It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Travel Back in Time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have recently discovered a way to travel back in time.

Music. That's right. Here is how it works.

Think of a time in your life, let's say the early 2000's. What you do is search on youtube for songs you used to listen to during that time period.

Songs take me back to times long past; the memories of that time period literally come rushing back to me. For an even stronger nostalgic experience, close your eyes while you listen to songs from the past.

The way I think about it is, when you listen to some of your favorite songs from throughout your life, you are listening to it with your past self as well. When you do this, you can really see how much your mindset and way of thinking changes throughout the years, as well as the personal growth we attain as we travel through time.

Hope this makes sense.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's strange, I was thinking about this exact thing when I stumble upon your post. Wether or not people see it, this is definitely a way to travel back, wether it is more intangible than most desire or not, it is effective. Through listening to music, ESPECIALLY certain songs that heavily impacted me, I've been able to close my eyes and visually go back to moments in life, remember things I had long forgotten, and even been able to bring back mood's from certain times, and all of this is done by an extraordinary clarity of the time and place in mind. I hope more will try this out and not just say "That's not time travel!!!!!!!111!!!" Thanks for making other aware OP.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

Thank you for your post, and yes exactly, there are certain songs out there that are life changing.

Listening to them in the present, it is amazing, because you hear things in the song you didn't hear back in the day, and certain lyrics resonate more. Music takes me back to past relationships, past locations, past emotions...

Music is magical.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I have experienced this often, while listening to old songs from the 80s on Last fm on the Xbox.
The memmories just come flooding back, its just amazing the feelings are there too.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. When ever I listen to a song from my youth its brings me right back. I remember how I felt, memories when that song played, friends I hung out with. Its really quite amazing what music can do!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You see it all the time too.

You will be driving in a car with people, and a song will come on the radio, and someone will say, "oh my god this song takes me back."

It happens to everyone. It's great. Music affects all of us.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
the OP is a genius...thats exactly wat happens wen u listen to old songs,the emotions from that time come back so it kinda like emotion travel lol

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I know what you mean. And to go a step further, I have recordings of music I have written and played going back about 20 years. When I listen to those things, it's kind of like looking at a photo album, or maybe more closely like reading a diary. All of my music early on were instrumentals, yet when I hear them, I remember exactly who I was at the moment I was recording the song. I can remember the thoughts that were in my head right then, what my room felt like to be in, just everything. It's like an imprint of my mind at one specific moment in time.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
thats how I feel when I hear sonic music, pokemon, mario. I can remember exactly where I was when I heard those songs. I grew up with video game music and I still listen to it. But certain songs stick with me and take me back right to where I was that moment. What I was thinking...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Man...

what is up!

I agree with you about traveling in time, although I've found an aid in your method that makes it about 100 times more real.

-lys

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Not to be a buzzkill, but this is not time travel. This is called remembering things. They are completely diffrent.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Man...

what is up!

I agree with you about traveling in time, although I've found an aid in your method that makes it about 100 times more real.

-lys

It's awesome how that works right? For me it's scent that's more of a trigger. Often I'll go outside and smell the leaves, snow, a perfume, a certain type of food etc... and immediately have a flash of memories that I hadn't thought of in years.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Heck...I do that all the time.

But what I want to know is how I can invest in Microsoft back then and reap the rewards nowadays....

new topics

top topics

join