It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayans and 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What did the Mayans try to tell to us? about dec 21st 2012... is there supposed to be some kind of "golden age"?
and what does that even mean... or is that date the year we finally make contact with ET's? some speculate that the Mayans were Alien hybrids... i dont believe that..if they were why did they use stones to create art?
is it the end of their calendar cycle? just like ours ends on Dec 31st and a new one begins (i mean a new year begins, the calendar stays the same)

i want your opinions.

is it a fraud just like Harold Camping?

or is something really going to happen?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It is my understanding that the Mayan long count turns over on Dec. 21, 2012. The calendar does not 'end', it changes to a new long count cycle. The concerns are that the Mayan calendar was supposedly very accurate in predicting world-changing (or at least culture-changing) events based on the various cycles, and the period just prior to the end of the long count was supposed to be a time of great evil.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

well that makes more sense than some crazies preaching the end is near >__>

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Are their a hundred different opinions on what the mayans said would change or is their a general consensus ?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

I don't know what you mean by that.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
All fraud. They couldn't even pick their own demise.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
All fraud. They couldn't even pick their own demise.

or they simply went away with their "friends" ?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

well I think its the end of masons.....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

actually they knew they were going to be killed thats why they stood and fought...most of them died

and i dont believe its totally a fraud...how can you be so sure? what if something happens on the 14th not the 21st?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Maybe its the wrong time of the month for me and im just in a bad mood, and your intent on bringing up the subject of mayans and the 2012 thing could be totally innocent and your really just genuinely interested, but i couldnt help but feel that now 28/10 is out of the way, people might start jumping on the dec 2012 bandwagon again, i might be wrong but ive had a gut full of end of world predictions.
no offence intended in what i just wroute.

new topics

top topics

join