It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't people accept there are other religions....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

So you are saying if Iam a good person (try to be more than not) but I dont follow any organised Religion and I die,
If I have a good soul and Jesus says "Oi Boymonkey over here mate" and I hear it, I will be allowed in heaven?
Of course you cant say Iam a good person so we will let any God decide that
but lets just say for arguments sake Iam

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I like the last paragraph of what you posted here....

For me, this is easy. I value all perspectives leading to an understanding of God. They all have a valuable perspective and hold keys to increasing faith from expressions of that faith. Once all religions are examined, they all lead right back to the source--God. All seven continents were given a part of the overall story. The Bible clearly says not to judge, but work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. We will be judged in the same measure we judge others. Again, Jesus holds the key to this thought.

Your saying all religions lead to the same God right? but I disagree that I have to follow Jesus to understand it.
Also why the fear and trembling? I want to work towards my own salvation with an open heart full of love and happyness, not because I fear it.

There is ultimate truth and there is truth is by degree. Mine may be higher or lower than yours, but we may both be incorrect on our way up the scale of degrees. The top degree is always above us and will remain that way. We are always moving up a degree or two. You may think that your truth is correct, and by perspective, it may be. I can always look across and see that there is a better way. You can do the same. Ultimately, Jesus is higher than either of us and this is evident if the fulfillment of truth is examined within the page of the Bible.

The Bible states this in Isaiah 40:

3 A voice of one calling:
“In the wilderness prepare
the way for the LORD[a];
make straight in the desert
a highway for our God.
4 Every valley shall be raised up,
every mountain and hill made low;
the rough ground shall become level,
the rugged places a plain.
5 And the glory of the LORD will be revealed,
and all people will see it together.
For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.”

We only need the true perspective to see equally. We are not here to know the truth yet as we lack the capacity to hold it. We are here to search for it. By reflection, we can see the ultimate fulfillment when all is revealed. There is no better way to learn than doing. Our experience here reveals the reflection later. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." Reality is cooperative learning at its finest.

edit on 30-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Star for you sir I respect what you believe and you have not threatend me with hell like some other christians have.
I think we are coming from the same place just a different path.
Cheers dude

May the Monkey only giggle as you pass (and not throw poo)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Do you mean I would bend my knee to Jesus the person or God himself. Are you by your faith waiting for a master/king that tells you what to do or are you after being connected to god directly and figuring out with synchronicity what he want's you to do? Do you belive that you can become what Jesus was or are you feeling less than Jesus the man?

My way of thinking is this. All souls have the same value even animals. There is no soul with higher or lower value than me. We are all equal but different because of our experiances. But every souls has an own road to learn. Some life you mess up and have to either step back to a previous lesson or repeat a lesson. It is all about your evolution as a spirit. It is not a race. I want to go to that place where I can learn most and fit in best. Would you want to got to heaven if your presense there destroyed it because you where not tolerant enought to be there? I belive that heaven and hell is also a state of mind that can be experianced. You can be in hell on earth. It is when you fear and hate almost everything and is depressed and the whole world seem to be against you. Heaven can be like a point where you feel harmonious, at peace with your surroundings and feel happy and want to share that with everybody around you.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

I agree with this also but maybe we all follow different paths to get to the same thing? I hope I meet all my cats again in the afterlife
(if there is one) hehehee

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I agree with this also but maybe we all follow different paths to get to the same thing? I hope I meet all my cats again in the afterlife
(if there is one) hehehee

The fact is that sometime I wonder if cats don't understand more of whats going on than we do. It's like they noctice stuff that we don't sometimes. I think if we could spend a day as a cat we would probably get a completly different way to look at reality.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yup Mine often notice's something in thin air and seems to listen to it lol

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Do you mean I would bend my knee to Jesus the person or God himself. Are you by your faith waiting for a master/king that tells you what to do or are you after being connected to god directly and figuring out with synchronicity what he want's you to do? Do you belive that you can become what Jesus was or are you feeling less than Jesus the man?

My way of thinking is this. All souls have the same value even animals. There is no soul with higher or lower value than me. We are all equal but different because of our experiances. But every souls has an own road to learn. Some life you mess up and have to either step back to a previous lesson or repeat a lesson. It is all about your evolution as a spirit. It is not a race. I want to go to that place where I can learn most and fit in best. Would you want to got to heaven if your presense there destroyed it because you where not tolerant enought to be there? I belive that heaven and hell is also a state of mind that can be experianced. You can be in hell on earth. It is when you fear and hate almost everything and is depressed and the whole world seem to be against you. Heaven can be like a point where you feel harmonious, at peace with your surroundings and feel happy and want to share that with everybody around you.

Namaste

I lean toward these thoughts as well, but understand that there is a higher truth. We are valued in creation because we were valued enough to be created. God bestowed this on us. If He wanted to shine the light on us fully, He could, but this would not prove profitable to us. Light blinds if it is presented in its fullest extent. This is why you and I can express the truth we know and others are blinded by it. Truth is by degree. The same goes for us when we read someone like Rumi the Sufi. At times, I see through His blindness. At times, I am blinded by his insight. We all hold sparks of truth and gifts that are specific to us and our mission in life. For me, the Bible contains the ultimate truths to be found. All others must be defined by the Bible to rightly divide truth.

This is a quote I enjoy.

“Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out; a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is as unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.” Victor Frankl

LINK

edit on 30-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I want to say thank you boymonkey for inviting me to this thread.
I wish to state my beliefs, but unfortunately it will have to wait until tomorrow.
Many here I have seen so far hold the same values to be true as I do. Good to see that so many can understand.
Light and Love to you all,
I will be back in the morning when I am refreshed and able to think things through.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

You welcome

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Cheers for the link good read that, star for you fella

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

That is it......you hit it on the head.
Different name, same guy!!

PLPL

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

I really want people to watch a film called The man from earth www.imdb.com...
I want people of all religions to find it online (easy) and watch it, its a real good film with a good message.
please please please find it and watch it and report back on this thread

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The Man From Earth

From the sci fi writer Jerome Bixby and writers of some of the best Star Trek and Twilight Zone series huh? Sounds interesting thanks for sharing. I sometimes dig those movies that have a lot of conversation about deep topics.

peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Ah cheers for putting the trailer on ...now find it and watch it

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have posted this on ATS again but I will post it again.
Let's say you have a bus full of people that represent every religion, add to that, that they represent the very best and worst of their perspective group as usually there is at least two options for good and bad. So 2 from each group. And all have a passionate and sincere belief about what happens when they die.
The bus crashes and they all die, do they all go where they believed they where going?
Or does one reality occur for them all?

Mediate about this.

So I certainly accept that there are other religions, but in the end as I illustrated, not all beliefs can be correct.
It's just not possible.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
So I certainly accept that there are other religions, but in the end as I illustrated, not all beliefs can be correct.
It's just not possible.

Your scenario does nothing to illustrate a method whereby to chose the best path, thus it does nothing to negate the possibility that each path is correct.

You have eyes to see just as I have eyes to see. Is it genuinely possible for me to tell you what you are seeing when presented a thing?

We do not know if anything we observe has a mutual appearance. In fact, the evidence suggests that our perceptions are as unique as our fingerprints. This being the case, who has a right to declare anything as true to anyone but themselves? To thine OWNSELF be true.

Now if you do believe that any man can make such a daring proclamation as to be the sole proprietor of the truth of the nature of our existence, then let that man have your own will, but leave others to their own.

It is possible that each holds what is true for themselves, but no man holds what is true for others.

Of course you can just kill each other off trying to prove me wrong.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

reply to post by DarthMuerte

Your proving my point you saying its christianity or nothing else.
There are many many religions and only a third of the populace follow it, the others follow others.
So why are they are wrong and you are right? can't you accept that a non-christian who is a good person can get into heaven?
You act like I am the one making the choice. Your issue is with God, not me. Maybe you can convince him?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

We are not given that option, some religions proclaim themselves as THE ONLY WAY. Thus they cannot all be correct. They are mutually exclusive in those cases. For example, it is impossible for both Christianity and islam to be true.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I don't like this
I think we all goto the same place when we die, doesnt matter what religion you are, we are human beings and I think Hell is a place where people go if they were not happy with their lives.
Maybe God is just every Human soul that has died and they judge us not some made up being.
But what do I know, guess we will all find out one day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join