It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Police Use Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, Batons and Pepper Spray On Protesters (Just like Oakland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I found this new footage from Denver and thought it should be seen on ATS. I searched and could not find any of this so hopefully this is new to all of us. I do admit that the source is not as "mainstream" as some of you would like. But if this story and the pictures and videos are true, we will have a very angry population very soon.

Denver Police Use Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, Batons and Pepper Spray On Protesters

These guys look like they are ready for a SWAT operation.

Sure it's only rubber bullets, but come on, look at this.

These pigs are as bad as the ones in NYC. Look at this one animal poking random people in the ribs with his night stick. I call that pretty obvious police brutality.

Looks to me that these cities have no shortage of blind idiots who will follow any order without considering consequences of their actions. These "bad apples" are going to ruin it for everyone.

And some of you expect us to just sit back and take this

edit on 30-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Here is the Twitter page for occupy Denver. I'm not one to follow Twitter, but for those of you who might want to see the tweets.

OccupyDenver

Lots of interesting accounts and links to pictures. I will see if I can download some of them.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It's not a case of "bad apples." if it were just "bad apples," they would be found and removed.

They aren't. They're enfolded and protected.

Thus the problem is not a few bad individuals - it's systemic. The only "good cops" are those tiny, tiny few who take a stand against the "bad cops" - everyone who doesn't take such a stand thus becomes, by definition, one of the bad cops.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

It's not a case of "bad apples." if it were just "bad apples," they would be found and removed.

They aren't. They're enfolded and protected.

Thus the problem is not a few bad individuals - it's systemic. The only "good cops" are those tiny, tiny few who take a stand against the "bad cops" - everyone who doesn't take such a stand thus becomes, by definition, one of the bad cops.

I agree with you. I used bad apples because I know not all cops are bad. It's just there comes a point when they need to realize they are doing an evil job. Shooting protestors and using tear gas is bad. Once you do that to your own people, you are a bad apple.

I personally thought that they would never let it get this bad and would revolt when they were asked to do this. I guess people were right when they say that they select these morons for a reason. These thugs like following orders and believing they are part of the elite crowd.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Here is one of the tweets. There seem to be a lot. I'm not very skilled in navigating Twitter

OccupyDenver
@DenverPolice chocking handcuffed #OccupyDenver protestor after rubber bullet/pepper spray incident cot.ag/uk4CDn #ows #occupyto 3 hours ago

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Most people enter some sort of service for good reasons. Teachers want to help kids learn. Paramedics and firefighters want to save lives. Soldiers want to protect their nation.

Maybe there are still plenty of police who sign on to protect their communities. But it seems that a lot of them sign on because it's macho, without the risks or discipline of military enlistment. it's a "my sack is soooooo big!" kind of thing.

We need more Andy Taylors and fewer Officer Barbrady's.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Denver PD Use of Force policy
www.denvergov.org...

When more details/video become available, compare recent events to the Denver Police Department's own policies on the use of "less-lethal" weapons. I'm sure we'll discover that the DPD's actions were restrained, measured and entirely appropriate - LOL sure thing.

The injuries in those photos above were made by "pepperballs" which are basically a paintball filled with an irritant which is released on contact. Those injuries were not the result of the use of "rubber bullets" or "beanbag rounds".

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mclmm

What ever those people got shot with was painful. I wouldn't call that using restraint either. I call it an abuse of power.

new topics

top topics

join