It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to Downtime? The Extinction of Deep Thinking & Sacred Space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Its about frequency. Don't hide. Be love and stand still. Seek to raise the frequency of your Spirit and thus your connection, there are infinite channels. Love is the others, so reporting for duty frequently, and asking for those in need, doing what you can to help, inward searching for means to give.

I was in awe when I read this. Seneca benefits.
www.gutenberg.org...

Its not even that you can give, but that intention is to that is the same as if your circumstances were able to. The frequency raises the channels switch. Love never harms, and to reach this we need to be what we're striving to reach, and if we're already aware of this, sometimes its the gratitude or outpouring of joy, forcing to be happy, by seeing this. Envisioning it and giving thanks for it. Being "as if".

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

This is true friend, I am talking more of an overall humanity thing I guess, and thinking in general. I would say all those mentioned were not only great thinkers but practiced some type of meditation, even if it was just stilling the mind or avoiding distractions.

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I do realize that, it was that he said what happens if you've meditated and now this hasn't left as implying that the gateway is still open. I would take that as a wrong channel and needing some work, raising frequency, faith. So slightly off topic but was just trying to help.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

hee hee, the ambiguity of letters in cyber space, I was actually responding to your response to me here www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: At least I think that was a response to me?

edit on 30-10-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Absolutely a great thread, and the underlying problem of today's society. The present is the only thing that exists yet people are always somewhere else, distracted, constantly bouncing around from thought to the next, people's minds are everywhere. Trying to smother the uncomfortable realities of life with constant stimulation, with constant distractions. It's no wonder anti depressents and anti anxiety pill use have sky rocketed. Buddhists like to call it the monkey mind, we must tame the monkey mind through meditation, we must develop mindfulness. I meditate and recommend it to everyone, nothing feels better than a quiet tranquil mind(and with a tranquil mind comes a tranquil body) fully in the present.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Sounds like you got it figured out panda, and yea silence and stillness are becoming a lost art in this modern hustle and bustle world. It seems as if it will get worse and maybe become less of our nature. So many feel uncomfortable in idle moments. They become restless, seeking stimulation for distraction from the great truth of reality. Hey, I can appreciate a little escapism too, but to deny and abandon the frontier of quietude is unhealthy imo.
Thanks for your reply.

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Just read your signature and I had not heard that before, but I can dig it. It reminds me of the value of 'being' , and how it is equally important, if not greater than, 'doing.'

edit on 31-10-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My favorite song that not only reminds me to take a break and just let myself be, but always leaves me with such great feeling of wellbeing...The easiest way for me to "transcend" is through the music.
Thanks for a great thread.

"Ever close your eyes
Ever stop and listen
Ever feel alive
And you've nothing missing
You don't need a reason
Let the day go on and on

Let the rain fall down
Everywhere around you
Give into it now
Let the day surround you
You don't need a reason
Let the rain go on and on."

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

So is it Enya you dig or are you a Zena fan?

I hear you though, music is transcendent at times, and certainly a tool for detaching. I started getting more into instrumental and non lyrical stuff for meditating. The other stuff I enjoy to relax or contemplate, but for specific meditation, I have found repetition and lyrics to be a bit distracting, and my brain wants to cling to it as I am trying to drift upon nothingness.
Beautiful song and lyrics though, thank you for sharing and commenting.

Peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by WhiteHat

So is it Enya you dig or are you a Zena fan?

both.
But for taking a break, definitely Enya.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

edit on 9-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join