It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Star Sir Jimmy Savile Dies Aged 84

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Veteran Star Sir Jimmy Savile Dies Aged 84

uk.news.yahoo.com

Veteran broadcaster and charity campaigner Sir Jimmy Savile has died at his home in Leeds.

He would have celebrated his 85th birthday on Monday.

Police were called to his home at 1210 on Saturday, where they discovered his body. His death is not being treated as suspicious.

Born in Leeds in 1926, the youngest of seven children, Savile will perhaps be best remembered for the wildly successful 70s TV series 'Jim'll Fix It'.

Thousands upon thousands of children would write into the show in the hope of having their wishes granted.

Savile was widely regarded as Britain's first ev
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i used to listen to him on the radio doing the top 20 when i was just a youngster and loved every time he was on. he was great at running marathons for charity as well as helping young people fulfill their dreams on tv.
he was one of the first dj`s on radio 1 and i believe he was also on pirate radio as well............

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
One of the pioneers of hip hop and dj'ing too...

Who said hip hop belongs to the black community eh?

He was a very odd guy for sure, heard many rumors about him being involved in the masons, and a few other secret societies too.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Aye, he was getting on, Bruce Forsyth will be next, I tells thee.

I remember writing to him (Jimmy) as a kid asking him to fix it for me to be an astronaut and go into space.....I never did get a reply.

RIP Mr Fix-it

For those who don't know who we are talking about (most non-Brits, I would be shocked if any Brits didn't know him):

edit on 29/10/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
R.I.P Sir Jimmy...

how long before someone chips in with a pun with including the words fix it?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah he was one of a kind. You just don't get such unique eccentric characters any more.
I remember him as a kid on Jim'll Fix It.

He also raised over £40 million for charity in his lifetime!
"How's about that then, boys and girls!"

RIP

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the Louis Theroux documentary were Savile mentioned being one of the highest members of freemasonry in the UK?

Tell me i didn't dream that?

AND he apparently had a media gagging order against accusations that he was involved in suspicious activities at a certain Jersey care home. One that was rumored to be a haven for paedophile freemasons and child sex abuse- although I am not stating he was any way involved in this, as the SUN newspaper is a vicious rag, but you never know...

www.thelawyer.com...
edit on 29-10-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

its funny you mention that as my oldest memory of him i have is sat at my grandma's and this is going back nearly 30 years and anytime he wouuld come on she used to say

" the dirty old ******* "

she said he liked young girls god knows why she said that

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
reply to post by mr-lizard

its funny you mention that as my oldest memory of him i have is sat at my grandma's and this is going back nearly 30 years and anytime he wouuld come on she used to say

" the dirty old ******* "

she said he liked young girls god knows why she said that

Sounds like my grandma was correct

new topics

top topics

join