It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Phobos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

edit on 31-10-2011 by Apso1 because: Posted twice, apologies

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
phobos is probably some artificially satellite created by ets

heres a photo that was labeled secret because the cigar shaped craft was like 15 miles long or something like that

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by saskwatch

It was labelled secret by who? That photo is available, along with the other photos taken before and after, for anyone with an Internet connection.

It's easy to make statements like that, but that doesn't mean they are true.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

post by saskwatch
heres a photo that was labeled secret because the cigar shaped craft was like 15 miles long or something like that

You may want to check out this thread by Internos which shows that the cigar shaped craft was not all it seemed to be .

Phobos II last image

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

it was supposedly made secret by the soviet govt at that time

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

sorry but i dont accept just any "study" done by someone from their computer desk, im not saying hes wrong but im not saying hes right either, the original series of photos he did his "study" from does show some type of very large object that didnt go away in all those shots and it doesnt look like camera irregularities to me, so we all are going to have to go by our own judgements on this sorry

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Then how did they turned into non-secret and even public?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There's an assumption behind the idea that Phobos is artificial which is that Mars is something an intelligent spacefaring race would find interesting enough to park a ship in orbit there. But I honestly don't see where Mars has all that much going for it. Not enough to warrant putting something in orbit there. In other words, what's the big attraction?

Earth, I can see parking something in orbit here. There's all kinds of interesting stuff happening. But Mars? What a snooze.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
What propellants?! It looks like a HG Wells contraption designed to run from the steam of a boiling kettle.

Completely steampunk. It reminds me of the planned Soviet manned Lunar lander. Cranks and gears and dials and tubes. It looked like something meant to be operated by a trained circus monkey.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The truth is that as we mature as a species and travel out into space we will no doubt use the materials of space meaning that our spacecraft for any kind of distant travel will likely be metal rich asteroids. We will hollow them out and reinforce their structures and use them as spaceships. Why do you ask, because they are up there already. We do not have to lift them out of a gravity well of a planet to get them into space. We will use these asteroids for our spacecraft for moving populations to new worlds. We will make these our new worlds at first and then we will learn to propel them and use the fabric of space as our oceans. We will sail to new worlds. Asteroids parked in orbit of any planet should be checked out to see if they were used in the past to ferry colonists to that world.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

at that time and even now govts of the world refuse to admit that we're being visited, so anything they find in outer space that proves it especially with these giant space craft was to be labeled secret so as to not frighten the earth population

why do we have knowledge of this event? more than likely is it was leaked by a whistle blower which has been happening more and more thanks to the internet

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
There's an assumption behind the idea that Phobos is artificial which is that Mars is something an intelligent spacefaring race would find interesting enough to park a ship in orbit there. But I honestly don't see where Mars has all that much going for it. Not enough to warrant putting something in orbit there. In other words, what's the big attraction?

Earth, I can see parking something in orbit here. There's all kinds of interesting stuff happening. But Mars? What a snooze.

I would have thought if you were keeping an eye on the Earth Mars would be a good place to park a station , easy commute , out of the way and good view of us .

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I can't believe no one has mentioned that scientists don't think Phobos is solid...they say it is made of "rubble":

www.astronomynow.com...

New Mars Express observations of Martian moon Phobos suggest it could be a rubble pile rather than a single solid object, but questions remain as to where the material actually came from in the first place.

What's funny is that I first learned that YESTERDAY...I'm a teacher, and one of my students was researching Phobos. Very interesting stuff!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This was a good thread from a couple of years ago aboutn phobos.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by Imtor
What exactly is strange about satellites attracted by Mars that are the size of those in the asteroid belt, probably pushed near Mars also with some object that pushed or crashed into an asteroid belt object making its pieces go near Mars and thus Phobos and Deimos? ..

No. Phobos was not captured by Mars. At all. Scientists says.

The reason why they think it is not captured by Mars is Mars does not have enough gravity to keep in in orbit, hocus pocus, whether Mars has had bodies around it or they were taken frm the asteroid belt there is no way this is some flying spaceship lol,

I see where you are heading the "Hollow Phobos" theories, didn't even know there are such... Come on, not everything is alien.. you will see in 2012 when the Russian Grunt reaches Phobos.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

A robotic Russian spacecraft that launched on a mission to the Mars moon Phobos Tuesday (Nov. 8) is apparently stuck in Earth orbit, but hope for the probe is not lost yet, according to news reports. The Phobos-Grunt spacecraft launched at 3:16 p.m. EST (2016 GMT) Tuesday and was supposed to be on its way to Phobos by now. The probe separated from its Zenit rocket properly, but its own thrusters then failed to fire in order to send the spacecraft streaking toward Mars, Russian officials said.

source

not again It says here they have 3 or so days to get the engine to light before the batteries die and it becomes more space debris.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I was just about to quote you this you posted from page one

post by iforget
Aww dont make fun of the Russians they've had a tough time getting to mars.

, yep still having a tough time getting to Mars

Now if I was a conspiracy theorist type I would be calling shenanigans on this as it seems that no one but the US can seem to get there , the Russian failures and poor old Beagle 2 ....Mmmmmm ... fishy

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I'm bummed returning a sample of the surface would be an awesome accomplishment. Just landing and snapping some pics would be sweet. I hope they can get it to leave earth orbit. I wounder how well that spacecraft would burn up, maybe it could be interesting with all propellent still on board?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join