It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoF Catches Fast Moving Object on Camera at Groom Lake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The Fact or Faked crew decided to do a night sky watch out in NV. They split up and one guy goes up to Tikaboo point. While the others go to Campfire Hill.

While at Tp he notices security following the other part of his team. So the one guy thats at Campfire makes his way towards Groom lake, albeit still at a distance.

At around the 6 min 30 sec mark the runway at groom lake lights up for what seems to be 15 seconds. At that time you can observe something fast approaching form left to right in the corner of the screen then the lights on the runway go out.

Check it out.

edit on 29-10-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I think this is the military having fun with the camera crew.

Lets give them a show

Hell what a better time to test some crazy stuff, while a conspiracy show is filming

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

No kidden right. The producers would surely have to let someone know there (a51) that they would be filming around the area that night...Regardless pretty neat. I also wondered if that was just cut and edit to coincide the 2 events to look like it appeared.
edit on 29-10-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: E

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Whatever the reasons, it's good entertainment...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

At around the 6 min 30 sec mark the runway at groom lake lights up for what seems to be 15 seconds. At that time you can observe something fast approaching form left to right in the corner of the screen then the lights on the runway go out.

We can only take their word for that.

The footage is so chopped up and edited for the show, who knows what the sequence of events were.

We need raw footage to understand the context.

As for the object, looked simply to be a meteor entering the atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I def agree... All about the ratings...I'll do some poking around to see if I can get something else on this.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Also saw this and thought it was pretty interesting..

Very odd coincidence about the runway lights, and then the light zips past, and it appeared to go from horizon to horizon extremely fast...Then the runway lights are promptly shut back off..

The real way to sneak in there and get some video footage would be to use a high dollar remote controlled mini drone disguised as a rock or something
Then roll it in there and let it take some serious footage....

Of course the odds of a project like that succeeding would be pretty low...and expensive if it was to have any chance of success..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
God, these shows are so much over-dramatization, it's hard to stomach......lol

My favorite quotes:

"It was too fast to be anything human." Is discussion really necessary on that one? LOL

"I looked down at the thermal imager and Area 51 security was watching our every move." YA THINK?! I share his disbelief (NOT!) One should be allowed to roam at will across the infamous Area 51 military base without having to worry about being scrutinized by pesky security! LOL

I'll admit, whatever whizzed by was hella cool, but, yeah, the military was obviously taking every opportunity to give them a good program, LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
A meteorite on night vision will appear like that.

It's a pity it's edited to heck and back, there is no way to know how it went down, other than to just take the word of a show that requires ratings in order to maintain being on air.

almost like that Paranormal investigators thing we have here on West TV - everything is uber amped, and then they get together to big up the noises, flickers and whispers...

stock footage wouldn't sell, so it's gotta be sold.

Having said that, who knows! A51 certainly keeps it's lid shut, and I'm dubious they'd let interstellar travelers come in for a visit knowing there was cameras on them.... if anyone knows, you guys know they can photoshop the sky or something...

edit on 29/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I didn't listen to the video, only watched it, and I didn't see the runway lights go out, so they must have just mentioned that. Whatever this was, we should probably take into account the most logical explanation first, which is that this was a meteor. Then if the lights really went out, it could have been a coincidence, although there is no footage shown of this phenomenon.

I have never seen a meteor through night vision before, but I suspect it would look very similar to what we see in the video. To me that seems like the most logical explanation. If it were any type of aircraft, it would not have been the quick streak of light that we see here.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Unless of course it was some spooky interstellar super duper area 51 aircraft that only requires nanaoseconds to land.... JKJKJK... I agree. Its just the timing of th whole thing... After all one would hope that sooner or later maybe something real will come out of all thede interesting bits on the interwebz. But alas I do not put hope that this is one of those times. I will maintain that it is note worthy and fun to speculate,
edit on 29-10-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: Gosh dang E again

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Also saw this and thought it was pretty interesting..

The real way to sneak in there and get some video footage would be to use a high dollar remote controlled mini drone disguised as a rock or something
Then roll it in there and let it take some serious footage....

Of course the odds of a project like that succeeding would be pretty low...and expensive if it was to have any chance of success..

it would have to be a passive camera. anything giving off a signal would probably be detected. then, the battery life would have to be pretty long, it would only last a night.

then the odds are 1 in 365 that you catch something that day.

the best bet would be to camp out a whole year and record.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I'm in for that. If we could somehow arrange, some type of donation/community-help to better make this a reality... That would be so damn phenomenal. I'm talking being equipped with a few small solar-gathering [small electronics] equipment chargers, a laptop or iPad, a FLIR Scout, a DSLR, lenses, cell phone, mi-fi device, cooler, a convertible (all/extreme-season) sleeping bag, small tent/blind, and have a couple locals from ATS (I.e., Gariac, etc.), come by once a week with about 10gallons of water and MRE's, to maintain ones sustainence.. And every day make a blog post with your recorded findings and/or notes. I think that'd be a pretty sweet little project/documentary! Ps, most of that equipment, I already own.. So, really all would be needed, would be food/water, and time

Who wants to start the donations?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Very cool, if only we can have all the raw footage with time stamps then a better conclusion could be made,

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I've seen a meteor through NV. (Russian gen 2). You can actually see the ionization trail fir maybe 5 seconds after the meteor is gone.

There is obviously more to this show than that clip. I suspect the UFO they are talking about was the one that was shown on the TV show Hard Copy. The video in question is from a "Roland" that was participating in either a Red Flag or Nellis Fighter Weapons School. I assume either the video came from a FOIA, or a contractor sold it to Hard Copy. Also, given the terrain, the UFO was not over Area 51, but maybe Tolicha Peak as viewed from the TTR.

This link has a good analysis of the old video:
homepage.ntlworld.com...

I have plenty of Roland photos here:
www.lazygranch.com...

Note Tikaboo and Campfire Hill have line of sight. Certainly a mobile radio link would work between the two locations. Also it is nut to climb Tikaboo at night. The hike isn't particularly dangerous, but there are plenty of place where you could go rolling down the side of a hill if you screwed up.

The trail has a combination of markings: paint (orange, white, red, silver), yellow caution tape, red and blue flagging tape, red 3M reflective tape, and lately rocks with foil wrapped around them (AKA the hot potatoes). Only the reflective items would be easy to spot with a flashlight, and there are not a lot of them. Basically I think it is a bad idea to do the hike at night.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I took my wide angle night shot of Groom Lake and cropped it to the runway lights and then to the taxiway. You can use these images to verify the show was actually viewing Groom Lake.

It was windy, so the shots are not very good. However, they are useful for comparison purposes.

One error in the TV shows analysis is that the video was not handheld. If you look at the Roland that Nellis uses, they put a camera next to the dish to get a visual on the target. I think the video is used in the review of the war games rather than to actually target a plane, but I don't know for sure. Anyway, Nellis like much of the feds and military uses Cohu cameras. The camera was probably being moved with a joystick.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Great stuff there, thanks for adding!!!

new topics

top topics

join