It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi loyalists fight on as Libya tries to unite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Gaddafi loyalists fight on as Libya tries to unite

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - The war is not yet over for Libya's new rulers in the desert town of Bani Walid where Gaddafi loyalists vow to fight on for their fallen leader and other residents are angry over violence and looting.

Enraged by what they see as acts of retribution by forces loyal to Libya's new government, tribesmen say their men are already trying to regroup into a new insurgency movement in and around the strategic desert town south of the capital, Tripoli.

"The Warfalla tribe is boiling inside. They can't wait to do something about this," Abu Abdurakhman, a local resident, said during a tour of his house destroyed by what he said was a revenge attack by anti-Gaddafi forces. REUTERS/Umit B
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This is not a picture that the media paints very often. They declared liberation the other day. Now there is an openly admitted insurgency.

Libyans are realizing that they will be worse off under the new government and will fight for their national identity that Gadaffi helped them build.

It is becoming more and more clear that Libya is not a country where it's citizens consider themselves liberated.

Hopefully they can take their country back from these western installed puppets.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hopefully this does not boil over into something more serious. The last thing Libya needs at the moment is another civil war.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

It certainly looks like there will be some permanent resistance in certain regions. Not all Libyans hated life under Gadaffi. And many of them are beginning to realize that they have been fooled. Those rebels were animals and the new government is the next Afghan government (very corrupt).

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I don't think that Sharia law equates to liberation in any sense for any one but the most strict of Islam.
What a joke.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That I don't doubt. I'm not making arguements in favour of Gaddafi's rule, but it doesn't seem at the moment that much is going to change for the Libyan people in the longrun, though I hope I'm wrong and that there is an eventual decent outcome.

The NTC could possibly attempt to calm down or compensate those who were directly affected by the fighting, that seems to be the only way I could think of averting some sort of armed resistance.
edit on 30-10-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
Hopefully this does not boil over into something more serious. The last thing Libya needs at the moment is another civil war.

This is the problem with revolutions.

In revolution people believe that the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" but in reality the enemy of your enemy is the enemy you'll fight later on.

Because once you win the revolution to depose one dictator(history tells us that chances are another dictator will replace the old one)it will be chaos attempting to share power with those whose initial goals may have been the same, but whose ideology is completely different.

It would be like Anarchists and Communists getting together to topple the government, and since their goals are the same they are willing to work together. Unfortunately they will likely be locked in a civil war due to the fact each factions views are diametrically opposed to each other.

edit on 30-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I recall during WW2, there was also in insurgency in Germany that the Allied forces had to put down and this doesn't end until the late 1950s.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't see ideology or religion as the operating principal in Libya. With an oil rich country there are
economic forces at play in who ultimately has control. I don't even think the Libyian revolution was a real revolution for independence and freedom. As in all things; follow the money. Who financed the "revolution" and who ultimately profits. Clandestine operations never show their cards when the opponent folds.

Looking at the obvious is a fools errand when dealing with complex international relationships; and the ME is a mess of tribal alliances, plots, subplots, conspiracies, crazy vendettas , lies, subterfuge, propaganda, all revolving around money and oil. The real players don't even have a name. Ideology in this case is the strawman.

for a taste watch "Killer Elite"

www.imdb.com...

and read this...

www.thedailybeast.com...

it's the comments after the article that really give the true insite as what's really going on.

edit on 30-10-2011 by whaaa because: ruI2

new topics

top topics

join