It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Autistic Boy Found Alive In Virginia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Missing Autistic Boy Found Alive In Virginia!

m.nbcwashington.com

Missing Autistic Boy Found Alive in Virginia MATTHEW STABLEY 10/28/2011 3:08 PM

A boy missing for five days was found alive in Hanover County,Va.,Friday.

Eight-year-old Robert "Robbie" Wood Jr.,who is autistic,wandered away while with his father,brother and a woman at North Anna Battlefield Park about 2:45 p.m. Sunday,police said.

He was found near a quarry
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I can truly relate to this story! My son whom is autistic, when he was around 5, got lost for several hours. Thankfully, we found him in the woods before nightfall. More to come on this story.

People would not believe how common this is with autistic kids. One second they are there the next gone. There are organizations that receive funds to provide, wander guard type bracelets and other gps tracking paraphinalia to help prevent this type of scenario.

One thing we cannot do is blame the parents. Until you are the parent of an autistic child, you will never understand how this happens.

So glad this story has a happy ending.

Thanks,
Pax

m.nbcwashington.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the good news.

It's a great way to start a weekend.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Cnn.com

Another link to this truly miraculous story. The temperatures have been quite cool the past few days, dipping into the upper 30'S at night. I know the little boy was airlifted to MCV hospital and I will be updating his status as news
becomes available.

Thank you for your time,
Pax

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

This news is so awesome! Whenever I hear about a missing child...I pray for them.....that the angels will surround them with help....and they will be found. I am so glad for the child and his family. All children are so precious and valuable.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This precious little boy, whom did not speak, was found alive curled up in the fetal position in a creek bed.
So far they say he is in good condition.

He was the focus of an intensive search including about 2,000 volunteers. In fact, two of my dear friends were involved in the search. Last night the news was very disheartening after speaking to my friend. I did not have a good feeling at all.

As has been said, so wonderful to have this fantastic news going into this weekend. Rain and much colder weather is expected in the next hour. If they hadn't found him, when they did, he may not have made it.

God is Good!

Pax

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Austic children wander off often?

Good story/news op.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Unfortunately, very often. you would not believe how easy it is for an autistic child to disappear. We were ready
to buy a Gps tracking device that is inserted into the shoes, when my sons wandering thankfully stopped.

We did however have alarms placed on all the doors and windows.

Thank you for the kind words. I can tell you now based on the temperature tonight, we would not have made it in this cold.

Pax

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Unfortunately, very often. you would not believe how easy it is for an autistic child to disappear. We were ready
to buy a Gps tracking device that is inserted into the shoes, when my sons wandering thankfully stopped.

We did however have alarms placed on all the doors and windows.

Thank you for the kind words. I can tell you now based on the temperature tonight, we would not have made it in this cold.

Pax

Thats very interesting. I've worked with austic children before, we do a clinic in the pool where I work and many of the children are austic. But, I guess when you don't get a chance to swim often in a large pool like ours you are to distracted by excitement to wander often. Some of the most enjoyable people to be around, really.

top topics

join