It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-11-11: Asteroid YU55 May Hit the Moon! - How would this affect Earth if happens??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Sorry if it seemed as if I was blowing a fuse. I didn't mean it to sound that way at all. I was at work and was in a hurry. It was an all-around bad day today. The post did come off as if I was being a bit short with you. So for that I apologize.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
fraud/frôd/
Noun:

Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

wow, really? who is more likely to defraud us when an asteroid IS eventually likely to impact (not necessarily YU55):

1 - our government

2- an individual?

(given track history and all)
edit on 29-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

I would say Hoagland, unless you still believe Elenin is a tetrahedral spaceship. You keep smoking whatever it is you got though.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
News flash, the moon gets hit by asteroids all the time. Unless its actually half the size of the moon or something I doubt anything is going to happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by ignant

Who do you believe, NASA or this Richard C. Hoagland fellow?

Richard Charles Hoagland, (born April 25, 1945) is an American author and a proponent of various conspiracy theories about NASA, lost alien civilizations on the Moon and on Mars and other related topics.

Hoagland has been described by James Oberg of The Space Review and Phil Plait of Bad Astronomy as a conspiracy theorist and fringe thinker.

I'm going with NASA.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

Good. That is what they want.

I hope so, everyone should want to be more credible than Hoagland. Do you think YOU are more credible than Hoagland, or is he more credible than you?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

so hes the only considering the possibility.

yea rite

No there are plenty of other Ignorant people (or should i say Ignant people?) that are saying this, much like the same people said Elenin was going to be the end of the world. Basically anyone that is not interested in actual evidence and real science.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar

Originally posted by pazcat
lol, Hoagland.

Elenin is a spaceship.
Idiot.

My thought was that Elenin was being remotely controlled by evil aliens and they meant it to hit Earth.

BUT the good guys (super ET humans) intercepted Comet Elenin and shot it with a A plasma-based planetary missile defense weapon, the timing of which made it appear that a static shock hit Elenin as it passed Jupiter.

That is not at all what actually happened though. It did not survive perihelion, it had nothing to do with passing Jupiter, it was the sun.Even if you think ET was involved, passing Jupiter was not when anything occured, stop wathing YT for your news.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
News flash, the moon gets hit by asteroids all the time. Unless its actually half the size of the moon or something I doubt anything is going to happen.

A few have said this but I have to ask,

When was the last time an asteroid of this size or mass hit the moon and what effect did it have on earth??

BTW, I don't believe it will hit, just asking as I don't recall EVER hearing of a large asteroid hitting the moon before..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Ok, no probs, no worries, we is cool my brother.

Regarding the Moon, our Astronauts couldn't dig more than an inch into the surface beneath the dust and our surface scans have detected lots of Titanium and Aluminium.

I have a hunch the Moon is pretty much made of Titanium as that would explain why it hasn't collapsed given it's many hollow spaces in it's interior and why it rings like bell for days when struck hard.

Really the Moon is the biggest Oopart in the Solar system..(that's an out of place artifact for those that don't know what an oopart is)..so i would really like to see something big hit it as this might solve some of the questions surrounding our enigmatic sibling.

I believe there are seismometers on the surface and we can do some spectrography from Earth.

The pessimist in me thinks it will probably miss the target and carry on it's merry way around the system..oh well, maybe next time.

Cosmic...
edit on 31-10-2011 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2011 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If an asteroid or comet hit the Moon with such an impact as to destroy it, the sheer energy would smash most of it in to our atmosphere which would end up cooling the Earth down massively, life would more than likely end or at least be reduced where by all that remained would be some insects, bacteria etc. Life would change dramatically, tides would cease, weather systems would change, perhaps becoming far more intense, a load of hassle that I should imagine not one Human would be able to live through.

I very much doubt this is going to happen, but if it does, there would be nothing anyone could do so no point worrying.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What I wonder is. If the moon did get removed from our orbit would it free up gravitational forces on earth and make everything on earth weigh more or less? Could this be the reason the dinosaurs died? The moon could have been part of the earth at one time and something hit earth made the moon and earths gravity was possibly different by this event? I mean prehistortic insects could exsist then cause they say oxegen levels where higher then. But could it all have been just gravity? I mean if all of a sudden you weighed more it could be very taxing depending on how much weight. I allways wondered why back in prehistoric dates everything is so large?
edit on 31-10-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ahhh my eyes left the OP as soon as his name was mentioned. Hoagland is a joke, robot skulls on the moon etc. My favorite one is when all the Elenin hype was around and Hoagland couldn't make a connection with a certain word so he found a computer game with the same word in the title, something like Ottomatic. It just so happened that the game was about a robot from Mars or something Hoagland jumps on the what are they trying to tell us wagon and waffled on for another 40 minutes about this game being a "Warning" lol.... Oh Richard... such a treat

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

"Oct 29, 2011- Richard Hoagland, last night that YU-55 would likely HIT the MOON on NOV 9, 2011."

YU-55 approach movie
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

I wouldn't pay much attention to Hoagland to be honest.

However, the NASA JPL animation you posted is worth double checking. The white diagonal line that goes through earth is earth's orbital path around the sun.

NASA would have you believe that YU55's trajectory is at right angles to earth's trajectory. It is not.
The image is wrong.

st.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So for all those that believe NASA knows that it will hit or could hit the Earth and is keeping this information hidden, what do you think they will say after the event?

"Sorry, we miscalculated. We'll try better next time. Yeah, we just held a news conference at the end of September and played it cool, but this one got past the goalie. Please don't take our funding away."

How do they put the genie back in the bottle after this happens?

???
edit on 31-10-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
So for all those that believe NASA knows that it will hit or could hit the Earth and is keeping this information hidden, what do you think they will say after the event?

"Sorry, we miscalculated. We'll try better next time. Yeah, we just held a news conference at the end of September and played it cool, but this one got past the goalie. Please don't take our funding away."

???

they wouldnt have to say anything... it would be at this time the NWO would be in complete control and it wouldnt matter what they would or would not say. People would do what they are told or peace out they gone.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishman1985

Originally posted by ColAngus

???

they wouldnt have to say anything... it would be at this time the NWO would be in complete control and it wouldnt matter what they would or would not say. People would do what they are told or peace out they gone.

Anybody without a tinfoil hat on care to give it a go?

2nd.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If the UARS satellite reentry has proven anything, its that we dont know much about what the precise trajectory of near earth objects are, we only know they are coming close by.

The fact that this rock is coming this close to the moon and the earth gives me enough cause for worry.

I hope its a clean miss.

-GM

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well, the US was able to stop ELENIN.

The tiny YU55 asteroid will be much cheaper to knock out of the sky, assuming that it's a threat.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Haven't had time to read the whole thread.. Also I am not sure if this totally applies to a collision with the moon
impact.ese.ic.ac.uk...

Have fun...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

That is fun to play with, gives you an idea of survivability of impacts

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

i was up last night around 2 am pacific time. and i saw this Test Broadcast! holy #!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join