicious attack on Wicca.

Here you go my friend.

Link

Is there anything else I can do for you?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Actually you usually pop up when there's a debate on religion but I didn't see you post on the dreaded thread that was a malicious attack on Wicca.

Here you go my friend.

Link

Is there anything else I can do for you?

With Love,

Your Brother

Hmm yes very good. Though the timeline shows that you made the post this link refers to only after I commented that you'd been strangely absent from the other thread so what I'm thinking still stands for me. I might be wrong and I might have just missundrstood your angle but I've got a feeling I just can't shake.

Perhaps it might be that.

1 you were strangely absent.

2 you made a post on the other thread after I pointed out that you were strangely absent. (refer to the time line)

3 You copied what I said in the said posts on this thread but rather then copy the whole context which was really short anyway you've spilt it into two seperate post replies so that (a) it loses it's meaning and (b) it looks like I've made two seperate posts commenting on you negtivaly when it was originally just one short post making an observation.

Sorry. I just can't shake the feeling.

Anyway moving on.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yes, I do need you to explain your point.

I did not pop into the wicca thread for one reason.

I was initiated into several covens in my youth.

I was high priest, caller of the four winds, and a rune master.

Whipty dooo

I fought in the Marine Corps for Wiccans to have the right to form circles and to practice their faith in combat zones.

I am on record in Djibouti Africa as having formed and lead as a senior SNCO, religious forums involving religious freedoms with higher echelons of the chain of command.

So what.

I have done my service assisting those of the craft.

I count them as under my umbrella of protection.

So what is YOUR point?

With Love,

Your Brother

All my point is is that you said that Jesus is the truth and the very nature of that statement means that all other religions aren't truths. Then remembering that I see you pop up on other religious debates I noted that you hadn't posted on the wicca bashing post in a positive way or negative way or Neutral way which then had me wondering if you have another profile.

And then when you posted on the other thread as IAMIAM and then posted me a link and pointed it out to me in such a way as to say "your wrong,see" even though the time line shows it was posted after I commented just seems a bit sus.

That's ok though. If I was really interested which I'm actually not because I know that Jesus isn't "truth" I'd just go back through the other thread and look for similar structures in the wordings of the posts on there and compare them to your posts as IAMIAM on this and other threads. The way people put things, not what they say but how they say it, is almost as good as a signature.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

That's ok though. If I was really interested which I'm actually not because I know that Jesus isn't "truth" I'd just go back through the other thread and look for similar structures in the wordings of the posts on there and compare them to your posts as IAMIAM on this and other threads. The way people put things, not what they say but how they say it, is almost as good as a signature.

I can assure you my friend that there isn't another on ATS who posts in my "style".

I invite you to review the threads I started, and let me know if you find any error.

Let me know if you find anything which holds me in your contempt.

I am who I say I am my friend.

I am not some lonesome soul making internet chat as a hobby.

Look and see for yourself.

Or do not. It is your choice.

The reason my post in that other thread came in after you commented here is because I posted it for you, in your defense, at your request in this thread.

I did it because you asked.

Not to prove you wrong.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I hate to put it like this...but, its because of their religions.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join