It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous threaten to expose cartel's secret

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sadly, I don't think that this has anything to do with anonymous. I personally believe that this is just a type of fan video, made because of an "alleged" kidnapping of an anon-member who took part in a protest.

By looking at the Youtube-channel, there is nothing that suggest that this has anything to do with any other channel that anonymous previously have used to spread their message.

Thanks for bringing this up, but I'm almost sure it's non-legit/hoax.

For those who doesn't speak spanish, there is also an english version here:

edit on 30-10-2011 by Zyril because: Adding english video-version.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
How do they know if we are with them or not?

I would certainly hope Anon to come to my rescue, but how would the possibly know my affiliation?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zyril

Sadly, I don't think that this has anything to do with anonymous. I personally believe that this is just a type of fan video, made because of an "alleged" kidnapping of an anon-member who took part in a protest.

You are missing the point. You could make an Anon video if you wished it would not make it any less or more authentic than any others.
It is a movement organic in nature and the proof is in the pudding.. Are any Anon working on this.. Yes they are go and have a look at #Opcartel for a start.

Anonymous doxes first MX gov official: from Tabasco state, accused of protecting narcos

www.reddit.com...

The operation only started today and sofar there is no website for it...

edit on 30-10-2011 by purplemer because: error 404 zeta not found....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
First site hacked.....

Now reads Gustavo Rosairo is Zeta...

www.gustavorosario.com...

Anon Mexico

Anyone getting involved in this please stay secure . These peeps really do not mess around.

edit on 30-10-2011 by purplemer because: error 404 zeta not found....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

it will publish the identities and addresses of the syndicate's associates, from corrupt police to taxi drivers, as well as reveal the syndicates' businesses.

Roughly translated as: ''we will post identities and addresses of poor, unfortunate Mexican randoms for the lulz, with absolutely no proof to link them to any cartels''.

Anonykids = disgusting inadequates.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

No it is not random it is specifics are being chosen. Many of these peeps are known it just needs a little work.

ps like your avatar.
edit on 30-10-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Mexican Drug Cartels Crack Down on Social Media, Gruesomely

Perhaps taking a page from Middle Eastern despots clinging to power, Mexican drug cartels are cracking down on their critics on social networks. The bodies of a man and a woman were found hanging from a pedestrian bridge in Nuevo Laredo, a border town, and nearby signs indicated the pair had been killed for denouncing the cartels on social networks, Mariano Castillo reports for CNN. "This is going to happen to all of those posting funny things on the internet... You better (expletive) pay attention. I'm about to get you," one sign said. The victims had been tortured, Castillo writes:

www.theatlanticwire.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

ladies and gentlemen... opcartel...

For those who are unfamiliar with Los Zetas Los Zetas is the second most powerful drug drug cartel in Mexico, and considered by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration as the most violent drug cartel and paramilitary enforcement group in Mexico. Los Zetas is a criminal organization dedicated mostly to international illegal drug trade, assassinations, extortion, kidnapping and other organized crime activities. Los Zetas was founded by a group of over 30 former Mexican Army Special Forces deserters, and includes corrupt former federal, state, and local police officers as well as ex-kaibiles from Guatemala. The government in Mexico is severely corrupted and the people are afraid for their lives.

If you have any tips or info about the los zetas or cartel, anonymously send an email to [email protected] USE A FAKE EMAIL! Or tell us anonymously.

www.tumblr.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

it will publish the identities and addresses of the syndicate's associates, from corrupt police to taxi drivers, as well as reveal the syndicates' businesses.

Roughly translated as: ''we will post identities and addresses of poor, unfortunate Mexican randoms for the lulz, with absolutely no proof to link them to any cartels''.

Anonykids = disgusting inadequates.

Yeah, because Mexican government officials haven't been bought off before, or killed
Why don't you let this play out before you make such gross assumptions......
edit on 30-10-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So they are going to fuel the gang wars?

The page is still defaced and reads Gustavo Rosario is Zeta in Spanish.

That's great but where is the proof? I can say purplemer is jesus dosen't make it true.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing this out to me! I admit I was wrong! =)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Just for the records. No I am not Jesus.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Poor analogy.

How about, if you hand a knife to someone that has stabbed a thousand people already, and he turns around and stabs someone with it are you responsible.
The answer is yes you are responsible.
edit on 31-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I really hope they are not accusing the wrong people - this is more like a lynch mob running amok. Where are the evidences? How can we be sure that only "real" drug kingpins are accused? Everyone could be named, there is simply no verification.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I think in Mexico a lot of people know who these members are. They cannot report them for fear of reprisal.You can now report zeta members anon... I dont think it is a witch hunt.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I think you have the processes of justice mixed up. You don't have to ensure that the accused are actually guilty. That is the duty of the investigators to decide the validity of, and a judge/jury to decide the veracity of. Even Mexico has processes in place.....they just aren't relevant at the end of a gun.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't think that a retired attorney, accused of drug-dealing, has to fear anything from legal justice. I don't think that his buddies would intimidate him.

On the contrary I'm quite sure that the "competing" drug-cartels are always thankful for the naming of high-level members of the Zeta cartel. They surely would use some simpler, more direct and lethal ways to deal with known Zeta-Members..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You ain't from around here, are you?

Everyone knows who "they" are. The ones in my town, I know who they are. When the Latin Kings came into town to challenge them, everyone knew who they were, too.

If it is a big secret, it is poorly kept. And I am not of that crowd, either. I am a parent, civic minded citizen, and business man.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Wow... Does Anonymous completely understand what they are wading into? The Zetas arent just a drug cartel. Its compose of members of the Mexican Special Forces that changed loyalties a some years back and went into business for themselves.

This is not the typical drug cartel....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I agree. The Zetas are not an organization I would want to mess with. They are not a bunch of thug gangbangers looking to score a couple of bucks selling pot on a street corner. They are highly sophisticated at the top brass. Didn't I read somewhere the Mexican government jsut dismantled an independent cellular network the Zetas built to communicate with each other? They build drug submarines. Granted not the prettiest subs, but they get the job done. I highly doubt a group of thugs have the mentality to produce schematics and produce a working submarine.

I commend Anon for attempting a movement against Zetas. I just now fear for the lives of a lot of innocent people. This is how I see it playing out:
Zetas do not release alledged kipnapped victim.
Anon posts names, addresses, etc of low rank individuals in the organization.
Zetas respond by offing those exposed. Then, killing family members and friends of those exposed to prove their point. Everyone is collateral damage. You expose us and say something ill-hearted about us, you are killing innocent people.

All I see coming from this is more violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join