It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul targets terrorists ... inside US government

page: 1

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
www.wnd.com...

DES MOINES, Iowa – Ron Paul told a group of conservative Republicans today that he fears the terror tactics of America's own government more than Islamist threats from overseas.

'I fear erosion of our liberties, economy more than any foreign adversary'

"Our government, instead of protecting our privacy and protecting our Fourth Amendment rights," Paul said, "they protect the secrecy of government and they invade on your privacy."

Paul criticized "50,000 SWAT break-ins without proper search warrants" in the federal government's war on drugs, Obama's decision to assassinate American citizens, including Anwar al-Alwaki, and the Patriot Act of 2001.

"We way overreacted – over my objection – right after 9/11," Paul said. "I see no benefit and no purpose – it undermines liberty – the fact that Congress passed and placed on us the Patriot Act. It should be repealed."
After blasting the federal government's lack of transparency and violation of the U.S. Constitution in both foreign and domestic policy, Paul concluded, "I fear the erosion of our liberties and our economy here at home more than I do any foreign adversary."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's not much that I can even say, for Ron Paul has taken the words right out of my mouth lol.

edit on 29/10/11 by masqua because: added ex tags for external content

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
he speaks the truth... i wish people would stop being so blind and scared. lets hope he makes it to office in 2012. great post!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thank goodness for the voice or reason ... it only takes one to speak the truth.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
S + F.

reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
DES MOINES, Iowa – Ron Paul told a group of conservative Republicans today that he fears the terror tactics of America's own government more than Islamist threats from overseas.

Realize this was not your quote but from the article. Ron Paul didnt call them "terror tactics" explicitly, though I'm sure this will be spun into something like "Ron Paul labels America/the US government as terrorists".

This will be the line of choice for their latest smear campaign:

"I fear the erosion of our liberties and our economy here at home more than I do any foreign adversary."

Why do people fail to realize that evil is evil. Its not ok to overthrow democracies, its not ok to install and fund dictators. Its not ok to wage wars based on money, mineral wealth and geographical importance. Its actually quite evil.

However, these are the SAME people who are running OUR government. As history has proven, this evil always comes home. Unfortunately, it looks like they've now turned their gaze on us.

edit on 29-10-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Give 'em a spanking Ron!

Peace
edit on 29-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
One of the few voices of reason in the political world.
Ron Paul 2012

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
S + F.

Realize this was not your quote but from the article. Ron Paul didnt call them "terror tactics" explicitly, though I'm sure this will be spun into something like "Ron Paul labels America/the US government as terrorists".

This will be the line of choice for their latest smear campaign:

"I fear the erosion of our liberties and our economy here at home more than I do any foreign adversary."

Why do people fail to realize that evil is evil. Its not ok to overthrow democracies, its not ok to install and fund dictators. Its not ok to wage wars based on money, mineral wealth and geographical importance. Its actually quite evil.

However, these are the SAME people who are running OUR government. As history has proven, this evil always comes home. Unfortunately, it looks like they've now turned their gaze on us.

Realize this is not my quote? Are you serious. I'm pretty sure that would be obvious to anybody who chooses to actually read the article
And I separated what I had to say from the article with
------------------------------------------------------------------
i'm somewhat new to the site, as you could see if you chose to look. So I didn't know how to really separate the two, i figured I would just draw a line.

And obviously he didn't call members of congress of the president a terrorist, you think Ron Paul would commit political suicide like that?
Plus, i'm pretty sure there would be even legal ramifications if he were to make such a statement.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Huh? Why are you being so defensive? Where was the criticism/attack? Everything I said was directed at TPTB...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i dont have a problem calling them terrorist.even inactivity in congress brings fear.just about everything that happens in dc brings terror in one form or another.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Breaking into someone's house in masks and riot gear, armed with assault rifles, without a search warrant, makes someone a #ing terrorist. Damn straight 'I fear erosion of our liberties... more than any foreign adversary'. I've never been attacked by any "terrorist" other than the local and federal law enforcement agencies. By the way, none of us were arrested, or even charged with any crimes when this happened to my family and I.
Ron Paul is our last hope before this turns into Nazi Germany.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thanks for posting, S&F!

In addition to scathing criticism of the Federal Reserve, deficit spending and the Solyndra and "Fast and Furious" scandals, Paul made several comments about U.S. foreign policy.

I'm happy to see he is talking about the sinister "operation" that is Operation Fast & Furious/Project Gunrunner. Lets not let this scandal fall by the way side.

The Gunwalker ATF Scandal Timeline

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hopefully ron paul will soon tell the truth about 911. It was controlled demo by terrorists in our govt. Every member of congress knows it but none will say it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I just left there it was great. The results have come in Iowa vote 82% for Ron Paul. Out of state vote Ron Paul won by 26% with Cain coming in second. It was the National Federation of Republican Assemblies Straw poll. The delegates were voting as I left to decide who they were endorsing.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Hopefully ron paul will soon tell the truth about 911. It was controlled demo by terrorists in our govt. Every member of congress knows it but none will say it.

Hopefully he does not.. lest he smother any hope he or the rest of us have at him getting elected. There are a lot of other people in this country... a lot of people that do not have ATS accounts..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Fantastic summary, I'm English and so hope you guy's can turn this monsterous blood sucking leech around,

I honestly believe George Bush Snr was the trigger for this evil; procession, as soon as he got into Politics,

Keep the faith

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

And obviously he didn't call members of congress of the president a terrorist, you think Ron Paul would commit political suicide like that?
Plus, i'm pretty sure there would be even legal ramifications if he were to make such a statement.

Nah, for Ron it wouldn't be political suicide, and no legal rams, 1st Amendment, baby.

BTW, S&F great post

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I looked on Wikipedia the other day and read the US still had 50,000 troops in Germany. Is there any reasonable explanation why we need so many troops there after all this time? Seems to me that would be an easy way to cut alot of military spending.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Hopefully he does not.. lest he smother any hope he or the rest of us have at him getting elected. There are a lot of other people in this country... a lot of people that do not have ATS accounts..

As long as he supports the lies of 911, you can't trust him. You probably thought obama was gonna change things too. I still think ron paul is part of the controlled opposition.

top topics

join