It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear detonations drew ET attention?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I know everyone goes on about ET civilizations having picked up on our radio transmissions by this point, but how possible is it that their attention was really piqued once we started letting off nuclear warheads? In my mind that seems to be the big red flag for any advanced civilization that may be monitoring the cosmos. The advent of nuclear technology seems to have brought these guys straight to our doorstep. They show a great deal of interest in our nuclear facilities as well as silos housing warheads. Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by d00d557
I know everyone goes on about ET civilizations having picked up on our radio transmissions by this point, but how possible is it that their attention was really piqued once we started letting off nuclear warheads?

Yeah, that was pretty much the idea behind the 1951 movie The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Klaatu introduces himself and warns the professor that the people of the other planets have become concerned for their own safety after human beings developed atomic power.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This has been debated many times before and from what i've read(i could be wrong)the blasts from nuclear bombs would not of reached too far in outer space even by now.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Aliens attracted to nuclear explosions?

Doubtful, since pretty much every star in the known universe is a nuclear explosion times 86 dozen kazillions to the power of 42 ... or something like that.

edit on 29-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Last year's 'UFOs and Nukes' press conference at the National Press Club made it very clear that we have been monitored by ETs.

The fact that they've reported UFOs around the same time that Nuclear bases have been powered down makes it pretty clear...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Not like i'm any authority on ET tech or anything, but i'd imagine their instrumentation to be so sensitive that they could detect even the slightest disturbance. Which I would go on to say that it could be so sophisticated that it doesn't necessarily follow the parameters of our technology. Meaning it can be scanning many different sectors simultaneously regardless of distance/time. Wouldn't take much. "Oh # the monkeys have nuclear capability"

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
This has been debated many times before and from what i've read(i could be wrong)the blasts from nuclear bombs would not of reached too far in outer space even by now.

That assumption is of course based on the current understanding of science.

If you are highly evolved, you wouldn't even need any instrumentation to detect a nuclear blast.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
unlikely, nuclear radation is common and natural
it would look like nothing more then a volcano eruption

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
If we are being monitored by the same ET's that visited us five to ten thousand years ago I wonder what they think of the place now. When they left it must have been pretty healthy with nobody smoking, drinking alcohol, eating healthy foods, no pollution, the rain forests in abundance and the ozone layer still intact. Today, it looks like we have treated this planet like it belonged to someone else. I would imagine they would be keeping a very safe distance from this (dare I say Godforsaken) place and monitoring us to make sure we are not preparing to take any of our diseases into other peoples property in the near future.
edit on 29-10-2011 by OzTiger because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
If we are being monitored by the same ET's that visited us five to ten thousand years ago I wonder what they think of the place now. When they left it must have been pretty healthy with nobody smoking, drinking alcohol, eating healthy foods, no pollution, the rain forests in abundance and the ozone layer still intact. Today, it looks like we have treated this planet like it belonged to someone else. I would imagine they would be keeping a very safe distance from this (dare I say Godforsaken) place and monitoring us to make sure we are not preparing to take any of our diseases into other peoples property in the near future.
edit on 29-10-2011 by OzTiger because: spelling

Yep, 10,000 years ago, people lived to the ripe old age of 30.
All that healthy, natural good food must have been really awesome to make people live so long that they got to be 30 years old.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

You seem so sure of yourself.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

If the Hollow Earth Theory holds true and there are extraterrestrials inhabiting the subterranean parts of the Earth, then maybe they are concerned that we've developed nuclear bombs. We are the only species on this planet that can radically change the Earth so that it no longer resembles its former self. We should be the care takers of this planet, because it's the only one we have at the moment. Some of us are not aware of this fact.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Yep, 10,000 years ago, people lived to the ripe old age of 30. All that healthy, natural good food must have been really awesome to make people live so long that they got to be 30 years old.

i think your confusing mortality rates and life expectancy
those diets would have made people very healthy except there were too many natural threats and people would have been moving a lot more and putting more stress on their bodies.
today people do less and some live longer, but our diets cause the diseases that a lot of people die from at an early age.. and that age is quickly getting younger
it wont be long till life expectancy for the majority is back to 30

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

There's *maybe* something in the idea and others have had the idea since the 1940s. If you're thinking about 'aliens' seeing our atom-bomb tests and then coming to call, it only makes sense if 'they' were already here or close enough to notice. By this I mean UFO reports came rolling in very quickly, in fact, too quickly for any particles to have travelled more than a couple of light years at best. The nearest star is double that distance.

Also, although the beginning of the 'modern ufo age' is thought to be 1947, the Foo Fighters were being reported in the early 1940s way before the Trinity Tests.

Robert Hastings and Bob Salas have taken a lot of flack for the Malmstrom AFB UFO claims. If we leave out their claims, there remains a series of incidents involving UFO reports in and around nuclear plants and weapons sites. There are also a few reported around power plants. NICAP have a long list of linked cases over here.

Probably a case that would interest you is the Minot AFB encounters by Tom Tulien. You've basically got 15 ranked witnesses and multiple radars seeing two UFOs. The flight crew of a B-52 described what sounds very much like a physical craft on the ground. In the midst of all this, alarms went off around the perimeter and eventually an access hatch to the nuclear ICBMs was found unlocked.

Tulien and the witnesses he interviewed make a very strong case that something unusual happened that night.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
reply to post by nineix

Yep, 10,000 years ago, people lived to the ripe old age of 30. All that healthy, natural good food must have been really awesome to make people live so long that they got to be 30 years old.

i think your confusing mortality rates and life expectancy
those diets would have made people very healthy except there were too many natural threats and people would have been moving a lot more and putting more stress on their bodies.
today people do less and some live longer, but our diets cause the diseases that a lot of people die from at an early age.. and that age is quickly getting younger
it wont be long till life expectancy for the majority is back to 30

No confusion at all. I totally understand that threats were way higher, which in turn equated into higher mortality.
The point that I was alluding to, is that the food type really does not matter.
We're extremely adaptable organisms, and sure, there are extreme cases where a diet of twinkies and ice cream is going to kill someone off in their 30s, but, all in all, if you take a group of people, put half of them on a diet of food dosed with preservatives, artificial food coloring, and all those other things you can't even pronounce on the labels, plus GM Foods, or anything else people are all up in arms about being unhealthy, and put the other group on the most organic of organic healthy foods, as long as each member of each group maintains caloric intake, and limited exercise, they'll all start to die off at about the same time, regardless the group.

Introduce those high mortality threat factors, and healthy food might equal anything you can grab while on the run, or while someone else isn't looking, or what's left over after something else got distracted even if it's covered in bugs and maggots, plus drinking whatever water is handy.

Healthy, or non-healthy food in this sedentary domesticated society we're all so comfy in, is pretty much a non-issue. Even homeless bums and people in utterly impoverished and destitute situations in 3rd world countries can scrape by into their 60s these days eating whatever they can get.

There's even some studies that show some interesting indications regarding caloric restriction, but, that's something else.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I was talking about the actual planet and not the people on it, however, whereas I have read that just prior to this the life expectancy of a child was 24 years I have to wonder who looked after all the babies that were born to these young people.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If what the OP claims is true, that means that there are aliens living in our solar system. If we are being visited, then it is also likely they are from our solar system. If they were not from our solar system then they likely would not care about us at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

If what the OP claims is true, that means that there are aliens living in our solar system. If we are being visited, then it is also likely they are from our solar system.

Astronomer Prof Michael D Papagiannis thought long and hard about the same thing. He speculated that life could be based in the asteroid belt. If that was the case, it would help to explain why so many sightings have been reported and go some way to making sense of the problem that SPACE IS BLOODY ENORMOUS!

He was quite an adventurous thinker and it didn't do him any harm. He wrote several papers ATSers would enjoy.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Oh, if I could star and flag you twice, I would. Finally, someone puts into words something I have been thinking in the back of my mind for a long time now. It would explain why 1945-48 seem to have been a regular traffic jam of UFO's around Earth. I agree that if we're right in speculating that Earth is in a neighborhood of other intelligent civilizations, there would be milestones of technological advancement those others would watch for. We'd logically do the same thing if in a similar over-watch position to lesser people's.....and we do with other nations when one stops to think about it.

I also think we have a modern day version of the Nuclear detonations that marked our next milestone to draw serious attention from outside our atmosphere. It's just something to consider here, but I've wondered if the successful power-up of CERN and the energy signatures it must throw off aren't equally watched for and registering a blinking warning light on ET's big status panel somewhere out there.

Great thread and things to think about!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

In looking at the principles applied by radio telescopes...

We actually use radar to bounce off of the planets in our solar system in order to accurately measure their distances as well as their orbital fluctuations due to other planetary bodies as in moons.

I learned this in my Communication Theory course in engineering school when I asked my Prof what all this theory is actually used for, And he was actually using this in support of astrophysicists.

The resulting EMP from a Nuke, which is simply radio frequency energy would send a rather large pulse of energy unimpeded into the vacuum of space.

I am certain that more advanced civilizations would be capable of discerning as to whether the noise was man made or not. Similar to the principles we ourselves have implemented at SETI over the years...

They also don't want us to destroy ourselves...

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join