It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska passes ordinance to end its water fluoridation program!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aletheia007
reply to post by e11888

Depends on ther type of fluoride as there isnt one fluoride. A fluoride is a fluorine atom combined with another element. Its the other element that causes the damage. Mercury fluoride lead fluoride. Basically most elements can bond with a fluorine atom to make a fluoride. So are you beginning to understand basic chemistry now?

Basic chemistry is it? Sorry I was stuck in history class during that. But if you mean am I starting to understand that humans need other humans to add toxic waste to the water so that humans can survive... then no I still think you're bat # crazy.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
You still dont get it do you? I dont care if my natural water has deer # in it I do not want ANYTHING added by Government or business to my water against my will. Do you understand that? I dont care whats in there or how healthy it is. Keep your hands the hell out of my water. Period.

They don't add anything to your water. They add it to the municipal water supply. You may purchase it and drink it if you want, or don't. No one is forcing you to use it. You can dig a well, collect rainwater, buy jugs of distilled water, or have water delivered by a service. You can take municipal water and purify it, if you're not satisfied with what comes out of the tap. But it's a bit hysterical to claim that the municipal water supply is yours, and that "control freaks" are "playing God" with it and "forcefully medicat[ing]" you. No one is forcing you to drink their water.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

reply to post by e11888

Depends on ther type of fluoride as there isnt one fluoride. A fluoride is a fluorine atom combined with another element. Its the other element that causes the damage. Mercury fluoride lead fluoride. Basically most elements can bond with a fluorine atom to make a fluoride. So are you beginning to understand basic chemistry now?

Basic chemistry is it? Sorry I was stuck in history class during that. But if you mean am I starting to understand that humans need other humans to add toxic waste to the water so that humans can survive... then no I still think you're bat # crazy.

TOXIC WASTE???????

With those 2 words goes to show how ignorant you are and stop drinking that fresh water its obviously got lead and mercury fluoride in it because your iq is then 0
edit on 29-10-2011 by Aletheia007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

You still dont get it do you? I dont care if my natural water has deer # in it I do not want ANYTHING added by Government or business to my water against my will. Do you understand that? I dont care whats in there or how healthy it is. Keep your hands the hell out of my water. Period.

They don't add anything to your water. They add it to the municipal water supply. You may purchase it and drink it if you want, or don't. No one is forcing you to use it. You can dig a well, collect rainwater, buy jugs of distilled water, or have water delivered by a service. You can take municipal water and purify it, if you're not satisfied with what comes out of the tap. But it's a bit hysterical to claim that the municipal water supply is yours, and that "control freaks" are "playing God" with it and "forcefully medicat[ing]" you. No one is forcing you to drink their water.

Right so let me run out and dig a well because you would like to play God with all the water. Cool. While Im at it I better stop eating out and taking a shower (unless I dip myself in my well). Im so glad you came along and explained this to me. How ever would I have known!
edit on 29-10-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aletheia007

Ill just leave this here...

www.naturalnews.com...

To make matters even worse, it's not that municipalities are actually dripping genuine fluoride into the water supplies in the first place -- they're largely using fluorosilicic acid, which, as I've covered before, is actually a toxic waste product produced in the smokestacks of various industrial chemical producers. If they weren't selling this substance to cities, they would have to pay a lot of money to have it handled as an environmental hazard and buried in EPA-approved landfills.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

www.naturalnews.com...

To make matters even worse, it's not that municipalities are actually dripping genuine fluoride into the water supplies in the first place -- they're largely using fluorosilicic acid, which, as I've covered before, is actually a toxic waste product produced in the smokestacks of various industrial chemical producers. If they weren't selling this substance to cities, they would have to pay a lot of money to have it handled as an environmental hazard and buried in EPA-approved landfills.

LOL
STOP you are making me laugh so much.Fluorosiliac acid is made from apatite it is composed mainly of two things phoshates and calcium fluoride.
In the extraction process 2 main things are made phosphate for fertiliser and the other product is fluorosiliac acid. Care to enlighten as to which industry makes apatite?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You guys do realize that our bodies are full of minerals and chemicals that are toxic at high levels right??

Yes how dare we as human beings want to drink water the way God intended it to be

Maybe you should also give up electricity and walk everywhere as "god" intended you too.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

www.naturalnews.com...

LOL
STOP you are making me laugh so much.Fluorosiliac acid is made from apatite it is composed mainly of two things phoshates and calcium fluoride.
In the extraction process 2 main things are made phosphate for fertiliser and the other product is fluorosiliac acid. Care to enlighten as to which industry makes apatite?

Strawman disinfo. I wash my hands of this thread (in my Fluoridated water that I didnt get from my new well).

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Contamination from Coal Ash at Some Sites High Enough to Trigger ‘Open Dumping’ RCRA Provisions

Jun 27, 2011 11:11 AM, By Sandy Smith

ehstoday.com/environment/hazardous-waste/contamination-coal-ash-open-dumping-rcra-provisions-0627/

A new report from the Environmental Integrity Project (EIP) claims 33 coal ash dump sites in 19 states are contaminating groundwater with arsenic, lead and other toxins. According to EIP, these sites may be violating a federal ban on open dumping.

EIP found levels of groundwater contamination at 33 coal ash landfills or impoundments nationwide that are high enough to trigger the "open dumping" provisions of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). Based on a review of recent (though limited) groundwater monitoring data from state agencies, the 33 active coal ash disposal sites in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas meet the open dumping criteria for arsenic, barium, cadmium, chromium, fluoride, lead, mercury and selenium.

“EPA put rules in place in 1979 that should have forced closure or cleanup at contaminated sites long ago,” said EIP Director Eric Schaeffer. “Because EPA was prohibited by law from cracking down on open dumping violations, they have been largely ignored by industry, so the pollution continues to this day, and in some cases has gotten worse.”

(...)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hooray for Alaska.I am tired of our corrupt murderous govt trying to poison us in every way possible.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I dont care how good or bad for you it is. You do NOT forcefully medicate a population against their will. You want Fluoride? Go buy it. Keep it the hell out of my drinking water.

I choose fresh clean water the way it was put on this earth. I am entitled to that choice. I do not need control freaks telling me what I must drink.

Except it's not 'as nature intended' is it? It's been through a treatment works and had chlorine - amongst other things - added. Completely untouched water can contain lethal bacteria and many contaminants. Not all technology is dangerous.

The issue here is personal choice about health, and on that subject we're agreed. But I wish the 'Nazis used fluoride!!' crowd would go away. Because for one thing, it's not true.
edit on 29-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: more stuff

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
Contamination from Coal Ash at Some Sites High Enough to Trigger ‘Open Dumping’ RCRA Provisions

Jun 27, 2011 11:11 AM, By Sandy Smith

ehstoday.com/environment/hazardous-waste/contamination-coal-ash-open-dumping-rcra-provisions-0627/

A new report from the Environmental Integrity Project (EIP) claims 33 coal ash dump sites in 19 states are contaminating groundwater with arsenic, lead and other toxins. According to EIP, these sites may be violating a federal ban on open dumping.

EIP found levels of groundwater contamination at 33 coal ash landfills or impoundments nationwide that are high enough to trigger the "open dumping" provisions of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). Based on a review of recent (though limited) groundwater monitoring data from state agencies, the 33 active coal ash disposal sites in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas meet the open dumping criteria for arsenic, barium, cadmium, chromium, fluoride, lead, mercury and selenium.

“EPA put rules in place in 1979 that should have forced closure or cleanup at contaminated sites long ago,” said EIP Director Eric Schaeffer. “Because EPA was prohibited by law from cracking down on open dumping violations, they have been largely ignored by industry, so the pollution continues to this day, and in some cases has gotten worse.”

(...)

Many chemicals can be dangerous in large amounts. They can also be harmless in small enough amounts. The presence of fluoride on that list proves nothing.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

The germans knew.
Use of Sodium Fluoride for mass behaviour control in Nazi Germany

That's highly disputed, if not totally debunked. Dragging the Nazis into an argument is a kind of emotional blackmail that does nothing to elaborate the real issues.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This site is getting increasingly irrational.

I have not seen one piece of evidence that leads me to believe that the government is trying to kill us via fluoride(or even at all). Show me some statistics that say that the fluoride in our water is killing us. Having been years since the program began surely we should be seeing symptoms.

What i will not accept as evidence is a Nazi comparison. That was a wildly different type of fluoride in wildly different doses. So it is a non-example of the American system(and UK) simply because the two are like cats and dogs. If you cannot tell the difference then that is your fault, not mine.
edit on 29-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Political rhetoric won out over science and the best advice of our medical and dental community - looks like the Tea Party wants something rotten in America - teeth!

Yes how dare we as human beings want to drink water the way God intended it to be.

Ya! How about all that food purification? We should all go back to eating food in the way they did 3000 yrs ago. That is, full of bacteria, tape worms and feces.

Good luck to all!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Political rhetoric won out over science and the best advice of our medical and dental community - looks like the Tea Party wants something rotten in America - teeth!
you seem to be suffereing from acute flouride poisening (spelling)
simptoms include,
beleiving your govenment,
consuming toxic materials as an act of faith,
untill it was decided to be good for teeth, dumping in water was a federal crime,
called "dumping toxic waste"

you may want to drink some flouride free for a while,
just till you get better

and while you drink your flouride feel safe in knowing its being shipped from china,
just for you
xp

I like post like these. Mostly because they are not only not an argument, but they make no sense.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I tend to go with the 'Devil You Know' kinda attitude in this case. Why in the hell would you want to consume something that may be hazardous to your health?

And why is Flouride added to the water supplies anyway? Ok all you 'I know the chemical make up' guys out there. What good does Flouride do to the human body? What good does it do being added to water? Is it like an adjuvant like Mercury is to vaccines?

Ever see the documentary 'The Flouride Deception'?

Fluoridation was first advanced in the US at the end of the second World War. Proponents argued that fluoride in water and toothpaste would help to protect teeth and prevent decay. Over the following decades, fluoride was added to public water supplies across the country.

Hmm...

While the benefits of fluoridation have been held to be unquestionable, accumulating evidence points to a frightening prospect: that fluoride may have serious adverse health effects, including infant mortality, congenital defects and IQ.

If there is even a chance of this being correct then I'd be wanting to stay well away from this stuff.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

I have this documentary on my hard drive. I have watched it a couple of times and passed it on to my work colleagues. Watch it. Then after do some research into what they say on it. It's pretty much on the button. Flouride is a by product of Industrial Waste and a dangerous to human chemical.

And any independent scientists and researchers that have said this have been shunned and or sacked by the mainstream scientific community. Why? Because they are getting close to the real truth. Mainstream science just like the mainstream media is controlled by the Government. And they are always telling lies.

So that being the case, it's a pretty good bet they are lying about the safety of Flouride as well.

If it's good for them it's bad for us!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Maybe we should just brush, floss, and maybe rinse with a little colloidal silver rather than ingest an industrial waste product that destroys your thyroid gland.

thyroid.about.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Aside from all the themed websites , blogs, ranting YouTube amateurs and misinformed comment, has anyone got access to a proper, scientifically researched and peer reviewed piece of research to demonstrate that fluoridation of water results in any of the negative things being highlighted on this thread.

Read this. Go on, I dare you! It opens as a PDF.

www.edinburghdentist.co.uk...

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join