It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio mock zombie outbreak inspired by CDC message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Ohio mock zombie outbreak inspired by CDC message

www.abc6onyourside.com

The exercise was inspired by a blog message and tongue-in-cheek posters from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that urged people to be prepared for a "zombie apocalypse" in hopes that it would prepare them for other potential emergencies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
so officials in Ohio and Kansas (see story) are using the Zombie Preparedness web page to run mock 'drills' to prepare rescue workers for walking corpses in the streets....

But wait.. wasn't the person who green-lit the Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness page at the CDC... um.. oh yeah.. she was a pedophile who liked sex with children and animals... link - www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks Ohio and Kansas county offiials. You sure do put your tax dollars where it counts.

scoff scoff.. snicker.. nothing gets by US here at ATS right! we know bs and tomfoolery hoxiness when we see it! there could never be a zombie outbreak.. i mean who would want to release a flu that has the infected ravenously search out others to infect and kill right . i mean.. who th hell would want to put a giant dent in the 7 billion world population... i mean that's absurd right.. i mean impossible.. and people wouldn't be making preperations and spending tax dollars etc on it .... right....

you dont want to admit it but you know its gonna happen... nov 9 man...

www.abc6onyourside.com

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
you seriously believe in a zombie outbreak?

I know its halloween and all I figured people dressed up like zombies and went running around the city. did that in toronto a few years back

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

. she was a pedophile who liked sex with children and animals.
reply to post by prevenge

How disgusting and now she's into this Zombie thing -
some people.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Zombies are an allusion to a societal breakdown and ultimately collapse into rogue groups of armed people.

The zombie is an easy way of learning to shoot your neighbour because he is going to steal your food or eat you (cannabalism)

That's in current terms. It used to have a different connotation in Haitan voodoo..it only gained ground in the late 19th century, in North American and European folklore.

The term itself, is applied to "describe a hypnotized person bereft of consciousness and self-awareness".

When people need food and water, they will do anything. To survive.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Actually on the History Channel,they have a program on i think it is tonight also on Zombie Apocalypse which they talk about which guns and bugging in and out is the best way in case of zombie outbreak,also they talk about a bio weapon which could create the outbreak

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Zombie is such a racist term.
I prefer "undead American".

Wht kind of zombie did they mean though?
Romero-type?
or
28 Days Later- type?

The difference is a machete or a sniper rifle.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Definitely some negative vibes in this thread...

I bet y'all will be thankful for these drills when you find yourself in the resistance of the great zombie apocalypse of 2024

Best line from Left 4 Dead:
Bill: "You call this a zombie apocalypse? It don't hold a candle to the great zombie attack of 1957!"
edit on 29-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
if the comment about which type of zombie it would be a virus type zombie

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I wish I had known about this and I was there

I woulda got my old paintball gun out and had a great day of shooting them/trying not to get eaten

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Say what you want, this is the best PR the CDC has ever had! Mission accomplished, they raised awareness about the CDC and Zombie preparedness! (obviously this is aimed at getting youth interested and involved)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

so officials in Ohio and Kansas (see story) are using the Zombie Preparedness web page to run mock 'drills' to prepare rescue workers for walking corpses in the streets....

But wait.. wasn't the person who green-lit the Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness page at the CDC... um.. oh yeah.. she was a pedophile who liked sex with children and animals... link - www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks Ohio and Kansas county offiials. You sure do put your tax dollars where it counts.

scoff scoff.. snicker.. nothing gets by US here at ATS right! we know bs and tomfoolery hoxiness when we see it! there could never be a zombie outbreak.. i mean who would want to release a flu that has the infected ravenously search out others to infect and kill right . i mean.. who th hell would want to put a giant dent in the 7 billion world population... i mean that's absurd right.. i mean impossible.. and people wouldn't be making preperations and spending tax dollars etc on it .... right....

you dont want to admit it but you know its gonna happen... nov 9 man...

www.abc6onyourside.com

We've done zombie walks in BC alot .... I've heard many major cities do them all the time, at various times through out the year...... Alberta and Toronto I know do it for sure as well... just for kicks... one year some buddies and me went as Umbrella corp and shot em up. It was sick.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You know how "Those people" are.
They take take take...eat eat eat

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/yr4e8c74e3.jpg[/atsimg]

oh wait.
This isnt a OWS thread?

edit on 29-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Atlanta (CNN) -- An official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been arrested and charged with two counts of child molestation and one count of bestiality, police said.

Police arrested Dr. Kimberly Quinlan Lindsey, 44, in DeKalb County, Georgia, on Sunday.

Prior to her current role, Lindsey was the senior health scientist in the Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response. That office oversees the allocation process for $1.5 billion in terrorism preparedness.

In her 12 years at the CDC, Lindsey has received 12 awards for outstanding performance on projects and programs, according to her bio on Emory University's Biological and Biomedical Sciences website. Lindsey earned her doctorate in immunology and molecular pathogenesis from the university in 1998, a year before she began work at the CDC.

Another high level nut exposed.

Did she have student grants ?

I wonder if the movie "Pet Sematary" inspired her

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I wonder if this is occuring elsewhere. I saw many people dressed up as Zombies today in Melbourne Australia, where we do not celebrate Halloween. I was rather confused, I figured they were looking for a reaction or somthing along those lines.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by beezzer

You know how "Those people" are.
They take take take...eat eat eat

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/yr4e8c74e3.jpg[/atsimg]

oh wait.
This isnt a OWS thread?

edit on 29-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Funniest dang post in a loooong time.
It'd be funny showing up at Wall Street with a machete and a cross bow!

edit on 30-10-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Zombie Apocalypse!? Quick, check these urban survival skills - www.lynxeffect.com... you'll all be just fine!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
the threat of a zombie outbreak is not to outlandish,take for instant the mad cow disease which in humans it is called Creutzfeldt-Jacbob disease,and it does show symptons that can be called zombie related,change in gait,lack of coordination,muscle twitching stiffness,confusion,disorientation,rapid delirium,and dementia,plus speech impairment.In Africa they called it Kuru after a tribe practice cannibalism and was infected eating the diseased brains of a victim, source www.ifyouwereazombie.com/33-zombies-mad-cows-and-you.html

top topics

join