It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The smear campaign against Scott Olsen

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You all know about the Iraq war vetran, and Marine, Scott Olsen who was critically wounded during the Occupy Protests at Oakland California, right?

And have you heard about his supposed ownership of the "www.IHateTheMarines.com" website?

Yeah... turns out that it is a clever hoax, a forgery.

Here is the Google Cache for the WHOIS Registration of "www.IHateTheMarines.com" website from about october 22.

Note that it is Registered to a Mr. Shiver Metimbers

In the Great City of Balszak, Wisconsin

(Get it? Balszak? Lol)

More info Here:
market-ticker.org...

Ok, let's pick through it.

First, Scott is allegedly from Wisconsin, not Milan Illinois. Strike 1.

Second: Created on: 28-Jan-09. Where was Scott on 28 January 2009?

According to what I can ascertain from the public record he was in Iraq on deployment on that date. Strike 2? Maybe.

Now sure, he could have still created the domain I suppose. But where would have gotten the address, and is anything there? Let's look.

Oh oh.... now we got problems. Not only is there something there (look at the address in Street View) but it also pops up as an address for a company called "SRH Roofing". The owner is listed as one Shawn Hicks - no match. We'll reserve the strike for now.

But we got a couple of other problems. There are Google Cache entries within the last couple of days that validate that certain people have tampered with the Whois returns in their alleged "reporting".

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

All i have to say is wow and great find. I gave you a star and a flag. Your thread interested me greatly.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I remember the day when forgeries were done correctly. Scott Olsen is clearly a threat in his state of health. He clearly meant for that object to hit him so he could get back at the police and the state.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What about this page...

www.ihatethemarinecorps.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Scott Olsen...I hate the Marines

Try this link

This is the internet...nothing is as it seems.
edit on 29-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Already a thread here. Though it has somewhat degenerated into a pissing match.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also one of your links has been updated with.

Update #2: A person with access to historical access to the Whois data has a copy of that registration with old timestamps. It appears it was authentic at that time. Therefore, case closed on the original point since it appears that the historical record shown was at that time accurate, although how it came to be in Google's cache on 22 October.... well, that's a good (and remaining) question now isn't it since it was not valid for more than a year prior at that point.... I questioned whether this was the case originally (thus the question mark) as there were legitimate explanations - and it appears there is one. So there you have it.

Market Ticker
edit on 29-10-2011 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Because people can only hack into a database once, right?

It's impossible to cover their tracks... lol

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Either way, I do not care!
He was a person injured while doing something good.
Secondly as far as I know anyone who ever was a Marine has said I hate the corps, quickly backed up with an uurah.
Words are just that, but when it boils down to it, any of those guys outta uniform would jump right back into it if they got a call to do so and not think twice about it.
It's all crap and spin, someone got unjustly hurt and they are trying to cover it up.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Agreed. Just look up Chris Rogers on google images. You will go through multiple pages and never see a pic of me. Even refining the search to my work only returns one image. I don't go out of my way to be hidden, but then I am also not in the news.

So how many Scott Olsens are there in Marines? I have no way of knowing, nor does any other average civilian.

Also, *places tin foil hat in correct location*, internet archives are just digital information. They are controlled by some of the biggest players in the business. Nothing controversial should ever be considered "reliable".

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Either way, I do not care!
He was a person injured while doing something good.

Agreed.

Secondly as far as I know anyone who ever was a Marine has said I hate the corps, quickly backed up with an uurah.

Fair Enough.

It's all crap and spin, someone got unjustly hurt and they are trying to cover it up.

I completely agree with you.

It seems that they didn't cover it up completely though, and some cracks are showing...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Seems to me that someone is afraid that Scott will become a rallying cry for us and might pull some of the sheep off the fence. They probably think that if they can make him look bad, then their little sheep will climb back on that fence and not pose a problem for the true "man behind the curtain", the Rothschild crime syndicate.
S+F for you OP

Shaade

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Scott Olsen is from Onalaska, Wisconsin there was an article in our local paper giving a little information about him and his family. Here is the website for the article Lacrosse Tribune

"I think now the people involved with Occupy Wall Street are saying, ‘Here is our poster child,'" said George Nygaard, Olsen's uncle who lives in Chaseburg. "Here's somebody who is a symbol of attacking the wrong people."

It kinda gives a understanding about what type of person he is and a little info about how he ended up being there that night.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

S&F

the attacks against OWS are increasing and getting nastier, the "eat SHT and die" flyer, the cop killer flyer, the attack on olsen failed to intimidate and now they're having to demonize the guy, not to mention the disinfo campaign here and on other forums

and it seems the 1% or their enforcers have now upped ante to sex attacks against OWSers

OWS protester sexually assaulted by someone not associated with protests
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by whyamIhere

So how many Scott Olsens are there in Marines? I have no way of knowing, nor does any other average civilian.

Well I'm an inactive Marine and my name is Scott Olson. It's a fairly common name. Take a look at a Minneapolis phone book and there are several pages of Olsen and Olson's.
It's a damn shame what is becoming of this country when we have to disparage a soldier who was standing up for what he believes in. It's a shame we are firing at our own people here in the USA. It's a shame there are people out there with such evil intent as to smear a guy who is lying in a hospital bed trying to get healthy. Well I guess it takes all types. I mean we all know someone who you would describe as 'an ugly American' right? You know an ignorant slob who is clueless and thinks because they are an American citizen they're entitled to be a P.O.S. because the 'constitution' says so.
If and when the SHTF those ugly Americans can be FEMA fodder as far as I care!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is what they do best. And guess what?
This is what we do best
Glad you found some information debunking this, it makes sense, it seemed fishy to me all along..
I doubt he hated the marines, he did very well for himself.
And he is a member of Veterans for peace, maybe he hates what the marines do, as opposed to the actual marines. Since he is anti-war.

And the whois information was tampered with, greatly. I bet every single thing there is not fact, someone tired tho =P

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This could be very dangerous for the man himself if the powers have an interest in him not getting better and being able to speak his own opinion to the world... And I think its not necessarily that they think us will be a rallying cry to the people, but they are very worried about losing control of one of their most powerful tools: the men and women serving in the military itself. They need the dedication of these people to do anything asked of them. That's why this campaign is focusing on him being a traitor of sorts, so that another military member will not want to stand next to him or on his behalf.

As another person said, it doesn't matter if its true... He has every right to hate the marine corp. It doesn't mean he hates the marines themselves... I feel confident that he would stand next to them any day.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Great find lets hope somehow this can get out to the Main Stream.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
nice work ATS!

new topics

top topics

join