It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska passes ordinance to end its water fluoridation program!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
You are just waiting on someone to post something so you can dismiss it with whatever reasoning you have. In short; don't be lazy.

“Over the past ten years a large body of peer-reviewed science has raised concerns that fluoride may present unreasonable health risks, particularly among children, at levels routinely added to tap water in American cities.”
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING GROUP, July 2005.

Source

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Except, its not. Still waiting for peer reviewed or statistical evidence. Not Non-sequiturs.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

See what i mean? You guys can not be trusted. I obviously did not see your post with the website. When i did i went back and addressed it.

Classic ATS.

Conveniently forgot this quote, huh?

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

“Over the past ten years a large body of peer-reviewed science has raised concerns that fluoride may present unreasonable health risks, particularly among children, at levels routinely added to tap water in American cities.”
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING GROUP, July 2005.

Source

Worst cop out ever. Next time specify a source before dumping a whole website on someone. Its only common courtesy.

edit on 29-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here is a compilation of studies, presented by William Hirzy, V.P EPA Union

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-10-2011 by Witness2008 because: Sorry...fixed now

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Its not working.

Got it up for you.

Most of their evidence is at best circumstantial arguments. By far the most convincing part was the last segment of those test on rats.

However, towards the end he was asked if his evidence had been peer reviewed. He only mentioned that the study on rats. He said yes it had. He did not address the rest of his arguments within that question. Which seemed a bit odd.

But, this is by far the best evidence i have seen presented for your argument.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Sorry about that. Try it now.

I thought I knew how to embed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

And any independent scientists and researchers that have said this have been shunned and or sacked by the mainstream scientific community. Why? Because they are getting close to the real truth. Mainstream science just like the mainstream media is controlled by the Government. And they are always telling lies.

So that being the case, it's a pretty good bet they are lying about the safety of Flouride as well.

If it's good for them it's bad for us!!

Actually I think that mainstream science just has too big a stick up their collective ###es to accept that they may have been wrong.

They have done the same thing with nicotine, smoking in moderation may actually have health benefits.

Moderation is the key to everything.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

Actually I think that mainstream science just has too big a stick up their collective ###es to accept that they may have been wrong.

Lol, you dont know what science is. No, science spends most of its time trying to prove itself wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

What is it about the forced fluoridation of a water supply that is scientific. Perhaps you should provide the peer review studies conducted 50 years ago that convinced our illustrious leaders that fluoride was beneficial.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I dont know about tracking that down, but evidence has already been presented in this thread that the vast majority experts(those who know what they are talking about) support the fluoridation.

If i can find it, i will post that study.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Please do. This is a subject that I know something about, and rather than wow anyone with research prowess, which in the end seems to never satisfy some folks, let us look at this with a bit of common sense and respect for one another. Why should I or anyone else be forced to ingest anything against our will? Broccoli is good for you, but we're not forced to eat it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Why should I or anyone else be forced to ingest anything against our will? Broccoli is good for you, but we're not forced to eat it.

You are not forced to drink tap water. In fact, i haven't drank tap water in a looooooong time.

However, I do understand your concern and I respect them.

You are the only one of the opposition who has supplied direct evidence and arguments and does not revert to calling others stupid or shills.

Thank you, you reasonable person you.

Ill be back in a couple of hours.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

But I am forced to shower in it, and I can not afford a reverse osmosis system that would allow for enough water pressure to do so. Why am I required to partake of a costly system of avoidance when those that want fluoride in their bodies need only choose the proper products, readily available and I'm sure already in use. One does not need to ingest fluoride to obtain any questionable, positive dental affects.

Here is a list of European countries that seem to respect the voice of their citizenry.
www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's not like the Fascists who won WW2 intentionally fluoridated their German population during which time they invaded Poland.

Makes for docile people.

That and general apathy?

"Oh that's outrageous, but it's just a little death camp. Maybe the next guy will do something."

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
It's not like the Fascists who won WW2 intentionally fluoridated their German population during which time they invaded Poland.

Makes for docile people.

That and general apathy?

"Oh that's outrageous, but it's just a little death camp. Maybe the next guy will do something."

Godwin, get in here quick, we need you!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
When did our "rulers" no, um I mean our government actually ask us if we wanted this poison in our water?

I don't recall they ever did so, did they ?

The same fluoride that is being put into our drinking water is used in :

Mind altering medications (psychotropic) drugs like Prozak.

Oh and RAT POISON .....

Also true that the nazis used the same fluoride in the drinking water in the death camps because it is a scientific FACT that this chemical makes people more apathetic and docile....

ALL FACTS!

edit on 29-10-2011 by SecondAmendmentUser because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

In Alaska you either have well water, public water or river water..some folks have no indoor plumbing..its about time people stood up against that gunck in the water...its harmful and not needed due to it being in toothepaste.All natural products is the better route but it is spendy$$.Read, inform and keep a sence of humor when dealing wth The Man...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 907blkcat
reply to post by Helious

In Alaska you either have well water, public water or river water..some folks have no indoor plumbing..its about time people stood up against that gunck in the water...its harmful and not needed due to it being in toothepaste.All natural products is the better route but it is spendy$$.Read, inform and keep a sence of humor when dealing wth The Man...
get up stand up....stand up for your rights...Bob Marley

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SecondAmendmentUser

For me all the pseudo science that has been used to justify the sedation of any population will only keep us on the gerbil wheel of debate. If the Vice President of the EPA Union of Scientists can not knock some sense into our "overlords" the only thing that will is that we simply demand that the Fluoride (industrial waste product) be removed from what we pay for.

I have spent an immense amount of time on this very subject in the effort to remove it from what ever water supply I live with. Debate will not accomplish it, demanding it be removed will.

So if fluoridation can sedate a community, I wonder what lithium could provide? Coming soon to your tap water bigthink.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Political rhetoric won out over science and the best advice of our medical and dental community - looks like the Tea Party wants something rotten in America - teeth!

*Facepalm*

Did you even read the article? I wager a bet....NOT.

Fairbanks, Alaska, which acted after much deliberation and a comprehensive evaluation by a panel of scientists, doctors and dentists. The panel concluded that in Fairbanks, which has relatively high concentrations of naturally occurring fluoride, the extra dose no longer provided the help it once did and may, in fact, be harmful. www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Youre teeth do not need flouride either, the whole thing is a scam. the use of flouride according to my dentist is too help strengthen teeth, this is utter utter bs. It is a bi-product of aliminium production and should be nowhere near youre or anyone elses mouth. my children have not used it for over 12 months since i found out about it, according to their dentist, their teeth are no worse than before. Also, we have a reverse osmosis system at home which filters all of this crap out of the water as well as lots of other harmful substances, the water tastes great and even my kettle that used to have to be de scaled every 3 months or so still looks like new 12 months later. ~So glad that crap is not going into any of our bodies anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join