It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammunition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Last night I accidently let slip that I had been doing some shopping for survivalist type items, like large stocks of vegetable seeds, when talking to my husband. I hadn't told him what I'd been doing, because I was afraid he'd think I was off my rocker.

He was relieved to hear it! In fact he'd been doing the same on his end, without telling me, afraid that I'd think he was going too far too!

He is buying another gun (we have a few already) , but it is a very old one, like one we already have. (sorry guys, I know nothing about guns and cannot be specific!) The value in this, he said, is that in the case that ammunition were to run out or get hard to find, he can make his own bullets! He bought molds so that he could just melt down lead and fill his own bullets.

I just thought that was a very good idea and that I'd throw it out there in case someone didn't think of it. Maybe that is already standard survivalist info, I am new to this part of things, I am a woman and have focused primarily on food and water type stuff!

Realizing my ignorance of weapons, we are going out to today to teach me to use them. Apparently he's already been doing that with our kids, also not telling me.

Communication is a good idea. Sometimes we fidn out the other is more in sync than we assumed!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Its awesome to hear you both were on the same page but didn't realize it, all to often a prepper will find their mate against such things rather than for them and then it becomes a discussion of money rather than the actual prepping and the value it brings.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I know! Such a relief to find out we're BOTH maybe paranoid!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
LOL two peas in a pod!!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
lead is not impossible to find but a good thing to do is walk along high vehicle traffic areas that have ruts or potholes and pick up old wheelweights.in one day of looking for a job i picked up twenty pounds of lead two tool sockets and four dollars in change.plus it helps clean up the enviroment.make sure to wear gloves when handling lead.very wise idea to get a muzzle loader gun.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Maybe you can mold your own bullets but powder will still be a problem. You can't use the powder from shotgun, pistol or rifle shells in a muzzleloader. You have to use black powder or it may blow up in your face.

I keep on prepping regardless of what my wife has to say about it and lately she hasn't been critical at all. Makes me wonder if maybe I was right to begin with? Now I'm really confused! lol!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Behind every great man is a woman...Rolling her eyes

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Maybe you can mold your own bullets but powder will still be a problem. You can't use the powder from shotgun, pistol or rifle shells in a muzzleloader. You have to use black powder or it may blow up in your face.

I keep on prepping regardless of what my wife has to say about it and lately she hasn't been critical at all. Makes me wonder if maybe I was right to begin with? Now I'm really confused! lol!

However, the inverse of that is Not True! You can use black powder in modern weapons and Black Powder is not that hard to make yourself if you learn how and learn how to find the ingredients naturally! Cleaning a black powder arm is more challenging when you first learn. Both these trades are knowledge that should be learned by a sophisticated prepper! Gun powder is gold when TSHTF!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The people who thought you may be off are now seeing police and soldiers being set on fire on the news. Its that way in Athens right now.

And it will spread the more discontent and the more violence from the police against citizens the greater the speed.

Here in is the problem. Ideas and beginnings are just fine when you start to prep, but you need definitions and goals to make it.

Decide those early and you will both be fine along the way without too much friction with the process.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Behind every great man is a woman...Rolling her eyes

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

lol you and every other married man with a gun.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Also, I am very jealous, and envious of your husband to have such a good wife on the same page as him!!!!
Sounds like you guys really do belong together.........

top topics

join