It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about GMOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
and where you guys should be looking!

All science relating to GMO's that Monsanto has sold, and uses, Is proven and safe. It is ALL SAFE. 1500%

GMO's are safe, 100% fine for you body, immune system, soul, etc.

What isn't safe, is the PESTICIDE. The pesticide these plants have been made immune to. Farmers use massive amounts of pesticide on their crops, and when is the last time you washed an apple before you ate it?

that is not what the scientists at monsanto intended the use of Round Up for. IT WAS FOR KILLING WEEDS. not for protecting CROPS. Round up is a very dangerous chemical. Unlike GMO's, round up WILL KILL YOU if you were to drink it.

Round up has a long history, with monsanto, and US government, (what do you think was in Agent Orange)

Pesticide. Pesticide. Pesticide.

Is pesticide associated with higher rates of cancer in lab rats? yes.
Is pesticide responsible for CCD? Yes!!!! (good luck trying to get a grant to fund research into this, YOU WONT GET ONE)

PESTICIDE.

CCD and Monsanto copy rights=

You can't stop GMOs from pollinating with non GMOs UNLESS you kill the pollinators.

How far will a company go to produce a profit? The biggest enemy against monsanto and its genetic copy rights, is Nature itself. and that my friends, is all I'm willing to say about that

There is a war on Nature, and Monsanto is winning.
Sell more seeds sell more pesticide. That what the boys up at Exec think.

many MON scientists want to end world hunger through GMOs. (faster growing harvest, etc etc.) There is no profit in that, as long as Monsanto is in control, they will tell you what to research and when.

NYSE:MON the business of killing plants. NOT growing them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So, how much did monsanto pay you to post this?

Hope your job is secure.....not.
edit on 29-10-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Im telling you the truth about GMOs.

They are safe

They could save millions of lives, but they technology is being used for a PROFIT.

On top of that they sell pesticide. To go with the GMOs they sell, SO THEY MAKE DOUBLE the $$

Pesticide=Dangerous
GMOs=Delicious (unless they are saturated with Pesticide. Which is the case unfortunately)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Then why don't GMOs self-propagate?

Farmers have to pay annually for seed- how does that help the 3rd world?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I think what he is saying is that GMO's could be used for good and some researchers actually want to it to benefit everyone in the world.

Of course, things don't go this way at mosanto. They seem pretty much willing to do anything for monopoly and profit.

Another situation where profit and greed stops global comfortableness and evolution.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
and where you guys should be looking!

If you want the truth about GMO's then you arent looking wide enough.
The way you and other people on the net rant on, you'd think Monsanto was the only company in the world making GMO items. You'd think The Roundup resistant crops were the only GMO crops. You'd think pesticide resistance was the only function it had.

No.

There are in fact a #eload of companies, a #eload of products, a #eload of applications using a #eload of different technologies.
Each one has to be examined on its own merit.

Sticking them all in a big bucket called "EVIL MONSANTO GMO" might be convenient for you to think about, but its not the reality of the world.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Im telling you the truth about GMOs.

They are safe

They could save millions of lives, but they technology is being used for a PROFIT.

On top of that they sell pesticide. To go with the GMOs they sell, SO THEY MAKE DOUBLE the $$

Pesticide=Dangerous
GMOs=Delicious (unless they are saturated with Pesticide. Which is the case unfortunately)

Stay away from gods work. GMO is bad, and evil. Creating a monopoly position in the world, backed bij de pope in the vatican.

There is no shortage, its fake based on BS for control

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Let's see how many idiots will Star & Flag you.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

LOL on monsantos campus in creve couer there is a world population clock that is about to hit 7,000,000,000.

How many people out of 7 bill are starving? any guess? do you actually know?

my friend agriculture is a man made thing. God may or may not have made the plants, but we are growing them.

Like i said GMOs GOOD,
PESTICIDES BAD. very very very BAD

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Monsanto bad, very bad. Certified organic good, very good. Pesticides are built into Monsanto seeds - like time release. Actually they're herbicides - pesticides for pests and herbicides for weeds. And insecticides for insects. Sound yummy? Some Monsanto seeds have resistance to certain pesticides built in. That's so the killer weeds that Monsanto products have spawned can be sprayed with wild abandon without killing the crop.

www.calfinder.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Mon inserts genes into their seeds that makes them Immune to industrial strength roundup. Farmers spray massive amounts of pesticide on their crops. The dangerous part is NOT the GENE insertion, but the farmers spraying pesticides on their crops.
Do you guys see what I mean?

Gene insertional could literally prevent famines and plants dying from disease ever again, but MON doesn't care about that. They want a profit. thats why I'm trying to explain this to people, you all seem to have a ill understanding of how Bio-Ag. Works. Its quite simple to understand, but very expensive to do.

Monsanto owns over 21,000 gene Patents. Many of those will never be put in use, but are much more practical than gene resistant to pesticides.

Id once again like to make it clear, Monsanto does have a monopoly. There is no competition in the seed market. Lol it's quite funny to think a small company with maybe several research labs and fields AT MOST, thinks they the competition. If they invent any thing worth while, Mon would buy them out. Monsanto has multiple campus and research labs in EVERY major farming country in the world. And employes thousands of scientist.

Once again, GMOs, safe and the future,
Pesticides are poison.

edit on 29-10-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by truthinfact

Uhh, am I wrong in believing monsanto made all those pesticides? Sooo, its still the evil corp. Good try

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

You gotto be joking to think that anyone on this insane planet can do a better job than the One That Created It! Why do we always want to mess with everything. A peach grown in it's natural form is being perfectly peachy, wether it is slightly pear shaped and scarred on the skin by one little insect or bird that took a bite, it sure tastes great and my tummy aint got no eyes!
Monsanto forgot that they invented knives to cut out the little bits you dont want to eat!
Ai! Introduce to Monsanto: the knife!!

Life is so simple, but we insist on making it all so complicated. Masters of confusion.

Wow, one day the sky's gonna fall on our heads and we all gonna wear blue caps!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Skip ahead to 1:48 and listen to HOW they modify cells. Doesn't sound real safe to me.

Fck monsanto.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Let's see how many idiots will Star & Flag you.

if you take the ratio of S&F on this thread to one that says "GMO is baaaad", you will have an accurate accounting of ATSusers that are rational and reasonable persons.

the "GMO are baaaad" crowd hold the most infuriating double standard. in one thread they will acknowledge the overpopulation problem, and in the next, they shout down the single most effective solution that has ever been proposed.

these people are dangerous.

the potential benefit of GMO to humanity is unquantifiably huge. why would you shut that down based on nothing more than an internet rumor?!

use your brains, folks. I beg you!

p.s. now if you say that the BUSINESS of GMO is baaaad, you may be on to something....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sorry but what studies is she talking about?

Because according to 20 years and hundreds of millions of dollars of research, they are wrong. That is why 90% of food is GMO. its safe. I don't know why you guys don't want it to be?

LIKE I SAID! FOCUS ON THE PESTICIDE! THATS THE DANGEROUS PART!!!!!!! NOTHING TO DO WITH GMOS! EVERYTHING TO DO WITH POSION! this is my last post in this threat.

Im sorry but believe what you want, either way there is a 9/10 chance that when you are eating your crop of choice, Its a safe gmo, pending you washed off the pesticides.

One more thing, when you cut an apple five years from now, It will never turn brown =]

that my friends, is amazing.
edit on 29-10-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Why on earth would I eat a 5 year old apple?! They are supposed to turn brown when they interact with oxygen. I trust nature over man any day.
You know a guy lined the entire inside of his basement with mcdonald's cheeseburgers, because they never decompose....would you say mcdonald's is healthy?
They are manipulating vegetable dna with BACTERIA.
The price of food continues to go up, and people all over the world are still going hungry - 20 years after they started this crap. "gmo's are great because they will solve world hunger!" YAY!!.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

the "GMO are baaaad" crowd hold the most infuriating double standard. in one thread they will acknowledge the overpopulation problem, and in the next, they shout down the single most effective solution that has ever been proposed. these people are dangerous.

Guess what, if you own a farm growing conventional crops, and your plants become cross-pollenated with gmo's, monsanto will SUE YOU and take your land!! Which people are the dangerous ones?

the potential benefit of GMO to humanity is unquantifiably huge. why would you shut that down based on nothing more than an internet rumor?!

When are we going to start seeing these f-ing benefits? Again, they've been doing this since at least the 80's! Here's an internet rumor about gmo's for you, straight from the men who grow it: DON'T.
I've already posted this at least once or twice, but WATCH:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Organic farmers have the potential to make more money.

GMO's can be grown organically(minus the gene altercations(which are harmless -....- )Organic in the sense that NO PESTICDES and other artifical process are being used to grow.

GMOs can prevent Famine and other disease that could ruin entire crops. In my opinon are worth the price. The pesticides aren't. They are expensive unnecessary and very very dangerous to consumers.

top topics

join