It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't people accept there are other religions....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by IAMIAM

We are not given that option, some religions proclaim themselves as THE ONLY WAY. Thus they cannot all be correct. They are mutually exclusive in those cases. For example, it is impossible for both Christianity and islam to be true.

Maybe they are all right eh?
Maybe thats the problem with the world some Christians can't accept Muslim's and visa versa, but if we just accepted that all religion is right we wouldnt have the constant childish "my Gods real yours is not" rubbish.
Maybe your all wrong and Odin was real.
Sick of people writing like they know God personally, if God does exist we wouldn't ever understand him/her it.
You don't know God personally you know what ever religous text you read.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

We are not given that option,

Yes you were. You were born a blank slate. ever since then you have been exposed to the ideas of others and have chosen which one's to accept and which one's to reject.

some religions proclaim themselves as THE ONLY WAY.

Then let them believe that and let it be their truth. You do not have to accept it as your own truth.

Originally posted by DarthMuerte Thus they cannot all be correct.

Then they must all be incorrect.

Originally posted by DarthMuerteThey are mutually exclusive in those cases. For example, it is impossible for both Christianity and islam to be true.

Then they both must be false my friend. Both subscribe to the concept of monotheism. Thus they believe God is one. Their being one God, who is everything, then both must accept each point of view as valid, lest be hypocritical of their own belief in ONE God.

You cannot say God is one and that one is all of creation then start setting conditions whereby you divide that God and it's creation into parts which you then judge.

That would make Man the creator of God and Not God the creator of Man.

Make sense?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Couldnt of put it better myself dude

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
You don't know God personally you know what ever religous text you read.

No my friend, the problem is everyone DOES know God personally. They cannot accept that everyone else does too.

Spoiled kids fighting over who is loved most by their creator.

LOL

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Ok I may have put it down a bit wrong, I mean people know the different rule's in different books and choose to follow one of them. Even if they are basically saying the same thing.
But someone can't say I know the word of God cos its in this book, because the book was written and edited by man.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Unless you know Jesus you do not know God personally...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by IAMIAM

Unless you know me, you do not know Jesus.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Well....
Perception is not reality my friend.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by IAMIAM

Well....
Perception is not reality my friend.

Wonderful!

What is?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I don't like this I think we all go to the same place when we die, doesnt matter what religion you are, we are human beings

You are correct, that was my very point.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think once one resorts to thinking "where will I go when I die" they have lost touch with life.
I also worry that there are "Christians" who believe in a "loving God" that burns 'sinners" in an eternal hell.

It's tough to break away from indoctrination, but this is one of those area's that could be deserving.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Lol, you don't have to believe in Yahweh a.k.a. Jesus Christ. Youre still going to hell

I'm just messing with you man. You can believe whatever you want, personally i don't care because it doesn't effect my life any at all (unless you try to cut my still beating heart out of my chest to give to quetzalquatl, you try that then were going to have problems). To each his own. At least youre not an atheist that is godless. Got that going for you at least.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

reply to post by IAMIAM

Unless you know me, you do not know Jesus.

With Love,

Your Brother

Last time i read anything about God, it's the part where seeing his face will destroy you. If that's your face in your avatar then i am still alive and you are not God.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
People are funny. We claim we know things that we can't possibly prove. A good Christian told me that my mom was going to hell. When I die, if there is a hell, I am going to go there and get her out. Why would any leader want a group of people to follow him based on fear of death? Loyalty can be created in different ways. God would never want someone to come to Him on fear of eternal death. I don't want my kids to be loyal to me based on fear, but on love. Man made that ridiculous religious story up for power and control. And what is the value of a belief in eternal life in order to be granted eternal life? Before I was born, I don't remember it. So as far as what God has given me, this existence is all I am to know. So when I die, I don't care if I am not going to live forever - I am just grateful that God let me live this short time. Do you wonder if a person who gets 50 years of life and then is forever gone can still praise God, or if that praise even matters to Him? I think it does matter to Him. Rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

It's something I've hated and why I've despised all religions.

You get some groups like Christians, Jews and Muslims for example preaching about being good to one another and "love thy neighbour" but then the next minute, you get the worst people involved and following those religions who give the rest a bad name.

Muslim extremists give the rest of their peace loving brethren a bad name.

Christian fundamentalists give the rest of their peace loving brethren a bad name.

I encountered one ATS member months ago who said that he hated an ex-friend because she questioned what they were beign taught as far as Christianity being the one true religion and that non-believers will all go to Hell and rightfully so unless they convert.

I said that why should he have turned his back on a friend and forced her to leave the school by attacking her questions which make a lot of sense and he responded that she was a Godless heathen and that she deserved to rot in the inferno forever.

I questioned that and asked why she would be hounded out of her school by who she thought was a friend just because she chose not to be brainwashed into such dangerous thinking and then that member attacked me for enjoying, listening to and writing/performing heavy metal music, saying I was in league with Satan and that I also deserve to burn in Hell for it.

Totally ricockulous if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I believe there may be some among us today who live like the first Century Christians. I'd love to meet them. The rest are just imposters. Some deceived, some fakirs? Any who profit from their claim to be "Christian" are fakirs of course.
I personally don't think religion matters. Historically why should it?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There's more than one way to be wrong.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I have been quite active on another thread in this forum and I have realised that some people from certain religions can't/won't accept that people have different beliefs then them.
Some go so far into saying "if you don't believe what I believe your going to Hell".
I don't mind religion as long as it is not one where they try and scare you into believing it.
Why do some people act all higher than thou because they think they are right and everyone else is wrong.
Well maybe all Religions are right and all you need is one person believing in a god for that god to exist.
I think I was put off by major religions at school with all the "your a sinner and your going to Hell etc" thats why I have been searching for something else and thanks to this website (and the cool members
) I have a lot of reading to do.

Treat people how you want to be treated.....best line ever and its in all major religious texts. So why don't we just follow that eh?

Also the OP of the thread you refer to said several times "you do believe what I believe you just won't admit it."

How arrogant was that person!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

If you're a friend of jesus I question his charactor.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Who said I wasn't?
Iam exploring all possibilities here, some people say being an atheist is a religion,
Just because is "Godless" doesnt mean they are bad people and not to be trusted, and heck I hope if there is a God he would welcome atheist's with open arms saying "wow you tried living a full life without me....well done for your human spirit but now let me show you the way".
Personally Iam boarder line agnostic with a dash of spirituality thrown in for side measure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join