It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageous – Foreclosure mill Halloween Party Photos show contempt of homeless

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The pictures in this article are from last year but the revealing of them is current.

A sample of the photos is below

©NYT

This is beyond all belief that they find the plight of American home owners so laughable that they do this?

N Y Times

repeated in Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

On Friday, the law firm of Steven J. Baum threw a Halloween party. The firm, which is located near Buffalo, is what is commonly referred to as a “foreclosure mill” firm, meaning it represents banks and mortgage servicers as they attempt to foreclose on homeowners and evict them from their homes. Steven J. Baum is, in fact, the largest such firm in New York; it represents virtually all the giant mortgage lenders, including Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo.

The party is the firm’s big annual bash. Employees wear Halloween costumes to the office, where they party until around noon, and then return to work, still in costume. I can’t tell you how people dressed for this year’s party, but I can tell you about last year’s.

That’s because a former employee of Steven J. Baum recently sent me snapshots of last year’s party. In an e-mail, she said that she wanted me to see them because they showed an appalling lack of compassion toward the homeowners — invariably poor and down on their luck — that the Baum firm had brought foreclosure proceedings against.

I am completely speechless. These people need to be shown the error of their ways. I will refrain from making suggestions as to what should be done with them.

edit on 29/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yes. It's us vs them.
Surprised?
I'm not.
So, what I have to say is, stop crying and do something about it.
Screw turning the other cheek on these greasy yuppies, smash thier's.
Thanks for drawing awareness. Great OP.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They are just your average idiot though.

Don't worry about getting revenge, people this dumb are destined to get screwed over big time.

The funniest part of all of this is that what goes around comes around.

They will probably lose their jobs individually one at a time over the next 10-20 years, and will all face really hard times.

Plus consider that this is the rear-kisser class which has no actual knowledge, repeats what they are told, and kisses butt every day.

They are already damned, so who cares ? The Universe will solve this on it's own.
It's a domino effect (goes around comes around).

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Yes. It's us vs them.
Surprised?
I'm not.
So, what I have to say is, stop crying and do something about it.
Screw turning the other cheek on these greasy yuppies, smash thier's.
Thanks for drawing awareness. Great OP.

These people aren't even "them".

They are the butt-kissing class that wants to make "them" happy (in hopes they get a raise or promotion!).

They are self-serving and callous, so what do you think will happen to them one day?

They will get the short end of the stick too.
Ironic justice will prevail, just watch.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Don't worry about getting revenge, people this dumb are destined to get screwed over big time.

The funniest part of all of this is that what goes around comes around.

I certainly hope so. I think the old hanged drawn and quartered might be quite fitting. I won't describe it but it is not pleasant!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Great post, Op!

I loved the fact that the bottom of the first photo stated that the woman in it was a FORMER employee.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think this attitude is reflected here on ATS over and over by the TPM/GOP and even some Libertarian/conservatives.

Blame the victim!

www.washingtonmonthly.com...

edit on 29-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Another bit from that article:

When we spoke later, she added that the snapshots are an accurate representation of the firm’s mind-set. “There is this really cavalier attitude,” she said. “It doesn’t matter that people are going to lose their homes.” Nor does the firm try to help people get mortgage modifications; the pressure, always, is to foreclose.

The "haves" will never understand the 'have nots". They gave up empathy a long time ago and replaced it with mockery. That and a little denial. Its easier to laugh at what you don't understand. Also makes it easier to justify their role when they "have" to sign that piece of paper.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes empathy is seriously lacking in the world these days. People have become so callous and uncaring of others and I fear that these sort of people will never learn.

I blame it on the materialism so abundant and pervasive. Community no longer matters. It is all self self self.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I agree with the whole "lack of empathy" sickness.

Maybe a bunch of people can get together and have their own "Cremation of Caring About (the Patriot Act -or- fill in the blank)" ceremony like the 1% do at the Grove.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Looking at the photo I posted you can see what these people assume or perhaps I should say infer about the homeless they have created.

(1) Homeless people are dirty.

(2) Homeless people are winos and probably ended up homeless because of booze.

I don't suppose they have ever looked at the pictures of the showers in the tent cities, and why assume that people are winos because they are homeless?

I am boiling
hopping
mad

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Chances are very good that at least one, if not more of these employees will lose their job with this company, be unable to find a new job (because of their previous employeer's reputation), and get foreclosed on.. by this very company.

Karma is a female dog

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Looking at the photo I posted you can see what these people assume or perhaps I should say infer about the homeless they have created.

More often than not, that image is true. Truth hurts but it's a fact. Most homeless people are drunken bums, they are dirty, they don't have anything and a lot of times it was their own fault, they end up on the street, end up as drunken losers, junkies or other scum. It's not like you lose everything and your home when your life is on track and you are focused on making sure to not end up like them.

And looking at the pictures i don't see much wrong. It was Halloween, they were trying to have fun, apparently had fun and in the end, didn't hurt anyone with it. So who cares, let them have their fun, hard working people deserve that.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

(1) Homeless people are dirty.

(2) Homeless people are winos and probably ended up homeless because of booze.

I don't suppose they have ever looked at the pictures of the showers in the tent cities, and why assume that people are winos because they are homeless?

Because for the most part their view of the world has been generated by TV. Probably mostly Main Stream Media. CNN reports on the "homeless" and shows pictures of bedraggled alcoholics. Me fuming too.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
And looking at the pictures i don't see much wrong. It was Halloween, they were trying to have fun, apparently had fun and in the end, didn't hurt anyone with it. So who cares, let them have their fun, hard working people deserve that.

Homeless children: the hard times generation

The combination of lost jobs and millions of foreclosures means a lot of folks are homeless and hungry for the first time in their lives.

In Seminole County, near Orlando, Fla., so many kids have lost their homes that school busses now stop at dozens of cheap motels where families crowd into rooms, living week to week.

One of the areas suffering the most is otherwise advertised as "The Happiest Place on Earth," the counties around Disney World and Orlando. Just on Highway 192, the road to Disney World, 67 motels house about 500 homeless kids. The government counts them homeless if they have only temporary shelter.

In Seminole County schools, 1,000 students have recently lost their homes.
I guess in this economy some are having more fun than others. This is a rather twisted way for these people to have fun.

Hard working or not I'd rather hang out with the folks down at the motel. If we spoofed our clientele we'd be living right next door to them anyway. I can think of a few disgusting things people do for fun that the public doesn't deserve...this display is one of them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

More often than not, that image is true. Truth hurts but it's a fact. Most homeless people are drunken bums, they are dirty, they don't have anything and a lot of times it was their own fault, they end up on the street, end up as drunken losers, junkies or other scum. It's not like you lose everything and your home when your life is on track and you are focused on making sure to not end up like them.

Having Fun? Sorry man; that's the epitome of "tacky"; it's like going to a military ball as a wounded one legged Iraqi child ("t-a-c-k-y" and just in "poor taste")

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My favorite sound bite from the article:

When I called a press spokesman for Steven J. Baum to ask about the photographs, he sent me a statement a few hours later. “It has been suggested that some employees dress in ... attire that mocks or attempts to belittle the plight of those who have lost their homes,” the statement read. “Nothing could be further from the truth.” It described this column as “another attempt by The New York Times to attack our firm and our work.”

Uh, Mr Spokesman? There are pictures. So, yep distance from truth is relative.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

if it was like a house party or something it wouldn't be too bad
even if the same people were doing it
it would be in poor taste, but everyone has a right to have that.
the problem here is that this company is one foreclosing on people, helping to cause the problems they're mocking
certainly not helping to make things better.

also; own fault? drunken losers? scum?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You guys need to understand the difference between homeless and squatters. When I lived in the Midwest and even East Coast I saw only homeless people.. then I move to the west coast and there are more squatters than homeless. Squatters are mostly young people who decide not to let their parents pay for their college, and instead they buy trendy brown and black hobo chic clothes, and hop trains and sit in your downtown with signs and harassing people when you don't give them money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join