It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Olsen, Marine victim of Police Abuse at #OCCUPY event, is founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"The site is no longer live, but Olsen was the founder of IHateTheMarineCorps.com, a private user forum apparently dedicated to bashing the Marine Corps."

Appears to be him

Very interesting.....
I wonder when the MSM will pick up on this and use it to the full extent?

website.informer.com...

www.liveleak.com...
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I guess ILoveTheMarineCorps.com was already taken?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Have you ever hated your job? I have..

Can you still love the people you work with? I have...

No different, let's not turn this into smear press.

The cops were wrong for only giving the protestors minutes to move before firing off tear gas. The cops were wrong, they put someone in a coma because they jumped the gun. Its that simple.

Lets not emphasize and twist this into something it isnt. Not every marine is going to come back all happy go lucky telling others to go to war. In fact, the ones I know talk # on the Corp. (corporation), but still love the brothers they fought with and love this country even more.

Really though who doesnt hate corporate america???

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It doesn't say the reason he hated them.

Maybe he hated the Marines after realizing that he was fighting for BS money instead of for the people.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

If you look a little deeper, you'll see he was being busted for failing a urinaylisis test for coc aine. Seems he took offense to that.

I'm sure the Marine Corps did as well.

Some people just have a blown up view of themselves when they sign up and are quickly made aware of the fact that it isn't all about them.

It is pretty hard to kick out the dirtbags nowadays.

link   
You guys are absolutely correct. I doubt he hated his fellow Marines, or the camaraderie he experienced while a member of the Corp, but rather hated the way he was utilized and the way he was treated. While I was in the Air Force and stationed in Mississippi, I talked to some of the Marines stationed there as well.

All of them said they wished they had joined the AF instead, and that being a Marine, while somewhat prestigious, is a pretty crappy life. My cousin is currently a Marine and he says the same thing. I don't think things were like that back in the day, as two of my great uncles were in the Corp, as well as another family member, and they all loved it. That was during the Korean War though.

So I don't think this means anything other than this man thought the same way as many other Marines, and I don't think anyone should consider him a bad person, or a traitor, or anything else that isn't true.

link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
It doesn't say the reason he hated them.

Maybe he hated the Marines after realizing that he was fighting for BS money instead of for the people.

I agree OP, other than him practicing his right to free speech on a public forum, what else is wrong with this in your opinion? One reason why I love to be an American by the way!! (We have some real rights still)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
"The site is no longer live...

But the internet remembers everything you've ever done.
The wayback machine, now part of archive.org, has crawled and stored this site.

ihatethemarinecorps.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">HERE is how it looked on January 30th this year.

Edit - stored not a lot of this site, actually.
But there is also another page from May 2010.
www.ihatethemarinecorps.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">here
edit on 28-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Edit - ATS doesnt seem to like the links. You're going to have to go to archive.org and hunt it down yourself.

edit on 28-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Let Scott Olsen hate the marines. He still did two tours of active military in a warzone where he put his own life in danger every day.

Let Scott Olsen hate the marines. He fought for even having the freedom of speech that allows him and others to hate whoever they want, and voice it.

I don't care what he hates or who he loves or what religion he practices or what political party he supports. Whether I agree with his views or not, he is an American Citizen who was protesting for something he believes in, and ended up being horribly injured by the actions of the police, actions which the mayor of Oakland felt she had to apologize for. THAT is what is important here.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
He may or may not have hated the Marine Corps. Personally, I say he served and unless there was a dishonorable no one has learned of yet, then he served with Honor. That gives him the RIGHT to bash the Marine Corps if he so chooses and in a way that no one who has NOT served can claim. I haven't served myself, and freely admit, vets are in a whole different class in their basis for opinions, particularly on the Service.

He was wearing a shirt that identified him as a vet, and he was obviously making no secret of the fact, so along those same lines as I noted above, he was exercising his rights to make his web site any way he chose to.

Now what does that have to do with the O.P.D. firing a non-lethal munition at head level? I was watching that whole thing live and saw him go down. I had no idea of the importance of what I was seeing that moment, but I DID see he was very close to the barricades. So this wasn't a 'mortar' shot for tear gas that just had horrible luck to hit Scott Olsen. This had to be fired AT HEAD HEIGHT.

Lets stop attacking the victim and making him look bad when it could have been anyone. Heck, it could have been a member of the Clergy...I met a couple in camp out here, and many are among the protesters. In this case what possible difference does Scott Olsen's activities before that night make to what happened?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

join