It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid YU55 - What's in a name?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
And regardless of what it meant, it's gone, and nothing happened.

Yeah and I even tried to tell the Elenin believers it was nothing to worry about. There was no alignments, etc.

It's not even a coincidence... it's just you being all doomy and gloomy.

Not at all, I just don't have my head stuck in the sand. I've been paying attention.

You are correct though, it's not a coincidence, nice of you to acknowledge that much.

st.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

I'll actually make that wager, myself.

If YU55... wait, what are you expecting it to do again?
Anyway, if it does whatever you're expecting it to do, I will make one final post declaring that I've been wrong all along, and I will never post again.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

OR it could refer to Y as being the 'fork in the road'; the U being a sudden U-turn -- these could indicate a complete miss for Earth since both letter meanings are connected to 'changes in direction'. Of course, this could also refer to a 'change in direction' regarding the projected path of YU55...closer to us, rather than away.

Number 5 is the number of Man, but number 55 is a Master Number that points to an intelligence vastly superior or foreign to our own. Number 5 is also the number of major lifestyle changes, communication issues, freedom and independence and jolts of sensory stimulation...and doubled 5 energies can easily indicate conflict and create tensions among the people. The 10 it totals to also indicates a 'new start/second chance'...whether this is by choice or by necessity and for the positive or negative is anyone's guess at this point.

But my feeling is that this is not the 'event' some of us (more of us, would be more accurate) are waiting for.

Just my two cents.
Namaste.
GI

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think we should stop naming celestial objects and "de-name" those what have already been named. It would make some peoples lives much more easier.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Are willing to wager also? If something does happen, will you make one final post admitting you are so closed minded it is stopping you from learning and stopping you from seeing the bigger picture that is right in front of you?

Yes. If 2005 YU 55 deviates from its orbit and strikes the Earth or Moon I will post a final mea culpa and never post on ATS again. Please note, an unrelated earthquake, typhoon or tsunami a few days on either side of YU 55's closest approach does not count. My wager is that YU 55 will not impact the Earth or Moon.
edit on 1-11-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lithops

We need some sort of designation. Even if we numbered them by discovery date, people would still be freaking out over Object 666, and probably Object 1111. And, of course, Object 777 would usher in the Age of Aquarius, while Object 13 would come for the camp counselors.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Yes. If 2005 YU 55 deviates from its orbit and strikes the Earth or Moon I will post a final mea culpa and never post on ATS again. Please note, an unrelated earthquake, typhoon or tsunami a few days on either side of YU 55's closest approach does not count. My wager is that YU 55 will not impact the Earth or Moon.

It's not going to hit the moon. Why would an earthquake/typhoon/tsunami on EITHER side ever count? The earthquake/tsunami would only happen after an impact.

Would you like to make a charitable wager also? U2U me and we can arrange that.

I've noticed they have changed the condition code of the asteroid, it used to be at 0, now it's at 3.

Anyway, getting back on topic. The interpretation of the name is valid. It's not like individual letters were used to create a sentence. Whether or not YU55 is a deliberate 'codename' is debateable.

st.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This thread is now part of the :

Impact Warning Theory

Also mentions Elenin!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

We will now accept your letter (or post, as it were) of resignation, as per our agreement.

<< 1   >>

join