It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 1am here tonight in the bay area and I just got back home from Occupy Oakland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

Occupy Des Moines here

expect a lot of flack from the OWS haters, forgive them for they know not what they do. Change scares them. They have become so submissive from conditioning from the handlers they will defend them blindly to no end. We stand on our own two feet for the rights of all, even the haters.

Two legs good, Four legs bad! Baaaa! Baaaaa!

edit on 30-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

I already started the Occupy ATS movement a while back.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Do like this before its too late

How to demand something
1 Sit down with a flag in aligned formation
2 A leader with megaphone say the demand - short, objective demand
3 Wave flag and chant in unison after the leader, leader is there just for the tempo
4 Change leader after sometime, he need rest, chanting/demand is the same
5 Give the demand list to interested participant/press/tv/opponents
6 Recruit, repeat

No kitchen, no hippies, no yoga, etc they said what the want instead of loitering around.
That is the way you protest. If you want people walking around go to Shibuya.

The more people walking around, the more chance undercover wreaking havoc.
I can go, throw a molotov and everybody gets beaten, done. As we can see, it just need a bottle to stop it all, how cheap. On the safe way, you actually can point to the guy who does it.

It doesnt take much effort to start this, just 2 person and others will follow, go and start it and others will follow, or else, expect us will become expect bruises

Wrong. The dog is the undercover, trying to be black sheep, the one who will stop it all.
edit on 30-10-2011 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2011 by NullVoid because: Koreans and Beijing students dont do it like it used to be anymore

edit on 30-10-2011 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I also got to see how they handled troublemakers. Yesterday, a homeless guy came into the camp and started sleeping on other people's blankets. He was also threatening people for no reason. The security team got together and discussed for about 30 seconds, where they them walked over, picked up the guy, and proceeded to walk him out. He got a little hostile and mad, but they did a good job keeping everything under control.

Just curious...Did anybody think of giving the guy a blanket for his own? I mean, this action would have been more in line with what i have heard OWS to be, rather than turning someone obviously in need away, into the cold.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

Im sorry. I wrote it out of order. First, he threatened people. Then, he started sleeping on other people's blankets. And by threatening people, I mean that he pulled a knife on one person and tried to punch someone else. It was about 2pm and 70 degrees F (21C), so they didn't just "shove him out into the cold"

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Awesome! You guys are to the USA what Simon Bolivar was to the South American countries, you guys are liberators!
Spread the freedom!!

I can't wait until we start implementing this kitten proposal in NYC.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I can say that that is the real democracy where everyone has a say on anything being proposed. A mini town hall where everyone can voice their opinions and being heard. But I think the 90% approval requirement is a little too high. Maybe a 75% approval by the people is good enough. There are simply some topics that will not get the 90% approval by the people. But in anyway, what you are doing in Occupy Oakland is commendable.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I spoke to my parents a few days ago about the Occupy protesters, and the first thing they brought up was the empty tents story...they were unmoved on the topic, its sad to see some people so addicted to the news coverage that they simply cannot accept any other given view.
I could show them this video, but I know I would be wasting my time.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

OK, you folks have formed a government. You have a voluntary tax system and have formed local jurisdictions. You have charitable groups supplying needs through donations.

You are missing some very important things though.
-Specific Goals.
-A Clear Message.
-Plans to Address Your Issues (or solutions).

If you just say we are unhappy and want change, that's all fine and good; but exactly, precisely what are the things you want changed and what is your specific plan to change those things?

You have and are accepting money from groups and unions who would only do that if they believe it will help Obama's re-election bid. Are you in fact part of the Obama campaign or are you being taken over?

Some of you claim to be Ron Paul supporters.

Some are there representing unions or were sent or paid to be there to represent them.

Some are simply young people who not only don't know what they want other than handouts, but have no message or plan other than give me, I want.

One third of you when polled are for and want violence.

Many (most if you believe the polls) have jobs, but somehow don't go to work; I think some lying is going on with this one.

Some are just people who get off on happenings and are not really there for any reason other than loving the excitement.

Some are there hoping for opportunities to steal or loot. Not your fault as these sick people show up for anything that can act as cover for crime. Even though you say you have some sort of security set up, you cannot arrest or punish them and you would need a good rapport with police to deal with them.

My point is that even though you present this as though it's well organized, it is not at all well organized. You may be organized in the way a large group of campers might be, but as far as a clear message? No such thing exists. As far as solutions to the problems you are protesting, you don't seem to have any at all.

How will the protests in Oakland do anything about the real cause of our problems in DC? Other than an attempt by Obama and the DNC to claim the movement to get your votes, I doubt these movements are making any difference at all.

Help me out here? List your goals as a group. List the solutions you support to achieve those goals? Absent that, it's just a group of people out on a lark camping out and making noise.

If I'm wrong, show me where I am wrong. I want to be wrong. Please post details of your goals and solutions to problems, including how they are paid for.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
expect a lot of flack from the OWS haters, forgive them for they know not what they do.

I honestly think that nearly all Americans support peaceful protest and even some civil disobedience provided there is no violence. I do.

I have no hate towards OWS. In fact I hope it turns into something other than the giant worthless mess it appears to be right now. I was all for the Tea Party even though I'm not a part of it. I'm all for this also. The difference is that the Tea Party had their act together. They had it so together they had Congresspersons and the President shaking in their boots. Problem is the Tea Party got taken over just like OWS will be taken over.

I'm opposed to violence. I'm opposed to liars. I'm opposed to opportunists like the unions and politicians trying to use this movement and in fact take it over using the unions and associated groups.
edit on 10/30/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
They are calling for a General Strike in Oakland for Wednesday, do you think it will happen?

What would happen if the entire US went out on a General Strike?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal

What would happen if the entire US went out on a General Strike?

That depends. What are the details of your demands and what specifically are your solutions to those demands?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Some things will just present themselves in time. Just keep the energy of change burning and things will reveal themselves in unexpected ways. I am from the Philippines and we already had two People Power where we removed two corrupt presidents (Ferdinand Marcos and Joseph Estrada). At first, it seems that nothing will happen but when a critical mass of people are united in a common cause, miracles do happen. Unexpectedly, the military decided to side with the people and from there on, the removal of the sitting president came in swiftly.

I even remember my British friend during the time of protest against Estrada telling us that we need some more violence if we want to remove the sitting president. He noticed that the people are having fun at the site of protest. Everyone is laughing and at peace. Then a few weeks later, Estrada was removed from the presidency. No bloodshed occurred. It was a peaceful revolution.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Some things will just present themselves in time. Just keep the energy of change burning and things will reveal themselves in unexpected ways.

No they won't. That is childish nonsense if you will forgive me for saying so. Your statement is the exact reason so few are taking this seriously.

You seem to be saying, lets have a protest and a big party and then we will invent a cause and what solutions we want later on. If that is true of most, then the detractors are right.

This is an opportunity to do something real, but if your idea is representative, it's all for nothing.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It might seem off topic, but it's not.
This post reminds me of one of my nieces going to Spain. She took pictures of the protests there, and sent them back. I pleaded her to go down and speak with the protesters, to find out what up. I felt that she was safe, the pictures showed them sitting around like the Occupy camps, not rioting.
Some of the goals were the same.
Does anyone know what's happening in Spain now?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I just wanted to thank all of you Americans that are supporting the OCCUPY movement. It will have to get worse before it gets better, please hold out as you are not only fighting for your country, you are also fighting for a new way of living for the rest of the world.. Again you have my support and appreciation. Thank you. Peace :-)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Faultyboy

We understand the standard of living that needs to be extended to all of humanity.

Can we do it?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Enderdog

If you actually are interested in Cialdini (I know you've already at least googled him! ;o) I recommend you just get his book "Influence:The Shrinkology of Persuasion" and Genie LaBorde's "Influencing With Integrity". The OP is obviously well intentioned. He just doesn't realize yet, to what lengths people will go, to have power over other people. I was literally in shock for a couple years when I realized it. The only way out though, is to learn how to do it, and inoculate yourself against such efforts.

You're pretty coooolio, Enderdog....thanks for your comments. I'm going to look into the books you referenced, as the titles sound right up my alley.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Some things will just present themselves in time. Just keep the energy of change burning and things will reveal themselves in unexpected ways. I am from the Philippines and we already had two People Power where we removed two corrupt presidents (Ferdinand Marcos and Joseph Estrada). At first, it seems that nothing will happen but when a critical mass of people are united in a common cause, miracles do happen. Unexpectedly, the military decided to side with the people and from there on, the removal of the sitting president came in swiftly.

I even remember my British friend during the time of protest against Estrada telling us that we need some more violence if we want to remove the sitting president. He noticed that the people are having fun at the site of protest. Everyone is laughing and at peace. Then a few weeks later, Estrada was removed from the presidency. No bloodshed occurred. It was a peaceful revolution.

Your post makes me hopeful for us here in the U.S., Wavemaker. Maybe we can be as fortunate in the end and avoid violence, too.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I have no hate towards OWS. In fact I hope it turns into something other than the giant worthless mess it appears to be right now. I was all for the Tea Party even though I'm not a part of it. I'm all for this also. The difference is that the Tea Party had their act together. They had it so together they had Congresspersons and the President shaking in their boots. Problem is the Tea Party got taken over just like OWS will be taken over. I'm opposed to violence. I'm opposed to liars. I'm opposed to opportunists like the unions and politicians trying to use this movement and in fact take it over using the unions and associated groups.

Blaine, I absolutely agree with this comment of yours. Speaking for myself only, I am very leery of jumping on the bandwagon with any of these emerging groups, no matter how much I might support their cause,simply because at the second they start to gain some momentum, the wacky, extremist voices start yacking to the media with a clear agenda as if they suddenly represent the opinion of the entire movement. That's when you know it's been infiltrated and soon to be labeled as something entirely off track from it's original purpose.

I, too, supported the Tea Party at first, and I admired their desire to shy away from allowing one person to take the helm as the leader. The minute the dingbat Palin appeared and started with her public ego stroking of Beck and blabbing b.s. on behalf of the party, I knew it was over. I do admire, however, that the Tea Party was motivated to the point of getting their party members into political positions.

With as many people that there are involved in these Occupy protests, infiltration and manipulation by those with nefarious intent is hard to avoid. Between the media, the shills, and a variety of agenda-driven wolves in sheep's clothing, they've managed to create this image of the entire movement to be made up of nothing but hippies, government leeches too lazy to get a job, communists, fascists, Obama supporters, and those many who believe the entire population of rich people in this country are not deserving of one penny of the money they've worked for and should hand some over. Oh yeah, and I forgot the OWS protestors who are alleged to be nothing more than homeless bums with no idea what the protest is about, but who enjoy pooping on people's porches for fun just the same.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join