It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange rocks found on the Moon!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
I hope this image helps members to see the features. If it doesn't, I shall have to work on the images to improve the situation as there is so much detail to observe.

i985.photobucket.com...
Hmm still looking at it, thanks for pointing our what you mean but there are so many ellipses it might have been easier to point out the parts you thought aren't interesting!

One question though, is there any significance to some ellipses being pink and others being yellow?

Here is a crop from the bottom a little to the left, with two yellow circles:

All I see are ordinary looking impact craters, do you see something else?

I study geology as a hobby and by far the most curious features on the moon to me are the rilles, and I didn't notice any of those here. If you like interesting features, you should check those out too.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malkuth
To Site Mod
You can call me ArMaP.

I am working with the image provided by the ATS subscriber who started the post. I will be referring to the NASA original, for sure.
Sorry, I mixed two threads by the same member, and this one doesn't have a link to the original NASA image.

I do have some background both in geology and in aerial photo analysis. Not a phd or anything, but some experience.

Why so long to crop and post? Just want to do a good job. I am sure what will happen is the same thing that happens every time I analyze an image. I'll end up with a boatload of crops and I will have to sort out a handful which seems to represent reality the best. This will take some time. I do have a life beyond ATS. NOI.
I understand what you mean, I can wait.

Can I be wrong? Absolutely. Am I willing to be shown evidence which refutes my position. PLEASE. YES. Bring it on.
Sorry for asking, but I have seen some people that never accept the possibility of being wrong, and even have that in their signature, although indirectly...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here is another crop in which I have used the ellipse feature in two colors.

The objects enclosed with a red ellipse all appear to have a tower, dome or a stack.

The formations covered with a yellow ellipse have similar shape.

I do not believe what can be observed in the image are natural formations.

That is why I called them "strange rocks" in the title of the thread.

edit on 30-10-2011 by arianna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Strange rocks on the moon? no way...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Could you please post the source of the photo?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by arianna

Could you please post the source of the photo?

Thanks in advance.

ArMaP, here is the link to the original surce image.

i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Is that the right image?

Edit: is this image from the same photo as you other thread?
edit on 30/10/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by arianna

Is that the right image?

Edit: is this image from the same photo as you other thread?
edit on 30/10/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

Sorry ArMaP, The link shown above is incorrect..

Here is the correct link.

i985.photobucket.com...
edit on 30-10-2011 by arianna because: correct text

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

That is not a link to the original image. That is a link to a crop on image bucket.

Could you please provide the link to the LRO image and/or location on the Moon?

Thanks in advance.

(Hmmm... Since this is a conspiracy site, is this my chance to [finally, smugly] ask, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING???!!!)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

As Saint Exupery said, that's not the original photo.

What I want is a link to the page where you got that image from, or at least the photo ID, so I can download the original, preferably (if available) the 65536 shades of grey IMG file and do my own enhancements.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

reply to post by arianna

As Saint Exupery said, that's not the original photo.

What I want is a link to the page where you got that image from, or at least the photo ID, so I can download the original, preferably (if available) the 65536 shades of grey IMG file and do my own enhancements.

This is the link to the full image strip. Also shown on this page is a link to the image should you wish to download it. The image shown above is only a small section that was captured from the full image strip using the viewer. I did not know if there is an 'img' version available. I believe the version that can be downloaded is a very large 'tif' image.

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

That's the "bouncing boulders" photo, again. Is this image from the same photo?
edit on 31/10/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Thanks for the link! I will look at the context & surrounding terrain and hopefully post tonight.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This is the link to the full image strip. Also shown on this page is a link to the image should you wish to download it. The image shown above is only a small section that was captured from the full image strip using the viewer.
What small section, where? From the top of the strip? Middle? bottom?

I scanned through the strip looking for a match but it didn't jump out at me, maybe I missed it. Please give me a clue where in the strip I should be looking.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

OK, Yes... I see now that the image you have now provided is indeed of the original. The resolution is not very good. It took a few minutes but I (almost) immediately recognized the placement of some of the lighter features and then it became clear that the image in the post that you used to start this thread was made from this larger image. I am going to do a bit of searching to see if I can find a better image from which to work.

I started some preliminary work last evening which helped to punch out some very interesting details. If I can find better source material I can make better crops. At this point in time I am still inclined to say that I am seeing features which display terracing with sharp, acute angles. I see structure which, if viewed in terms of being imagery from the Earth would quickly be identified as architecture. There is also what would appear to be at least one parabolic dish, but before I hang my hat on that I really would like to see some better source material.

More work to be done today and into late evening after the doorbell stops ringing.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

This is the link to the full image strip. Also shown on this page is a link to the image should you wish to download it. The image shown above is only a small section that was captured from the full image strip using the viewer.
What small section, where? From the top of the strip? Middle? bottom?

I scanned through the strip looking for a match but it didn't jump out at me, maybe I missed it. Please give me a clue where in the strip I should be looking.

The link below will take you to the main image. Look at the small box to the top left where you will find a red arrow pointing to a small blue box. this is the area of exploration.

i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by arianna

That's the "bouncing boulders" photo, again. Is this image from the same photo?
edit on 31/10/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

ArMaP, Yes, it is the same original image strip.

The reason I started a post here is related to 'strange rocks' that I am sure are surface architectural features. Some members may not agree with me on this deduction but the challenge of finding out what is really on the lunar surface is open to all members if they are prepared to spend some time visually reasearching and examining the images. I believe that careful enhancement of these LROC images will help to determine the truth.

Of course, I may be completely incorrect in my visual deductions that's why I was hoping that other members who have knowledge of image processing would use their skills to either confirm or denounce what I have found on the lunar terrain.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

No wonder I missed it, the original is so much lighter!

Thanks for pointing it out.

Someone must have really done a lot of manipulation to that earlier photo you posted because it's so much darker, right?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes, I have to say that the contrast in the first image is a bit on the high side, nevertheless the surface detail can still be realized without too many problems.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

OK, I got confused with it, not knowing if I was mixing things up or if it was the same photo.

Thanks for the source, I will see what I can do.

PS: unfortunately, a bad update of my Ubuntu virtual machine makes it impossible to use the best programs to convert the 16 bits IMG file into a 8 bit image that can be posted on the Internet (ISIS), so I will have to use Photoshop.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join