It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid YU55 - What's in a name?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What's in a name?
If we examine the name of the asteroid, 2005 Yu55, we find the following:

Yu
'Yu' is the name of a 'Great King'. Great King Yu or Yu the Great, as he was known. Yu was seen as a controller of the waters.

The Great King that controls the waters.

'55' is interesting in that it is the sum of the numbers 1 to 10. '55' is a pair of fives, or a 'five pair'. The significance of this can be read in 'The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall'

The ten kings of Atlantis are the tetractys, or numbers, which are born as five pairs of opposites. (Consult Theon of Smyrna for the Pythagorean doctrine of opposites.) The numbers 1 to 10 rule every creature, and the numbers, in turn, are under the control of the Monad, or 1--the Eldest among them.

With the trident scepter of Poseidon these kings held sway over the inhabitants of the seven small and three great islands comprising Atlantis.

When you add up the numbers 1 to 10 you get 55.
When you add up the 10 islands you get Atlantis.
When you add up the ten kings of Atlantis, or five pairs, you get the power of Atlantis.

When you add up the five pair (55), you get Atlantis.

Therefore the meaning of the name of our space rock becomes:

The Great King that controls the waters of Atlantis. This space rock has the power of 'Poseidon'.

The waters of Atlantis are the waters of the Atlantic, therefore the name translates to:

The Great King that controls the waters of the Atlantic.

Nice!

st.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
or it could be.. if you replace the 5's with what they look like as letters, they become S's

therefore it could mean
Y= why
U= you
S= so
S= silly

(only a little joke there satori.. no offence intended)...

edit on 28/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
usually english turns back to latin, thus my username >_> but tbh this time doesn't really work, cause asteroids are labeled with a system, real names are only given to asteroids like this sucker

en.wikipedia.org...

Apophis broke the record for the highest level on the Torino Scale, being, for only a short time, a level 4, before it was lowered.[7] Its diameter is approximately 270 meters (885 ft).[2] As of October 7, 2009, the probability of an April 13, 2036 impact is considered to be 1 in 250,000.

side note, i log on for the first time today and see a thread with my u-name in the title xD chaos theory certainly is wEird.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Yes, and "Elenin" was "Extinction Level Event, Nibiru is Near."

Let's see what my name means. CL is the stock symbol for the Colgate-Palmolive Company. Prime is a brand of chicken.
There's chicken in our toothpaste and dish liquid!!!
edit on 28-10-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Let's see what my name means. CL is the stock symbol for the Colgate-Palmolive Company. Prime is a brand of chicken.
edit on 28-10-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

Can i just say in all honesty i very rarely actually laugh out loud at a post.. thank you!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Greetings:

And this soliloquy from a retired Nova Scotia shepherd who lost his staff?

We applaud your sincerity.

Stars & Flags !

Peace Love Light
tfw

Liberty & Equality

or

Revolution

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This link may be of great interest to you,
www.bible-codes.org...

" Some have wondered whether these names (with their meanings) were intended by God to be strung together in succession to tell some larger story. Already there have been attempts to string together the first 10 names in the bible from Adam to Noah. In general, this is what the first 10 names of the bible read when the meaning of each name is rendered in the order given in the bible."

Goes much further than just the first 10 names....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Is that where we get the saying that everything tastes like chicken? heh

I like your out of the box thinking OP, but I generally agree, that when that method is used.. its usually wrong.. its us as humans wanting to explain an idea, with a higher level of meaning..

Side note, what aboout YU-55 in other ideas/theories? 55 is a prime number for Mason's is it not? Does Y or U have any kind of significance in the Masonic world?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I would be with you my brother but many of us including myself put WAY too much stock in Elenins name and it only served up fear mongering. I do believe in numerology, the Illuminati and alot of other things but I just don't put any stock into this space rock.

That being said, you can think that every rock headed near earth can hit and be wrong a 1000 times but at the end of the day, it only takes one time to change the nature of our existence.

If not a doomsday rock scenario, people should already be preparing for marshal law and world war, the possibility of an asteroid impact at this point should be incidental and people should be prepared regardless.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

An asteroid impact that this pivital moment.. might just be what we need to wake up and realize and change.. but.. for my lack of spirituality, i've adopted hope in its place.. so we shall see.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
not that i swim in the Atlantic Ocean very often so its ok for me

btw Op is this research yours? if it is indeed you did a great job

edit on 29-10-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The designation 2005 YU 55 means that it is one of an almost unimaginably large number of small bodies (U-55) discovered in the last half of December (Y) in 2005. That's all it means.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
The designation 2005 YU 55 means that it is one of an almost unimaginably large number of small bodies (U-55) discovered in the last half of December (Y) in 2005. That's all it means.

en.wikipedia.org...

But that's just plain boring.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Elenin only mean't that to the youtube crowd. To others it mean't something else. X1 Elenin.

You might be onto something, does your closest approach to earth take you over a Colgate-Palmolive factory on a significant date?

YU55 makes it's closest approach to Earth on 11:30pm 8/9th November, passing over the Atlantic.

Suppose it's just a coincidence though.

st.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
not that i swim in the Atlantic Ocean very often so its ok for me

btw Op is this research yours? if it is indeed you did a great job

Yes and sadly I have more.

st.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

That's all it means? Now are you sure about that DJW001?

Would you be willing to stake your life on it?

st.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

That's all it means? Now are you sure about that DJW001?

Would you be willing to stake your life on it?

st.

Let's be more practical, shall we? Would you be willing to bet your ability to post on ATS that it means anything else? Seriously, if 2005 YU 55 does not hit Earth next week, are you willing to start one final thread where you admit that you were wrong and then never post again? I made similar wagers about comet Elenin, and no-one was willing to take the wager. Do you really believe the rubbish you've been posting? If so, put your membership where your mouth is.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That ridiculous clown and huckster Richard Hoagland is now saying that "a JPL source" told him that YU55 is really rotating once every 19.5 hours, although the JPL database clearly says 18.

He also claims to have special knowledge that YU55 will come much closer to the Moon than we've been told, and may even impact.

He's a liar.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

Elenin only mean't that to the youtube crowd. To others it mean't something else. X1 Elenin.

And regardless of what it meant, it's gone, and nothing happened.

You might be onto something, does your closest approach to earth take you over a Colgate-Palmolive factory on a significant date?

It just so happens...yes.

YU55 makes it's closest approach to Earth on 11:30pm 8/9th November, passing over the Atlantic.

Suppose it's just a coincidence though.

Yes, because asteroids choose when to impact the planet. The Troödons warned the rest of the dinosaurs, stay away from Mexico on the 5th of Rexvember, but nooo...they wouldn't listen.

It's not even a coincidence... it's just you being all doomy and gloomy.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Let's be more practical, shall we? Would you be willing to bet your ability to post on ATS that it means anything else? Seriously, if 2005 YU 55 does not hit Earth next week, are you willing to start one final thread where you admit that you were wrong and then never post again? I made similar wagers about comet Elenin, and no-one was willing to take the wager. Do you really believe the rubbish you've been posting? If so, put your membership where your mouth is.

Yes, I'll take that wager.

Are willing to wager also? If something does happen, will you make one final post admitting you are so closed minded it is stopping you from learning and stopping you from seeing the bigger picture that is right in front of you?

st.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join