It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 Does Not Work Online! Help Please!?!? AAAHHHH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just forked out £42 for the game and it is literally impossible to get in a game. I have full quality connection and it just says failed to join or server is full. When I browse there are literally only about 5 servers in the browser. Does anyone know what's going so wrong and how to actually play the game I have paid for.

And no I do not want to play campaign mode!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

The available listed servers do have whether or not PB (PunkBuster) is enabled.
I know that you will be prevented from joining those servers if you haven't PB running/enabled.

If you aren't running this then they can prevent you from joining.... but other than that, there mightn't be any room on the available servers you have listed.

It is Saturday...

Check the numbers of available slots on the servers as well....especially if you were unable to join.
Simply to rule that out if possible.

I by the way have at least 20 or so servers listed here in the States....5 seems low but might pertain to what is available based upon your connection speeds and/or if PB is enabled and running for example.

I hate the connection aspect of this game...unfortunately it only adds another layer of complexity to the game and more opportunity for things to go wrong.

I'll check to see if I can get in and/or it is slow etc and I'll report back...

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

If you have been receiving the "You have been kicked by the Administator" message while playing Battlefield 3 you may need to manually update your Punkbuster installation.
First, download PBSetup from here: battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com... [battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com]
When you start PBSetup, you will be presented with EvenBalance's license agreement. Accept the agreement to proceed.
The utility will then download information about the latest PunkBuster version for BF3. Once this is complete, you are presented with a list of the PunkBuster-enabled games that are present on your systems.

If Battlefield 3 is not in that list, you can add it:
- Click on "Add a Game"
- In the topmost dropdown box, choose "Battlefield 3"
- Click on "Add Game"
- You should now have Battlefield 3 in the list of PunkBuster-enabled games.

Finally update the PunkBuster DLLs. Click on Battlefield 3, and choose "Check for Updates". PBsetup will check if the DLLs are up-to-date; if not, the latest DLLs will be downloaded and installed. .
At this point PunkBuster is fully up to date and configured for Battlefield 3.

For your punkbuster go to the evenbalance link below

www.evenbalance.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Check out the filter for the gamelists you are searching. That was my problem is Modern warfare 2.

No idea for BF3 tho. Buying it tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

i hope you dont go noob tube in the game

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Are you getting kicked out by an admin with the red message or is the app simply booting you out or hanging ?

I asked this because...

I was downloading a movie on one of my other systems yesterday and when attempting to connect to BF3 on my gaming rig I was getting booted. It's simply due to bandwidth....only so much can be transmitted at a time....

Currently I can see at least 30 servers....check your server search criteria, perhaps it's limiting you based upon locale or bandwidth or both seeing as you are across the pond.

Try COOP mode....what happens there ? It's good to learn with anyway...

But Here's another aspect of the PB issue....as well as something else to try.

Here is a small note on Punkbuster and activating it in-game If you still have problems with punkbuster after trying a manual reinstall, start single player campaign and go to - Options - Gameplay - Allow Punkbuster. Make sure it is set to -YES-.

Peace

top topics

join