It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you suggest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
in a finite world with finite resources where only a small percent actually make the things people need, while everyone else pushes pencils. Do we just continue to grow exponetially and continue to destroy the earth? Or do we reign in the ropes and start living in harmony with nature?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So you guys can talk all day about what's wrong with globalism, but when the other side of the debate is brought up there's nothing?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think most people would rather just pretend there aren't limits to what the planet can handle and opt for some unplanned chaotic recalibration out of necessity than an orderly advance.

The interesting thing, though, is from the birth rate perspective, the west is more or less in balance as are countries like Japan and China has taken care of its issues. It's a much bigger problem in the third world, but as mortality rates are considerably higher there, it balances out somewhat.

As far as food and energy production, I think we're hoping for a technological solution because we only have a finite amount of hydrocarbon fuels, and the choices will get dirtier and dirtier.

Do I believe we should focus on sustainability? Absolutely. But I'd be scared to death of what a government would do to enforce it. I do think, as always, the responsibility is on people to inform themselves and live ethically. Unfortunately, our whole system is designed to discourage that level of thought. :/

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I suggest pipping hot pancakes with lots of real butter and maple syrup, at a table surrounded with friends.

Sorry I am hungry.... and that sounded logical at the moment.

edit on 30-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
release the ufo tech to ford.start mining ops on the solar system.convert mars into terra nova.redirect ice comets at mars first.moon becomes a toxic factory industrial park.new minerals are diverted there to increase mass of moon to increase tidal pull.stimulating healthier ecosystem.solar power in space used to power spacecraft in giant space port.space ships contracted to collect space debree.geosych motels in space are new com companies since platforms big enough for all antennaes.english becomes world language.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
do not worry the earth can and will take care of it self , by getting rid of us one by one, a few 1,000 here a few 100,000 there, it will all add up in the end. we would open our eyes if a million went in one day , but that would prove or disprove( depending on what side of the fence your on) that there is a god. ask your self this how many in a year die in the world ? can you find out, by man vs man, wars, drugs, and man made causes. Then by nature, floods, storms, fire, EQ's and weather heat /cold exposure. i think if you do the math... Nature does man in more, than man does man.
edit on 30-10-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
do not worry the earth can and will take care of it self , by getting rid of us one by one, a few 1,000 here a few 100,000 there, it will all add up in the end. we would open our eyes if a million went in one day , but that would prove or disprove( depending on what side of the fence your on) that there is a god. ask your self this how many in a year die in the world ? can you find out, by man vs man, wars, drugs, and man made causes. Then by nature, floods, storms, fire, EQ's and weather heat /cold exposure. i think if you do the math... Nature does man in more, than man does man.
edit on 30-10-2011 by bekod because: editting

I hope the people who provide dairy products and maple syrup are not the first to go....

new topics

top topics

join