It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to Christians...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If God exists, why are there starving children?

Checkmate.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Satan does exist as well as God. A simple answer to your question would be because there is evil in this world we live in.

Check.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
the way i see it: god decides the faith of the human race, the human race will survive and develope, that is gods decision or act. if now 10% die or live in misery doesnt danger the determined goal. saving starving children has no priority.

edit on 28-10-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
If God exists, why are there starving children?

Checkmate.

Do you give to that cause?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I love it when atheists ask this question with that smug sense of self righteousness. There is no way I could put it more beautifully than the author of this website so I'll let their words do the talking.

"Man lives in a universe of cause and effect and the consequences of certain causes are inescapable. Fire burns, water drowns, disease germs destroy. These facts have moral implications. Men live in a universe in which the consequences of what they do are inescapable, and therefore their responsibility for what they do is equally inescapable. Without this burden of 'natural law' man could do as he liked with impunity, and there would be no responsibility. God made the universe this way because He is a moral God who makes men responsible beings with freewill to choose how they will act.
Man's neglect and misuse of his own life has corrupted the stream of human life itself, and left evils which fall on succeeding generations. These, again as part of natural law, may manifest themselves as hereditary weaknesses and tendencies to disease. The very stuff of life may be affected as it is passed on from generation to generation.
The consequences of man's acts are not only directly physical. The social and political evils which they have created throughout history have left a gathering burden on the generations following. People today are caught in a net of the consequences of past history, and even when they try to right one evil, another is brought to bear: "The whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now" (Romans 8:22)."

Source - Christadelphia.org

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Too many people who are not Christians.

Too many people who don't care about anyone
who is not direct family, or friends, or someone
who provides them with a regular pay check.

If everyone had the spirit of Christ, there would
be no starving children.

People calling themselves Christians should
stop worrying about a rapture, and worry about
real problems right here.
edit on 28-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Because man brought Sin into the world before Sin their was no suffering or death. And just think how much worse the world would be if God didn't send his only begotten son to pay for our sins...

The devil has dominion over earth at this moment as God has allowed this, but there will be a time when Jesus returns to destroy all that is evil and only the righteous will remain.

That time is called the second coming and could be at any time now, the prophetic clock is ticking...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I perceive an antagonistic attitude here. Why don't you contribute something that is worthwhile instead of drumming up division and arguments? I will not argue with you though, my friend, as there are many threads and information out there explaining this. So, peace to you, God Bless you, and have a great day!
edit on 28-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaydee055
He is a moral God who makes men responsible beings with freewill to choose how they will act.

He lets babies starve to death because of someone elses' sins? Babies don't get a choice of how to utilize free will, and God is alright with them dying? That's not moral at all.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I dont think God is making little children starve. The earth has enough food to feed everyone. If everyone followed the teachings of Jesus then none would starve. Rest assured God is very sad that man is allowing the children to starve. We have enough food to feed everyone and WE choose not to.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Nosred

Because man brought Sin into the world before Sin their was no suffering or death. And just think how much worse the world would be if God didn't send his only begotten son to pay for our sins...

The son that people were tortured and killed for not believing in? The son that helped kick-start the Dark Ages and the Crusades; effectively tearing down everything the Greeks, Romans, and other enlightened civilizations had worked to build?

The devil has dominion over earth at this moment as God has allowed this, but there will be a time when Jesus returns to destroy all that is evil and only the righteous will remain.

I don't think "destroying" people is a very righteous thing to do, doesn't your bible preach mercy? Isn't it possible for an almighty deity to solve problems without murder and dooming people to eternal torment?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken69
reply to post by Nosred

I dont think God is making little children starve. The earth has enough food to feed everyone. If everyone followed the teachings of Jesus then none would starve. Rest assured God is very sad that man is allowing the children to starve. We have enough food to feed everyone and WE choose not to.

Disease then, why is your god okay with small children who have never so much as *heard* of the Bible, let alone be given the chance to accept its teachings, die from incurable diseases?

Also:

If everyone followed the teachings of Jesus then none would starve.

Why is your god okay with small children who have never been given the chance to exercise their free will die for somebody elses misdeeds?
edit on 28-10-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

(the game is not yet over)
starving children are funny &
God is 'Comedian'...

This is his face.
I am aware that you dont believe me.
Go right ahead...

Have a wonderfull duration of time good person...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
reply to post by Nosred

Satan does exist as well as God. A simple answer to your question would be because there is evil in this world we live in.

Why would an omniscient God create a being that he knew would cause this sort of trouble? If this is Satan's doing, then God would have known that Satan would cause innocent children to die and yet he created him anyways?

Why couldn't an almighty God cause Satan to become good? Why would he let men suffer for the misdoings of one his creations that isn't even human? Humans would have no control over his angel's free will...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

You think in the patterns of a man with no chance at redemption. Babies may starve and die but afterwards they go to heaven and enjoy eternal peace and joy. I'm certain that you believe when you die you will rot in the ground at that's it. Well, sorry. That's not the way it works.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
I perceive a troll. Why don't you contribute something that is worthwhile

Just what I was thinking when I read your post...

Where are the mods? It's against the rules to call someone a troll.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The mother of all excuses, freewill. It is not Gods fault that there are starving children but ours.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Every man dies - even the well cared-for and over-fed.

This bleeding heart argument always kills me - not that we shouldn't care about all people, as well as try to help them, but when it's used as a proof against god. Reminder: you'll suffer the same eventual end as these, and all others. Death is natural.

What people tend not to want to consider is the role that WE play in what's happening in the world. Why are these children starving? Perhaps we should also ask why we have to have fast internet speed or the newest iPhones, why we tolerate governments wasting trillions on war and incarceration, all of it.

And you want to blame god? Take a look in the mirror at the face of humanity, and assign blame where blame is due. WE'RE responsible for making of this world what we will.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

How do you teach a child? Do you ever think to yourself, he has done bad so now I wish I never created him? No, you teach him right from wrong and let him learn from his mistakes. We are God's children and there is never a moment he regrets creating you just as you don't regret your own children. Even Satan is one of God's children.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Sure, why doesn't god just make us all puppets on strings and not allow us to make any of our own choices, while he's at it.

Everyone always wants to blame Satan too much, as well - wrongly so. Satan is effectively no more than god's prosecuting attorney, getting us to show our true colors. I would much rather have free will and a chance to work towards a better world, even if we tend to fail, than a no-option pantomiming of life and liberty.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join