It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple's Daughter Taken Away for 18 Hours Over Alleged Sandwich Theft

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
We, the tax payers in America and Europe have bailed out BANKS around the world , got that, 5.00 food items, give me a BREAK. The BANKS GOT TRILLIONS, have they repaid, well, I don't think so. They got BONUSES. Wake up!!!!!!!!

I have been a manager for the largest Supercenter chain in the world, and there are mitigating circumstances, such as hypoglycemia. It's a rough thing, I've had it. But, for food items? This is a shame, I will not be shopping at Safeway...... EVER, or visiting HAWAII. Are you kidding me!

In the company I worked for they kept cameras on everyone customer and employee alike, but, the biggest thief was the CEO. This CEO stole 500,000. in gift cards, aka Embezzelment.

God, the small man, woman and child copt it again! Damn.

Technically since they walked out of the store, they could be charged, but, use some common sense they just shopped in your store and paid your ass 50.00 for purchases, thank them, and accept the payment offered, some people are just trying to make it out here and take care of their families. It's called a human mistake sheesh

Nice ALOHA spirit there, I hope people BOYCOTT the hell out of this company. ALOHA SAFEWAY and bon voyage.

The litigation alone costed more than the items in question and now possibly ruined your business. I hope they sue the hell out of this company on many grounds.

This part I found extremely odd:

After being booked, the couple was released on $100 bail. They were taken back to Safeway to collect their grocieries and walked home.

This couldn't have been me, I would have gotten them to refund the whole damn receipt, tell them to stick every item where the sun don't shine and walked home. None of my money would have stayed with these people and an attorney would be contacted. Now, Safeway is reviewing how the situation was handled, hmmmm, seems they're worried about bad press. They should be and more coming.

edit on 2-11-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This is why I don't believe in policy. You treat every situation as they come, not as some mathematical formula.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

The second you exit the store without paying for all the goods, you are stealing.

There are mistakes that happen, so it isn't always stealing. Stealing is knowing you are not paying for something and willfully not wanting to pay for it...as you leave the store.

<< 1  2   >>

join