It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of Israel will be Saved

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Also with regard to dos and donts....
you seem to have a problem with religious folks making these lists...(as he says in the video). Fine.

But. what about the do's and don'ts in the bible itself... the ones that the bible teaches came from God?

You couldn't possibly keep all the laws everyday, you would end up sinning somewhere and your first thought of the day will most likely be a sin. This is why the Lord Jesus Christ had to die on the cross to be our sin offering forevermore. It doesn't matter what sin you commited, all sins are equal. There is no such thing as a lesser or greater sin, just one of them no matter how "minor" you think it is would be enough to damn you in the eyes of the Father, which is why the Lord had to pay our price and cover us forevermore, because it is the nature of man to break God's laws.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

God didn't give us the law so that we could make ourselves righteous,
This is coming from a man who says you can be as bad as to kill twenty million people, without remorse, and go to heaven.
Read this at. NOYurTypical's Endorcement for Sin

It doesn't matter if you kill 20 million men or just 1 man. Murder is murder and all sins are equal in the eyes of the Lord. Banging your neighbors wife is no lesser of a sin than murdering 20 million people. Sin is sin, there are no greater or lesser degrees and you're a fool if you think there are. However there is one sin that cannot ever be forgiven, to blasphemy the Holy Spirit. If you speak out against Him or slander Him you are toast for all eternity because that is the one sin you will not be forgiven.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

You are right there was religion in Abraham's day. Melchisedek was a high priest that believed in God, he may not have been a part of the Israelites but there were people even before the hebrews who believed in Yahweh. The book of Revelation even says this when it names Jesus Christ as a high priest of the Order of Melchisedek. Melchisedek may have been one of the very first Essenes.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You are right there was religion in Abraham's day. Melchisedek was a high priest that believed in God, he may not have been a part of the Israelites but there were people even before the hebrews who believed in Yahweh. The book of Revelation even says this when it names Jesus Christ as a high priest of the Order of Melchisedek. Melchisedek may have been one of the very first Essenes.

My father came to the conclusion that "Melchisedek" was more of a title, and that the man was actually none other than Shem. The dates, if you tease them out of Genesis and Jasher, do not rule it out. Yes, Shem did actually live that long, and in fact, the Book of Jasher relates that both Abram and Isaac lived in Shem's house (no location given) for long periods of time.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

The dates, if you tease them out of Genesis and Jasher, do not rule it out. Yes, Shem did actually live that long
I've done that, calculate it, from how old Shem was when his first son was born, and go right down the line to Abraham, and Shem was still alive when Abraham went to Canaan.
No one on earth would have been able to recall a time when he did not exist.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The bible tells me otherwise

Zechariah and his wife were considered "righteous" for keeping the law. (Luke 1:6)
and keeping the law was equated to being righteous (Ezekiel 18:9)
There are many more such verses where keeping the law was a sign of righteousness.

I'm not saying that the law is bad, the law is very good Paul says, but we are the problem, e don't keep it perfectly at all times without fail. And what I said is accurate. Paul said the law was given as our "schoolmaster". It's two-fold, the law gives God's perfect standard to live by, but at the same time a person should read the laws and say to themselves, "Ooops, I've failed to do that one in my life, oppps, I've also done that and I didn't mean to, I've sinned against the Lord, I need forgiveness."

In the OT that forgiveness was granted on the Day of Atonement, when Christ came He became our all-sufficient Savior. What did Adam, Noah, and Abraham do for righteousness? They were all considered righteous before the law was given. The fact of the matter is faith and trusting in the Lord was always counted to men for righteousness.

I've read all the 613 laws in the OT, and I've not kept them perfectly in my life, I've transgressed His perfect standards. So what can I do about that? I can't change my actions of the past, I can only look to Christ for forgiveness in repentance.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Also with regard to dos and donts....
you seem to have a problem with religious folks making these lists...(as he says in the video). Fine.

But. what about the do's and don'ts in the bible itself... the ones that the bible teaches came from God?

Not considering the laws specifically given to Levites, which I'm not a Levite, the law is good. Paul says the same thing, the law is good, WE are the problem. We're born in sin, none of us except the Lord Jesus Christ was perfect in all He said, did, thought and action for His entire life.

Everyone else needs to repent of the times we've transgressed His law and was need to be forgiven for failing the law when we have. Again, there is nothing wrong with God's standards, those are perfect and Christ is the living example we should all try and follow.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

This is coming from a man who says you can be as bad as to kill twenty million people, without remorse, and go to heaven.

It doesn't matter if you kill 20 million men or just 1 man. Murder is murder and all sins are equal in the eyes of the Lord. Banging your neighbors wife is no lesser of a sin than murdering 20 million people. Sin is sin, there are no greater or lesser degrees and you're a fool if you think there are. However there is one sin that cannot ever be forgiven, to blasphemy the Holy Spirit. If you speak out against Him or slander Him you are toast for all eternity because that is the one sin you will not be forgiven.

Yes correct, if I murder 1 person or I murder 20 million people, I'm still a murderer. And the Word says no murderers shall inherit eternal life. Moses committed murder, yet was mightily used by the Lord and appeared with Elijah to Christ on the Mount of Transfiguration. The issue is whether a sinner is repentant or not. And God's goodness leads us to repentance.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I believe what that means in Revelation is that Christ is a king and priest, just like Melchisedek. Normally kings and priests are different services to the Lord and people.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

My father came to the conclusion that "Melchisedek" was more of a title, and that the man was actually none other than Shem. The dates, if you tease them out of Genesis and Jasher, do not rule it out. Yes, Shem did actually live that long, and in fact, the Book of Jasher relates that both Abram and Isaac lived in Shem's house (no location given) for long periods of time.

Yes, agreed.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Bullocks, I never said that, YOU said that. You linked YOUR post. In the post you linked I said "no one can continue to live in sin". Man must repent of his sins and seek reconciliation to God through Christ for forgiveness.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

keeping the law was equated to being righteous

I would say the conclusion is understanding the time as well as the Word

Galatians4-
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law

Romans3-
now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets

edit on 30-10-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join