It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft's Vision Of The Future: You Will Be Productive Or You Will Be Assimilated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

I think it's a consumer issue. They're marketing to consumers, showing consumers interacting with other consumers about consumeables i.e. products/services. Even the mother-child scene is an interaction about consuming. There's a heart as symbolism which appears on the frig, a hub for consuming. It is depressing.

I think you're just reading into it what you want to.

The refrigerator/ice-box has, in many families, been a sort of cork-board for memories and family events/reminders. Ours always had drawings/paintings us kids made, reminders of chores/things-to-do when my parents were out of the house, checks for school lunch, etc. It also had pictures of family members, vacation photos, etc.

If you'll notice - as she's riding in the Taxi, she's drawing a "heart" on some kind of social networking media entitled: "My Refrigerator" - or something along those lines. This connects the two scenes - where she was staying in touch with her family even while away (basically just a far more integrated version of what we have today - capable of displaying on your refrigerator, apparently).

As for what we use computers for - we often use them (and will increasingly use them) for purchases and consumer goods. Like I said - we can already shop with our cell phones - pay with our cell phones, and run price and consumer satisfaction queries with our cell phones (the camera interprets the UPC and pulls up reviews and price comparisons).

Technology is a very powerful tool that can empower consumers, distributors/retailers, and producers rather equally.

Microsoft is not going to answer, for you, what you actually are (whether you are a consumer, producer, or distributor/retailer). Only you and your government can make that decision - and most people prefer to let their government decide, apparently.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Holy Hell, what a sanitized and barren-looking world. Personally I'd prefer a world that more resembled the '70s....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think governments wanted us to become addicted to technology and get everything tied into the gadgets in which we use. This way they can just shut everything off at a switch of a button and keep us all in the dark with no source of news, or anything.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Bill Gates says we can lower the world population by 15% using vaccines an health care. Any future that Bill G. or Microsoft wants for the world is not a good one.

If you don't want to watch the whole video, skip it to 1:58 or so.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think for some they will miss the good old days and others be excited by the future. Much like some prefer comfortable, homely interiors and other clean and modern. I personally love some of those concepts. I do not see how newer gadgets would take away human emotion as it is part of our biology and consciousness, people used to have all sorts of fears about GODs beyond the clouds and now we have satellites taking photos of other planets.
edit on 30-10-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I knew there was something funny about all those technologies that makes them seem a lot more cuddlier than they really are, and it finally hit me:

They didn't have any advertisements.

But then again, advertisements within advertisements is pretty redundant.
edit on 30-10-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Microsoft's vision of the future looks cold, barren, and loveless. I hope they also invent a time machine to allow those of us with souls to escape back to the past.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

edit on 31-10-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think the issue I have with that video is that as a vision of the future, its a little clean , a little sanitary. Do you have any idea how dangerous such a surgically clean environment would be for mankind? The slightest waft of volcano gas, the slightest biocontaminant in a world that clean looking , would spell the death of twenty to thirty percent of a given population, through the wussification of the species.

But on a more serious note, I think that although there are benifits that can be had from computers and technology in general, all I see in this video is a world where humanity has lost its soul, and forgotten what it means to be human. These are not people who know what it is to meet mother nature on her terms, and surive. These are not people who know what it is to run in open country, just for the thrill of being at maximum pace surrounded by the glories of things that grow.These are not a people I want to resemble .

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sounds like A Brave New World to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Yeah deffo, u summed it up perfectly...

And for the other members not seeing a 'problem' with our over reliance on technology (read 1984, brave new world et al)...there is also a sociological theory out there that says 26 is the new 21 - the reason being that people are developing certain social skills later due to various factors mainly, technology i.e. communicating mainly through social media rather than face to face and obviously the individualism that capitalism promotes.

Not to mention the emp conspiracy theories, which will wipe out all electronics anyway!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I timed it.

An old computer with a 200mhz processor running Windows 95 boots up faster than Windows 7 and a 3.4ghz processor.

Microsoft's current software really doesn't offer anything Windows 95 could do. For us anyways. To the people using the secret locked CPU cores we can't see and the lines of code running to spy on us.....

They'll be God's and will greatly profit off of the work of others around the world in instantaneous speed.

Microsoft will only have a future if there's a One World Government and they scrub open source operating systems/software from the world. Certain elements have already corrupted free versions of Linux out there and turned them into Corporate Tools.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Mother Nature is just finally catching up with technology.
It was just a matter of time because in Nature this is known as "Survival of the fittest".
Think of it as the equalizer.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I timed it.

An old computer with a 200mhz processor running Windows 95 boots up faster than Windows 7 and a 3.4ghz processor.

This is the ultimate bench-mark for any system. A low boot time is, by far, the greatest measure of your computer's processing capacity and its capability to provide the user with valid, relevant information.

Microsoft's current software really doesn't offer anything Windows 95 could do. For us anyways. To the people using the secret locked CPU cores we can't see and the lines of code running to spy on us.....

Precisely. Spyware programs enacted by the fascist unification of corporate-government interests are the true driving factor behind the increase in computer hardware power requirements. Keylogging scripts and screen-dumps have long been hampered by the lack of CPU and graphics processing capacity.

They'll be God's and will greatly profit off of the work of others around the world in instantaneous speed.

They are already Gods. They have been spying on all of us for decades - including many major businesses. Clearly, Microsoft plans to enact a one-world industry that centralizes all human knowledge and capability. Rumor has it that they are partnering with Babel-Fish for this.

Microsoft will only have a future if there's a One World Government and they scrub open source operating systems/software from the world. Certain elements have already corrupted free versions of Linux out there and turned them into Corporate Tools.

It is, indeed, horribly corrupt to spend innumerable hours each day working on a program others so generously use to make money for themselves and expect some form of compensation for their efforts. It is also lazy of any company to choose to pay another company to service the equipment/software being used. The freeware versions are available, and capable of being painstakingly tailored to the individual needs of any company if they would only be willing to invest months of time setting up systems rather than feed the hungry jaws of such blasphemous entities as Microsoft.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thanks for making me laugh with your satirical post.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I feel like an anachronism, I only have a PC and ink jet printer, no Xbox, no Ipad, no WiFi, no cell phone, no pager, no digital this that or other, I think I'll get stuffed and mounted in some museum soon............. Yet I still manage to enjoy life, eat well, sleep well, find things to do (too many at times!) .

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I feel like an anachronism, I only have a PC and ink jet printer, no Xbox, no Ipad, no WiFi, no cell phone, no pager, no digital this that or other, I think I'll get stuffed and mounted in some museum soon............. Yet I still manage to enjoy life, eat well, sleep well, find things to do (too many at times!) .

In the future they predict you and I will be labelled as terrorists (or enemy's of the state), be rounded up and sent to the digital/virtual reality gas chamber!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join