It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Halloween Party Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
OK, so I have a Halloween party to DJ tonight. I have to admit that in 25 years of DJing in bars and at weddings, I've never done a Halloween party. So I'm wondering if you guys would mind helping me out. What are your favorite Halloween songs? Here are a couple just to start off the thread.

So whatcha got for ME?

If you'd like to watch the Livestream of the party tonight, it begins at 10 p.m. Eastern and you can see it here.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I always must play this at full volume in Halloween...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

edit on 29-10-2011 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

On my phone, too much work to embed videos, but Oingo Boingo's Dead Mans Party is always a hit!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The monster Mash

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here are just a few I can think of off the top of my head...

Vampire Club by Voltaire

They're Coming To Take Me Away by Neuroticfish

And of course...The Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Show

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If you're going for a horror theme for Halloween party music, I suggest his album...

edit on 29-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

I am SO going to jump on the bar and do the Time Warp.

I might follow it up with an encore too.

I don't think I'm going as Rocky though. Those days are LONG over.

OOhh. I can pull off Eddie!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Oh, well now that you have said it, you absolutely have to! And that is a perfect follow up! XD

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You are a mean person. Why would you do that... to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Have fun going through this: vampire music.

Creepy Rock Songs

A top 10 list

Creepy classical from NPR I agree with the first one on this list. But I'd add
and
to that list.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

On the play list now.

I wish I could give you an extra star. You reminded me of this:

And this.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
anything "Rob Zombie" or "White Zombie" ("Thunderkiss '65" is the popular one) and any Type O Negative...that's the rotation in my car at least...you can always go with "Gravediggaz" for your horror hip-hop fix...Rob Zombie is the most DJ friendly though.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMaxZombie
anything "Rob Zombie" or "White Zombie" ("Thunderkiss '65" is the popular one) and any Type O Negative...that's the rotation in my car at least...you can always go with "Gravediggaz" for your horror hip-hop fix...Rob Zombie is the most DJ friendly though.

Look above you.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is one Bad Ass mix:

And so is this:

Man, I wish I was in Detroit, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or L.A. tonight. Back in the day I had 500 people on my dance floor, and that last video would be super intense. Definitely something you might hear at a vampire's Halloween party.

I'm in Northern Michigan at the moment, and the best I'm afraid I can hope for are beer-bellied Polish rednecks and their beer-bellied Polish wives. Over the past few months I've been weaning them off of their normal musical fare, introducing them to the fact that there are all kinds of music out there. I swear I could go in there and put on a Bob Seger/Ted Nugent/Kid Rock/Eminem mix all night and they'd think I was the greatest DJ on Earth. I AM the greatest DJ on Earth, but that's beside the point.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the music those guys make, but there is a lot of great music that wasn't born in Michigan (what they all have in common.) Bob Seger and his mother live here in town (well she does, he just has a home here) and the Nuge is an avid bow hunter who comes around every now and then. One of these days, if I see them around town (Not as unusual as you might think, it's a small town and I've seen them before) I'm gonna snag them for an interview.

I think that was the best time in my life, when I was writing music column for the paper and DJing at night. Besides getting to hob nob with the rich and famous, I would get CRATES of free CDs to review. After throwing away the crap, I still have a library of around 20,000 songs.

I'm gonna be off for work shortly. Don't forget, I start streaming live at 10 p.m. Eastern. Last week, I had viewers from Bagram Air Field in Afg., Bagdhad, France, Germany, Malta, England, Australia, New York, and Arizona. I hope to see you there!

BTW, I included everyone's suggestions in my playlist. Peace out my friends.

*I'm really gonna have to get to church tomorrow. I feel some sinning coming on.

j/k. I'm a good boy.

edit on 10/29/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

Voltaire?!

I wish I could give you a hundred stars!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well, these might not be quite what you're looking for, but they definitely fit the Halloween theme, so I'll share anyway.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Near Dark

A young man reluctantly joins a travelling "family" of evil vampires, when the girl he'd tried to seduce is part of that group.

www.imdb.com...

new topics

top topics

join