It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,000 Mayan Codices Discovered in Museum Basement, Mayan Prophecy to be Fulfilled 12-21-2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Great thread. You obviously put some time and effort into this. I have studied the subject matter fairly thoroughly and though my verdict on Drunvalo isn't quite in yet, this is very fascinating subject matter.

One little thing though. In all of my studies, I have come to the conclusion that the whereabouts of the 13 skulls are unknown(at least the majority of them.) How are the elders going to retrieve these skulls? Or does the post insinuate that the skulls have been in the possession of the elders the entire time?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye

Originally posted by binkbonk
I'll bet everyone a thousand dollars that 1-1-2013 will come and go with no hitch.

I'm willing to bet a thousand dollars that dollars and money in general will be worthless by 2013.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

They're worthless now, aren't they? I've yet to see anyone agree on what the hell this mayan 'prophecy' is supposed to mean anyway. Any offers?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The Earth will NOT end in 2012. People will NOT enter the "4th dimension".

In fact the Earth will go through a very terrible time next year as the paths of WW3 are set and the plans of the NWO are slowly revealed.
edit on 30-10-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by alldaylong

What is it about Americans that make them believe this utter rubbish?

I'm American and I don't believe it for one moment, any serious bit of research will show it doesn't hold up .. I'm ashamed really at all of the attention it gets.. I wish people would wise up, I hate the fact people are making money on the fear .. 2012 may as well have a trademark symbol at the end of it, it's become a commercial venture

Well is big ol fat wagon load of it....classic houcus pocus....somebody, some of the rare initiated that can read the majic script and tell the rest what it says....nevermind any know expert commenting...and now suddenly just in time they find 1000! New text in a basement somewhere. Talk about Hansel and Gretel being led through the forest.

Do you have any idea the outrage in the affected fields if 1000 manuscripts like this were found in a basement of a museum?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

is that you clearwater pm me XP

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by misscurious
is this for real? how did they get all 13 skulls?

Sounds like they gathered all the quest items needed to move on to the next section in some RPG.

EDIT: If my RPG senses are correct, the time is near where a big land mass will pull away from the Earth, and become a floating continent. The prime evil will be ruler of this land.
edit on 30-10-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

^^^^Easily my favorite video game of all time - glad it got a mention!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
2007 thru 2015 huh, yea I can see that some major changes have occurred between 08 and now. Interesting how they say the new world begins in Dec 2012. I realized that this prophecy does not mean the Earth will end 12-21-2012, but rather, as the Mayans say, we are in a cycle(season) of change.
Where did they get the 2.5 billion viewers for the crystal skulls?
I love the museums response to the elders in regard to obtaining their codices, 10 years to purchase? pffft
How would you like someone with your stuff telling you you can't have it or you have to buy it back? Kinda insulting imo.

So there are the Dresden *, Madrid * and Grolier * codices. It's a shame so much was destroyed by the Spaniards, but this stuff is a fascinating read and I shall go thru it today.

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hello,

this OP and the site listed IN MY OPINION is a pseudo-scientific new-age site and all the information is bunk.

I am sad to see this new-age 2012 blah blah here in the "Ancient Civilizations" forum since THIS forum was one of the few, remaining GOOD forums without all that 2012 and Niburu nonsense.

Please keep the 2012 new age stuff out here and move (back) in the appropriate forums. It is a disgrace to all others who ever posted here with GOOD and interesting stuff.

My $0.02

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Verifies how academics and the elite REALLY BELIEVE they have the right and ability to know only what god knows. Same story. Humans with the "Do as thou wilt" attitude. Burn in hell.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by alldaylong

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by alldaylong

Reincarnation my friend! Of course I have!

lol

That would be the biblicle one.... all 4 of them. wrapped up into one nice neat lil package.

Do you mean "The Flood" that was caused by climate change? The polar ice caps melting and see levals rising.

Nah. Not that one. That's just a misconception. It was actually divine in nature. Really!

Wait... So you're saying that the caps melting and climate change flooded the earth? Why then are we not under water now? Just a thought....

oh yeah... I almost forgot. Surely you cant mean the imaginary melting of the caps cause such a thing! Id need proof. Green card handy? Placenta wallet? Surely, what's good for the goose...

I mean... Since we're demanding proof. There goes all but the last 100 years of history!

FYI, It was impossible for the flood to ever occur, and friend of mine and I worked out the math. We accounted for the volume of water of the earth, the height of the highest mountains in the world, and the volume of water it would take to cover them. The only way the entire earth could be covered with water would have being a huge ice ball from outer space with a huge mass to impact the earth, melt, etc. Honestly, I'll do a thread on it soon....The paperwork is in my locker at work, and it's still the weekend.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Uhhhh, what do the crystal skulls or the mayans have to do with the USA at all? They weren't even in the US.... ever as far as I know.... so why the big hype about these " neo mayan " " Elders " Making a treck across a foreign land that isn't their own with skulls many scientists don't even believe to be from their period ( at least the majority show evidence of modern tool markings)... still not convinced. anything is going to happen.... at all....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
fool me once shame on you...
fool me 100 times..shame on me. I'm sure dec 22 will be a regular day...actually that's my b-day..

Mines the 21! I think its going to be a self fullfilling prophacy, people getting so scared of whats going to happen they undo themselves. I see a big spike of people being addmitted to health facillitys (some otherwise mentally ''stable'' people) But then I suppose on the 22nd someone will go on about how the skulls were brought together blah blah save humanity at last second yadda yadda.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
This is all well and good but there's been evidence that at least some ( if not most ) of these crystal skulls are fake which detracts from the idea all together....(snipped for space)

Ah, you beat me to it. I was SO excited to open this thread and read about new Mayan codices, but once I read that crystal skulls were involved, I didn't bother to read any further. Such a bummer

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If anyone has the time to figure it out,here is a link that shows you how to decipher the codecs for yourself.
www.ancientscripts.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'll tell you what, you people have balls. A lot of end of the world conspiracy theorists say the world will end tens of years in the future, possibly even beyond their own lifespan so that when it doesn't come true, they don't have to sit there and look like a dumba**. But what are you guys going to say in January 2013 when nothing has happened? Same thing the Y2K'ers did I guess.

Now don't get me wrong here, this is a fun topic (like a scary movie is fun), and I also believe the world is going to hell in a hand basket, but I don't think it's anything the Mayans predicted or that planet X is going to smash into earth or yada yada. We have enough of our own real problems that can end the world that we need to worry about rather than a Mayan calender.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

So there are the Dresden *, Madrid * and Grolier * codices. It's a shame so much was destroyed by the Spaniards, but this stuff is a fascinating read and I shall go thru it today.

Peace,
spec

There is also a Paris Codex known also as the Codex Peresianus. There are 4. Dont know why that clip says only 3.

The Paris has appeared published several times since the mid 1800s and appeared in a 1930 published collection of all the then known Maya books. It has been published a good number of times after that and in later well known compendiums.

The original is in Paris at the Bibliotheque Nationale.

All of the 4 surviving codex show a clear and strong early mesopotamian influence as do the Mixteca.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
As soon as I saw lightworkers.org as one of the links, my BS meter went to 10. I feel they undermine the validity of any proof. Not saying any of this is proof, just that lightworkers add to the BS factor.
edit on 30-10-2011 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Selyatek

maybe that's because the sources are pathetic.

yes you do have research ahead.

Start with the name Drunvalo Melchizedek over at fraud watch....

Drunvalo Melchizedek to obtain the original codices from the museum but upon conferring with the museum’s curator, he was denied due to the new antiquities laws.

or maybe they just know who bernard really is...oops I mean drunvalo

peace,
-TF

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So the Mayans are going to have a ceremony on 12-21-12 and at the end they will have a 30 minute discussion on the new codices they found?! Won't it be old news by then?! Doesnt the world need to know now? Am I missing something here?!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My bull**** detector just went off...

1. Mayan date 12-21-12: Wow, didn't know the Mayans had a Christian calendar date in mind for those repeating numbers.
2. Crystal skulls are in many cases privately owned. Nobody will get all 13.
3. How do you know there were only 13? Are they numbered, as in "1 of 13, 2 of 13, etc.."?
4. 1000 codices just found? Then it says they were studied for 10 years? Contradiction.

Back to the imagineering, bull****ters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join